Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Yes they are valued. You people need to grow up and stop taking everything so personally.

The aim of an MMO ultimately is to get to 50 (or respective top level). End of story. If you enjoy the game in another way, good for you. But here in this case people are getting rewarded for achieving the first big milestone of an MMO, getting top level and experiencing the full content of the game. Maybe next time they won't have 4 level 25s, and will contribute to the wider gaming community by grouping with the majority of players. Nuff said.

In other words, endgames where its at, best rush there and stay there because if you dont have an endgame character, youre not worth a damn.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea, If your under level 50 and lose out on the free month because you arent a level 50 and have to pay 14.99 while level 50s get their free month.

You can double your money back by holding on to 14.99 for 2 months in 2012,doesnt matter what months you do this.

I guarantee you can double the amount you feel lost by not having a level 50 on April 12th 2012.

That's exactly what I was saying Kalfear.... everyone has put up with the same amount of crap.

Level 50s are no exception, but they're also not the only ones... they're just easier to target, and Bioware I feel went into panic/knee jerk reaction mode when one thing in 1.2 didn't make the deadline, so they threw a ill-planned promotion aimed only at them and used the first thing they could find... free game time.

Perhaps if so many hadn't already bought white crystals they would have just mailed all level 50 characters one of those instead... but that wouldn't have gone down well considering how many people would be calling foul play and demanding their 1mil+ credits back. :D

You know, before tonight, if Bioware had said exactly what you said, I would have gone

"ok cool, what ever"

But for 12 hours Ive been insulted, abused, lied to, got called a terrorist in one thread, and heard every knee jerk troll spin one can stomach

So yeah, I will not accept anything short of full monetrary time allowance added and a beleiveable (and this part I doubt I get) appoligy.

And I want that because the obvious trolls from 12 hours ago are still here trolling with out incident or suspension.

I honestly do think you should be able to address your dislikes with out confrontation like been going on here. People have a right to be upset with out being insulted and called down.

So yeah, Bioware has to step up in a big manner for me to activate account. But like Odd ball, it will never be 6 month sub again, best they could ever hope for is 1 month repaeating. They lost that level of trust and dedication.

Yes they are valued. You people need to grow up and stop taking everything so personally.

The aim of an MMO ultimately is to get to 50 (or respective top level). End of story. If you enjoy the game in another way, good for you. But here in this case people are getting rewarded for achieving the first big milestone of an MMO, getting top level and experiencing the full content of the game. Maybe next time they won't have 4 level 25s, and will contribute to the wider gaming community by grouping with the majority of players. Nuff said.

All I can say to that is thx for the lecture, fu and bb. If BW thinks they have room to alienate more of the players, I think they are delusional, but that's just me.

We all know why they did it...

what we dont like is how they did it... they just took a big dump on a large portion of their loyal customers by more or less stating that people who have lvl 50 characters are more important than people who have played from the start but dont have lvl 50 characters.

You're right, the thing I now dont get is; That even people who ARE 50 and got some brains would also react on this.. So.. we can atleast agree that this werent a smart move..

But if they thought it was? Then that is an even bigger insult to thier players..

ALL of their players..

Cant really get my head around this..

Also, they've had several hours to say something about the issue.

The silence speaks volumes.

Well, give 'em a bit more than a couple of hours to decide what, if anything, they are going to do here.

Heh, of course by now they might have already done so, I'm still slogging through this thread. I am curious to see how this goes, how many people are upset and why. How many trolls are in here prodding away (and hitting the ignore list) and how many folks offer counter suggestions that might suit.

Wasn't SWTOR's intent to completely demolish the idea that "The Game Starts At Level Cap"? It's the bull**** I heard in WoW, EQII, Lineage, and a whole crapton of other MMOs. SWTOR was an attempt to make the whole of the game interesting.

I was going to continue my SUB here with SWTOR when D3 comes out purely because i really liked this game and enjoyed playing and would have loved to continue coming on to do whatever, but this promo is like a **** off sign so i think ill take my 15 USD a month and put it back in my wallet till i deem it worthy to come out again.

Well, give 'em a bit more than a couple of hours to decide what, if anything, they are going to do here.

Im at risk of almost sounding trollish here but what ever, I dont think ill be back so ill lay it on the line

Their silence is most of their problem

They MASSIVELY screwed up the pre launch

and they went home for dinner

People (not me, no twitter) bothered whats his name for access

He called them a few names and insults, and went home for dinner

But the problem remained, growing in frequency for 7 days

and at 3:30pm every day, they went home for dinner

Now this

This should have been nipped in the butt no later then 9pm last night est

and yet it was silence

I bet there was some good meals to be had

I dont know how Bioware and EA work it but when I was managing a bar and kitchen, day, night, day off, heck once during holidays, problems at work, I get the call as I was the Manager. Nothing got pushed off till next day bussiness hours. You deliver a customer service product you make sure ALL ISSUES can be solved during bussiness hours

which in the case of a MMORPG is 24/7/365

Need more managers?

Hire more managers

But you SOLVE THE PROBLEMS LIKE THIS quickly and proffessionally

Maybe I just grew up in a era of personal responcibility, I dont know.

What does being level 50 have to do with loyalty?

Been playing regularly since beta, have number of high level characters, not 50, paying for 3 accounts for the 3 or 4 hours a week I can play together with my kids.

efyu very much bioware.

agree

I have been an active subsciver and pre orderd the game, been subbed from the beginning.

I still dont have an level 50, my highest is a level 38 and several alt.

Was on a low pop server and reroled on another one.

So tell me why i cant have the 30 free days.

My money is the same color as the level 50 :)

I hope you don't forget us active subscrivers from the start Bioware.

Wasn't SWTOR's intent to completely demolish the idea that "The Game Starts At Level Cap"? It's the bull**** I heard in WoW, EQII, Lineage, and a whole crapton of other MMOs. SWTOR was an attempt to make the whole of the game interesting.

Yup.

The whole "gate starts at cap" mentality is a lazy, myopic way to develop games.

Some games have tried to get away from that, with varying degrees of success - LOTRO's scaleable Skirmish system for example tried to introduce new content at below level cap, and was IMO relatively successful. The problems with LOTRO are almost all linked directly to the in-game store, micro-transaction part of the game.

The SW storyline system is, arguably, one of the most interesting and engaging features of an MMO in a very long time. Coupled with the potential of the Legacy system it has massive potential.

Shame that potential has been wasted.

All The Best

I am loving the new patch. The legacy system is looking awesome, I have managed to unlock a few things already and I'm having a blast with it.

The new warzone looks really cool too. Awesome answer to too much hutball :D

I'm absolutely stoked about the free time and the pet! All up it looks like an awesome patch with heaps to keep us entertained both while leveling and at 50.

Can't wait to log back in now that I don't have to rush off to work and spend a decent amount of time exploring the additions and changes!

Thanks heaps guys :D

I really thought SWTOR had potential. I will be sad to see some players leave. But hey, there will always be an MMO aroound. But honestly, they OBVIOUSLY think their true loyal supporters are lvl 50. I don't think I've heard any MMO personally put down their customers this badly!

It's only been given to lvl50 players because there are most likely to stop subscription. The rest will most like keep the subscription active anyway. As I can understand this from a company stand point personally I find this wrong. They should have given this to people who have an active subscription from the start. That way you would reward the most loyal players to your game.

It's only been given to lvl50 players because there are most likely to stop subscription. The rest will most like keep the subscription active anyway. As I can understand this from a company stand point personally I find this wrong. They should have given this to people who have an active subscription from the start. That way you would reward the most loyal players to your game.

That may have been true until they angered everyone.

26 Hours ago, I posted a message about how I intended to stay subbed for at least a year. As of this moment I am unsubbed. What changed? BW spit in my face, that's what.

Has it not occurred to anyone that this gesture could be related to their recent admission of failure with Illum? Or that they were forced to pull ranked warzones at the last minute? Both major features of the game that 50s heavily rely on...

Sure. And I have utterly no objection to those who were directly affected being given a sop. I am bemused by the way they chose to word this. It pretty much guaranteed that those who do not have 50s but have dealt with class quest bugs that held them up or any of the other bizarre things (for ex. I have a OPERATIVE quest in my Jedi guardian's quest log since the patch which cannot be deleted. :rolleyes: ).

Eh, bottom line, I think it is short-sighted to give those who may have only subscribed for a month something (and yes, it IS an enticement, a bribe to keep 50s from haring out of here, I get that but I do wonder if they haven't started a precedent that will come back to haunt them) whereas those who have been paying since day one...

Ah well, it'll be interesting to see how they respond.

I've got my account and my level 50 character both before April the 12th but when I check my days remaining I don't have that added month does anyone else have the added month added on their account yet?

Any help would be great

That may have been true until they angered everyone.

26 Hours ago, I posted a message about how I intended to stay subbed for at least a year. As of this moment I am unsubbed. What changed? BW spit in my face, that's what.

Even if they spit in your face it does not mean you are not valued player. They just think you are not going to quit anyway. Wipe the spit and keep paying.

Edited by Repefe

I preordered the very day it was available, I was in Early Game Access since the first day, I purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition, I've played during these 4 months except for 15 days I took off to focus on studying (despite it running like **** on low-end rigs, I may add), I have played the Korriban storylines like 20 times counting both Warrior and Inquisitor, etc. yet apparently I'm not a valued customer despite all of this just because I didn't reach level 50 and decided to focus on playing alts, trying every story and every class and advanced class, deleting my lvl25 char just to change from pureblood to zabrak, socializing, crafting, changing the server I was in, etc.

/unsubbed, or rather /won't buy another game card. In 2 days you've managed to first piss off a good part of your level 50 population with the ranked warzones fiasco and now a good part of your not-yet-lvl50 population. GG BioWare, the game is pretty good but you deserve every lost sub.

Guess it's time to go back to LOTRO.

Edited by Khyle