BioWare you did the right thing :)

PalawaJoko

By holding back the ranked Warzones.

If there's something we players have experienced is that content should not be rushed and thrown out without care. Especially such an important aspect of PvP as ranked or rated matches must be polished and what you decided shows that you want it to work and I'm happy to see that you found something wrong with it and decided to make it better before releasing it. Seeing just how big 1.2 is, I knew there probably was something that needed a look at and this time it was the ranked Warzones.

For those of you who are angry because of resubbing just for a specific patch, I want to say that you should always wait for the final notes to come out before resubbing. It doesn't take long after the patch has actually been implemented to go click that subscription button.

I dont think it was completely thought out....

1. You vote a player AFK out and no back filling? What then you were winning now you have 7 people to play against 8? BAD idea

2. Someone DC's same as #1 BAD IDEA no back filling.

3. No 8 man unranked is kinda IMHO not cool, you should be able to queue 8v8 unranked, warmup games are GOOD. Ive never just jumped into anything ranked with a team. Even if I always play with that same team.

These are just 3 things that come to mind that I was really kinda bothered by.

Also support this move. Im currently on a server that was the heaviest populated at release, but one of the least populated now. If we have ranked wz without cross server queing, pvp on our server would be 5 teams vs eachother and the other pvp would die. Prio 1 = CROSS SERVER queing or server merges.

If there's something we players have experienced is that content should not be rushed and thrown out without care. Especially such an important aspect of PvP as ranked or rated matches must be polished and what you decided shows that you want it to work and I'm happy to see that you found something wrong with it and decided to make it better before releasing it. Seeing just how big 1.2 is, I knew there probably was something that needed a look at and this time it was the ranked Warzones.

For those of you who are angry because of resubbing just for a specific patch, I want to say that you should always wait for the final notes to come out before resubbing. It doesn't take long after the patch has actually been implemented to go click that subscription button.

I Agree completey with you it's better that the PVP content works when they do bring it out rather than a llum issue again. where they have to pull it because it dosn't work. 1.2 is far the largest patch for SWTOR todate and the level of content thay have provided so far has been great. my only gripe is that the news came so close to the deadline and not a week ago to say " sorry it's not what we want to release at this time as it's not working how we planed. and then do some more testing on that alone and get the 1.2 patch out sooner while people waited for the pvp content.

Prio 1 = CROSS SERVER queing or server merges.

Amen. Without cross-server queue, ranked are basicaly pointless. I know they wanted to gather some info before starting real ranked, but still IMO cross-server should be before anything with "ranked" in name;)

Like many, i'm desperate for rankings. However I support Bioware's decision on this, I don't want any update rushed and not fully tested, or implemented incorrectly. I long for cross server PVP however, but patience is my virtue. Well one of them. Edited by Mae_Skeffington

Its good that BW has learned to not rush content and that holding RWZs back to finish them off is great.

However when i read the patch notes i laughed so hard! Im an avid PvPer and im looking forward to RWZs but after everything that has happened with this game then to read that was just funny. BW has been promising RWZs since the announce of Patch 1.2 and now on the night before the patch when everyone is offline getting rdy for patch day they announce that it will not be in 1.2. If it was going to come to this then why even announce RWZs in the first place. I played WoW for 6 years and it had its share of bumps, but to promise a community major content on a certain day and then pull it the night of its release is kinda bogus. If it wasnt going to be released with 1.2 they would have known this for a little bit, you dont just figure it out as ur shutting down the servers.

Like i said its good they didnt rush it and put out a broken RWZ system. However they shouldn't promise and hype something up for a while and then just dump it. If you give the community a release date of some kind of content it should be out polished and ready to go by then. Test if for a month, 2 months or 3 months before you release it i really dont care. But before you say "Hey this patch is coming out on April 12th everyone get excited!!! YAY"... know that all the bugs are worked out and know without a doubt that u are releasing it on April 12th. That is my problem with all of this.

1.2 is kind of a big patch anyway with a ton of new content. I couldnt believe they were doing all that in one patch so its probably better RWZs are not in with this patch. Dont promise me something for over a month then ninja pull it while im asleep the night of patch...k thx!!! :eek:

Don't you find it funny, that all 1.2 ranked warzone threads have been moved to a **** thread somewhere with 250+ pages.

But not this. Nice censorship BW. Real nice.

Edited by SneiK

Amen. Without cross-server queue, ranked are basicaly pointless. I know they wanted to gather some info before starting real ranked, but still IMO cross-server should be before anything with "ranked" in name;)

Agree with this and OP.

Fill the servers with enough WZ to be ranking first off, let equally active guilds face each other. Wht is the point of ranking in empty servers or servers where organised premades have no opposition.

Good move by Bioware.

to announce it within hours of the patch ...is shady, they knew they were getting a lot of resubs for 1.2...so they got their money and got out. I mean, if you look at what they actually did, they took a game that already is in a free fall...and gave it an extra push down the stairs. And unless im wrong (which i might be someone please inform me here) Unless you leveled to 50 on the PTR u couldn't do RWZ's..and people leveled on the PTR (which im sure not a lot did) they planned the whole time to never release them with 1.2

And, unless im wrong, you dont run a game with that mindset.

It takes balls to do what Bioware just did. Most would release the product even if it wasn't up to spec at the last inspection. Bioware came to that conclusion and against what they knew would be the general response, went ahead and postponed it.

Why release something that will have to be fixed later.

The real question is, will it be ready 100% when they finally release it? If they release it and then have to do tweaks here and patches there for it, then the community can rightly say "You postponed it to give us this broken thing?"

My personal thought on this action brings me back to Final Fantasy XIV. Square Enix released that about 1.5 years to early. It was so bad, the game was free to play for that duration and even now the subscription is only about 66.6% of what it normally would be.

1.2 was a big change, against popular demand they did the right thing. I'll say it again, Bioware had balls.

Nobody resubbed just for the ranked wz. They are just saying that because they are butthurt and childish.

Support to OP.

Actually some of my guildies did resub just for rated warzones.

Do people really think the pve content of this game is actually good? Besides the class stories, the pve is atrocious.

Hopefully they implement cross-server queues with rated wzs .... the way it's suppose to be

Edited by Orangerascal

The decision is fine.

The timing, however, is shady. They had to know this was coming a lot earlier than when they announced it. It's not like they could honestly expect technical issues profound enough to merit a statement about "hoping" that this can be implemented prior to 1.3 would be resolved roughly 6 hours into the last day. There are people who were maintaining subs or re-subbing for this one item (no, I'm not one of them, I have a multi-month sub) and they should have known about it as soon as the BW devs knew about it.

no crost server BIOWARE DONT DO IT it will kill the community feeling we get now went i go in a wz i know i'm duking it out whit ppl from my server my team is made from players from my server the enemy is players from my server the is freaking sweet we dont need cross server wz cuz some servers are low on pop what we need is for all thos servers on light to be put in to 5 server and shut down the rest

There are plenty of threads supporting BW for not having ranked WZ's so why do you feel you need to have yet another one?

Their last minute decision may have been the best, given the situation. However, Bioware completely failed by not having more extensive testing of ranked warzones earlier. And this was because of the perplexing decision not to allow individual level 50's to transfer to the test server.

Say what you want about their endgame content, but BW has done a great job with the early and mid-level parts of the game. Yet, the way they have their test server set up, most of the playing by testers is on the part of the game that needs the LEAST testing, with relatively little testing on the end-game pvp content, for example.

Or if that was too complicated they could have just placed a new quest in the starting zone that awarded enough xp to get to level 50, and provided 1 million credits and a fleet pass as rewards.

Then people could have gotten right to testing end game PVP content. Of course, they could still level up if they wanted to test other changes to the game.

Bio-ware shut down all of thos light pop servers and put the players n the standards ones and call it a day then give as rate wz and let us quoe solo yes i say it let us quoe solo dont force team on us i want it to be more about me fighting ppl at my same skill level then me force to seat and look for 7 more ppl to be able to do it

Much love to OP :), good to hear a voice of reason in this forum.

thank you another person with common sense thats not afraid to say how it is :)

keep it up

and i totaly agree with your thread <3