Moving Battlemaster chest piece gear to orange doesnt transfer set bonus

RefugeASSASSIN

Thanks man. I'm looking at it on youtube atm. Looks like a great alternative. I'm very suprised that EA handles MMOs like they are with SWTOR, especially with their name somewhat on the line.

Don't worry about the EA name attached to "The Secret World".

It is only a marketing/distribution agreement for some regions. EA has nothing to do with and no say in development or administration.

I've got a buddy in beta. His non-gaming (but still pretty good) machine runs TSW better than my gaming rig runs SWTOR.

"The Secret World" is just plain sick. I'm just using 1.2 to keep my mind off TSW until beta weekends start May 11th (launch is June 19th). Although I may continue to play both. 1.2.x(s) have about 2 months of overlap in my already paid game time to re-hook me.

Edited by jmdatcs

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"real" times to get the comms are higher,since sometimes a warzone que pop takes 5-15min,getting in a losing void/alderan is a nearly is a great lost too(sometimes you do not even get out the spawm bevore void ends)

avg 80coms is more like you win the most warzones

so ist a best case scenarion where you need 39h/268h playtime

i realy hope for a "fix/compensation" for the "old"(even if 2day old...) armor mods

Edit: a slow gear grind is ok,but a re/grind the same gear is not

Edited by gwrtheyn

Then I will spend the credits to test the theory once the servers come up.

Here is what we have folks, according to the above poster, set bonuses are transferring, but are not being shown when moused over the new gear.

No.

Atleast for me. I lost about 800k credits (nothing to my name now ahaha) due to this. I found out the hard way that nothing transferred over. I swapped out pieces from my gloves/helm/chest before I realized no set bonus had come over. To test, (as an Assassin) I put on the 3 pieces I had just modded, used Recklessness and instead of getting 3 charges (which is the 4 piece set bonus) I only got two :(

Then I had to strip the 3 social pieces to throw them back in my BM gear. Yay.

The twitter post linked to a dev post from mid-march that could be read both ways.

~"Pre 1.2, armor shell had the set bonus, post patch armor will have it on the mod."

Can mean either post patch armor is the only stuff that will xfer

Or

Can mean that all armor after 1.2 will be changed to have set bonus on armoring.

Hoping they fix the "bug". If they make it where its post 1.2 bought armor only and don't offer a one time armor trade in for a new set........wow.

Edited by Moosestick

the system to trade BM for WH+x is in the game

only new merchant needed 4 trade old BM -> new BM or BM armoring with set bonus

Edit: empty BM -> armoring with set bonus trade would be great

Edited by gwrtheyn

Am I not understanding this right? I thought with 1.2 you could pull out your Mods on PVP gear, put them in regular orange gear and get the set bonus that transfers? I.E 4 piece stalker gear gets you another charge of Recklessness etc?

yea this is anoying,

im hoping its just a tempoerary bug :( i dont think thye have added the set bonus yet to the armoring mods :(

Yep still does not work. I pulled all 3 mods from 2 pcs of "NEW" BM gear and put them into the correctly matching "Orange Crafted Augmented" armor and lost my set bonus. I tested it to see if it was a tool tip thing or not. "No tool tip error", the set bonus is gone. I am now broke, broken, and sad.

This just sucks...:-(

Yeah basically it's down to this.

If you worked really hard grinding forever to get valor 60 or 70 or whatever, just to get your full BM gear...not only does your valor rank not mean anything anymore, because anybody can wear your armour now...

But now, they teased you with custom armour, then took it away last minute. And the only thing you can do now is grind endlessly for new War Hero gear which is ridiculously ugly, just to spend a million credits to pull all the mods out and put it into something you enjoy wearing...

all at the risk of having ALL of your armour useless again because you switched the mods around, so the next time Bioware completely revamps the system your old gear won't transfer over to the new system and you will be left with subpar crap that any level 50 can have for a few hundred thousand credits.

Fun!

thisS

no regrind BM

old and new BM pieces do not work !(tested !)

(WH modd ripping costs 44k,aka 132k 1 piece)

Yeah, I can confirm new BM pieces don't work either. I presume rakata will be the same. It's just the new sets which are assigned to armouring.

Yeah, I can confirm new BM pieces don't work either. I presume rakata will be the same. It's just the new sets which are assigned to armouring.

Did you try BM pieces in BM orange gear, or a different piece of gear? just curious

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to spell this one out for players and devs. First to clarify as I now understand it, the bonuses carry over from the armoring on EITHER of the new 1.2 armor tiers those being, the BH and the WH. I enjoy both PVP and PVE myself and I don't see this as an issue singular to either crowd.

From a players perspective, we want our characters to look cool! If we earn the set gear then, we should be able to put those set pieces into anything we want. (I also wasted LOTS of creds getting a whole augmented PVP and PVP set of helm, legs, chest so, I feel you guys)

From a MMO franchise perspective you guys gotta realize that making people strive for new gear, play longer and thus, pay you longer is your goal. That means releasing new content and gear that requires work to receive correct? Yes, totally... (and you know that clearly but you are kind of missing something huge!)

How many free to play games are PURELY based off of making your avatar look cool? (all of them pretty much... and that is how they make their money) You can still make us work our *** off for the new set gear but don't you realize that when you let us put our mods into whatever we want then we are striving to achieve even more of your virtual items and therefore, playing and paying more! Plus, we are satisfied customers because we get to look the way we want to and that is cool!

Honestly... why the hell did you even make orange crafting boxes for BM gear if the bonuses don't carry? There is NO reason not to immediately change this! I think my argument for why it is a win-win is pretty solid...

Tsaerkon 50 SW on Drooga's Pleasure Barge :wea_03: