Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I was expecting a boxy mouse droid, not a roomba.

Edit: And especially not a roomba that doesn't stealth with you, is attackable by mobs and also pulls aggro while trying to stealth past things.

Edited by Keii

You all should've gone for the standard edition. 20 dollars for just 3-4 in-game items is plain stupid and wrong. You wonder yourselves why they are doing what they're doing ? Because you, the customers, are supporting this model by BUYING it. The moment you gave them your money (+20 dollars) you said you like it. That's how voting works in capitalism.

Learn and next time order standard edition unless the deluxe offers some really good items. Even if it's unique to that edition, it's not worth money if it's crap. And it's not like YOU are unique since 2 in 4 people have the deluxe edition...

this guy gets it

I disagree, you already have a slight edge in the game when most games give nothing but cosmetic stuff for preorder bonuses. It's good enough. You didn't buy a shortcut to everything, you get some stuff that costs quite a few credits in game, and cosmetically can't be found anywhere else, what else can u ask for?

If you didn't have money as you say, you should have bought the standard edition. I'm sure if you're tight in budget you can't afford to buy a load of cosmetic and slightly useful items for 20 dollars.

Edited by yomanaaiton

I disagree, you already have a slight edge in the game when most games give nothing but cosmetic stuff for preorder bonuses. It's good enough. You didn't buy a shortcut to everything, you get some stuff that costs quite a few credits in game, and cosmetically can't be found anywhere else, what else can u ask for?

If you didn't have money as you say, you should have bought the standard edition. I'm sure if you're tight in budget you can't afford to buy a load of cosmetic and slightly useful items for 20 dollars.

You did not read the post obviously. It isn't a complaint about that. The complaint is in large part, paying money for something we did not receive. Period. That is a valid complaint no matter what your personal opinion is.

Exactly. I mean, seriously. We're only talking about 20 bux. The digital items you get for that tiny sum is far superior to the digital "deluxe" items you get in most, if not all, other games.

You did not read the post obviously. It isn't a complaint about that. The complaint is in large part, paying money for something we did not receive. Period. That is a valid complaint no matter what your personal opinion is.

I never expected genuine "assistance" in battle from a fluff pet. Like other MMO's, the most it would be expected to do is maybe 1-point of damage.

All of this should have been looked at as vanity stuff.

I do understand the issue with the holo-camera. But, I'd still be happy with the purchase if they left it out.

I never expected genuine "assistance" in battle from a fluff pet. Like other MMO's, the most it would be expected to do is maybe 1-point of damage.

All of this should have been looked at as vanity stuff.

I do understand the issue with the holo-camera. But, I'd still be happy with the purchase if they left it out.

It isn't a pet, thats the complaint. It is an onuse item that works for 30 seconds or until you kill the mob. That is not a pet. There -are- vanity pets in game: the sandcrawler, the mouse droid, l2-p2 from beta. The training droid is not a pet as was advertised. That is the droid based complaint.

Edited by Hexplosive

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I'm pretty much a Bioware fanboy, but I sure do get pissed when I'm lied to via semantics.

Advertisement "You get to change the color of your bolts" (Shows Crystal)

Reality: Crystal is useless in the game, and is one ugly black/yellow color that is unchangeable.

Mount: Advertised as a digital/collector mount.

Reality: Give it crappy speed so it becomes obsolete making the mount worthless.

This, and the OP's post, the droid thing is NOTHING like what it was advertised.

And the mount is obsolete so soon but it looks soooooo good.

Also, I don't see why they couldn't have added a DE/CE crystal for every level, so you can keep it as you level.

Look at what rift did, they made their mount usable from level 1, they also made all mounts in rift AND wow, scale with training, so that no mount ever becomes obsolete and you can ride what you like best.

Overall I am disappointed in the item, but I trust bioware will make the right decisions here. Or at least I am hoping they will.

Nothing in the collectors or DE make me go "Ooooo! thats so neat, I wish I had that item!"

I'm not asking for I win buttons, just make the mount scale with training, make the pet an actual mini pet, and maybe add more crystals for each level and just make the cost to buy them scale as they increase.

I do not think any of this gives players with these bonus items an advantage. And would make them usefull and closer to what was advertised when I pre-orderd.

It's fun when people argue over semantics and trivial things.

The only thing that does not come as advertised is the droid... but everything is as the description implies.

Your fault for expecting some super-mega-awesome items everyone would be jealous of.

In about two months no one will give a ****, neither will you.

There's absolutely no reason to complain, in my opinion you got exactly what was advertised. And if you fell victim of false advertising, welcome to earth. I bet you also believed that the space combat is mindblowing like in the movies as it says on the site?

Earth to Hexplosive, do you copy dear?

Of course the marketers are going to make it sound like an incredible deal. If you fall for it, nobody but you to blame, and nobody owes you anything. The deluxe/collector's stuff are there for crazed fans and people with disposable income and for supporting the company extra.

Edited by yomanaaiton

I got it for the holodancer and holocam, cause yeah I am a odd ball.

But got sprint around the time I put my code in so didn't see the need to use it looks like my gut was right

But some of the items are nice at-least, but could have been a little better.

Edited by Talosred

I agree +rep to you.

BW should make the CE and deluxe version all the same for in game. CE's only difference should be that it has actual physical items where the deluxe has only the digital ones. After I redeemed my registration code they asked me If i wanted to pay 19.99 to upgrade. I almost said yes and am willing to even if they change the price to 29.99 I just want some of those CE digital features!

I bought the collector's edition solely for in game items, and i will most likely sell the physical stuff. If they allow digital deluxe people access to the CE store, i would like 100 dollars back.

What's your goal with this complaint, that they give you something better like Godmode?

Did you even read the post? Can you read? The complaint was entirely about vanity items and them not working as advertised. The OP never asked for something that would give an advantage over another player.

There's absolutely no reason to complain, in my opinion you got exactly what was advertised. And if you fell victim of false advertising, welcome to earth. I bet you also believed that the space combat is mindblowing like in the movies as it says on the site?

Earth to Hexplosive, do you copy dear?

Of course the marketers are going to make it sound like an incredible deal. If you fall for it, nobody but you to blame, and nobody owes you anything. The deluxe/collector's stuff are there for crazed fans and people with disposable income and for supporting the company extra.

...and you're clearly a jealous, petty little troll. Welcome to the internet, where angry people try to sound worldly, when all they really mean, is "for whatever reason I didn't buy it and am glad you're disappointed, because you did".

Edited by Fiachsidhe

Did you even read the post? Can you read? The complaint was entirely about vanity items and them not working as advertised. The OP never asked for something that would give an advantage over another player.

But they work as intended, only people always read more in text than they should.