1.2 PvP: Who else is excited about a ~250 hour grind?

Bubalobrown

OMG, if is easy to get you whine cos is easy. If takes times, you whine too. Is crazy.

I think they should give you the full new PVP set and how you have nothing else to do, just leave us in peace unsubbing until the next patch. Ill appreciate.

I got full BM gear and +70 valor rank (dunno if 74 or 75) and i did not grinding at all. Cos i hate the grinding. I got joining mainly WZs (not Ilum) just for fun. And even with the BM set, i just joined WZ too cos i like the PvP.

I dont care if the new set takes 50 or 1000000000 hours for completing. I dont care at all.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actualy not,

It's 78K wz with more something like 100 every 10min you play in wz, very very rare are those games when you have something to do for 15Min.

So (78000*10)/100 = 7800 mins in wz => 7800:60 = around max 130 Hours to get full hero from full bm.

So no doubt some nolifes will reach the full hero set in 10 days, and then will have fun for 2 weeks than leave... again...

I hope they won't let this like that for too long.

Edited by Sinaii

Ummm am i missing something here, does anyone know for certain an average player will only make 90 badges on average per match post 1.2?

Taking into consideration the following patch information

-The amount of Valor and Commendations awarded at the end of a Warzone is now based on your team's score, with a bonus for the winning team. Experience rewards are still based on the amount of time spent in the Warzone.

-New medals are now awarded to the winning team based on how quickly they win (up to 6 medals for the fastest victories).

-New medals are now awarded for offensive and defensive objective actions. There are now 6 offensive and 6 defensive medals awarded for performing Warzone-specific objective actions.

-The Warzone reward medal cap has been increased to 8.

-Rewards per medal earned have been rebalanced considering the new medals available.

Edited by Heraseth

I already have full battlemaster gear on my BH, full champion on my Tankasin, full champion on my marauder, full centurion on all my companions, full centurion on my sorc, and it all took much less time than to perhaps get 1 full set of war hero gear lol.

Overpriced war hero gear much, bioware ?

Im all for grinding gear (use to doing it in Aion), but at least in that game, I had a variety of options to choose from to get the currency (AP+medals) to buy the gear with. In this game, 4 warzones just aint gonna cut it (3 of which everyone has farmed 300 times over already). Zzzzz.

Just make war hero purchased by a decent amount of credits. Must be more enjoyment making credits than doing all those warzones all over again till my eyes bleed.

My 0.2

People also fail to realize that the 'mod' switching in 1.15 still exists in 1.2

So not only do you have your normal 247 hour grind for your 'set' but you have a grind for the crafted rated appearance, AND the additional other pieces from other classes that have the mods you want for your gear.

(And for people like me who like to gear companions that number doubles.)

you are very bad in maths....

90/15 min match=360 an hour

89225/360= ~62 hours

my 2 cents

Quoted so you can't change this.. EVER.

since you can reverse a division problem, and change it into a multiplication problem...

62h * 360cph = 22320 comms

Try it, but use a calculator ( protip: in Win 7/Vista click start, then start typing in calculator, select the application that comes up ) instead of an abacus this time.

how is PVP a grind if you like PVP?

unless you don't like PVP and you play simply for the gear, at which case you should be laughed at and have old smelly tomatoes thrown at your face

people will complain no matter what. "the 'grind' is too long." "it's too short now there is nothing to do because i have all the gear".... yada yada

PVP to PVP and get gear as a incentive not a reason

Edited by VoidSpectre

The game is a joke, simple as that.

If the promised transfers for us Aussies isnt here soon its /unsub for me.

The thought of playing Huttball over and over and freaking over again for months fills me with the need to kill something.

It ake hutball over and over and over yes i hate this same 3 damn warzones make me want to trow my pc out the window put hey i take huttball over the othere 2 **** i hate aldaran and voidstar voidstar an be the best wz in game if they put work on it put they went and easy the **** up for the slow ppl now you can be burning on fire and you can still some how open doors

I mean what they shool have done is went you the player die the one who Put the dot on some one the dot go away thes it put if you alife the dot stay sorry i know it have nothing to do whit this put thes 1 thing to that is making me want to never come back

People also fail to realize that the 'mod' switching in 1.15 still exists in 1.2

So not only do you have your normal 247 hour grind for your 'set' but you have a grind for the crafted rated appearance, AND the additional other pieces from other classes that have the mods you want for your gear.

(And for people like me who like to gear companions that number doubles.)

God dude you make me want to quit even faster oready cancel my sub put god

why did they went whit a damn grinding azz system like this dont get bioware at all

I have 2 valor 70+ chars. The Jedi got her first BM token after 25 Battlemaster bags, the new system is ok as theres no rnd factor to it.

You do not need the wh gear to stay competitive, the difference is minimal. If you want the look buy the crafted stuff.

all I care about is getting my black purple / black orange color crystal. /shrug

if WH gear is anything like BM gear, the stat differences are going to be meaningless. And the WH gear is ugly, so it`s not like I`d use that for looks, I`d rather use the beginner gear for every class, that looks nicer.

Wait, wait, somethings coming...oh no not really, thought this post gave me the runs.

Either way, who cares? I resubbed to pvp, 8man pvp will be fun, 4man pvp was a bad joke and I liked the old old valor gains compared to the 3k a match bunk. "Here you go, valor rank 52-73 in 3 weeks along with your entire BM set+ some extras!"

Fecal matter to that :| gimme gimme kiddies need to go die somewhere or better yet GO BACK TO WOW DAMNIT.

One of these days some company will come out with a purely nitch game I can enjoy for longer than 3months before content is exhausted and boring.

Actually I think SWTOR got exhausted and dull in like ~2months or so.

Next installment!!! "SWTOR: Legacy! Where getting your kids to play your account counts more than in WoW!" Yay!!

Next Installment!!! "SWTOR:Rated Pvp! Sorry we lied again, come back in 3months plz...but pay us for them now! :mad:"

Edited by MrScar

I'm a hardcore player and I'll most certainly be grinding this out. With that said it's going to ruin warzones in the future. Those who can get eight people to grind an entire set will be at the top when ranked warzones are finally put in.

The gear gap from the start of this game is back. The majority of people participating in warzones are about to be under-geared once again.

Oh and whoever decided it should be a 3:1 conversion should be fired. Get these stupid conversions out of this game now.

Maybe someone has brought this up already, but let me just say that dailies and weeklies also give commendations, and if they haven't changed the values, then it's 99 warzone comms and 99 ranked warzone comms (iirc). Don't really know if there are two dailies anymore, but that's still 8x99+(8x99/3) = 1056 ranked warzone commendations a week for completing quests, double that if there are still two dailies and weeklies. Edited by Boissi

How about you just enjoy the game ? This NEED for pwning noobs or winning is only doable if you have BiS gear ?

Meh, me and my friends, 4 in total, won 3/0 warzones naked but with our weapons. Probably best times ive had in last few years. We were actually laughing so bad irl that ive woke my family...

All you need is a different point of view. The game has a lot to offer. Why make it easier ? Make it harder and you will enjoy it more then you know!

you mean like turning it into a grief fest were the scrubs that sat in there underpants playing swtor 24/7 can just about 1 shot players that have a life because they will take 20x longer getting there gear ?

no ty go grief and haras someone else thanks

I wouldn't worry so much, come 1.3 update it will all change again just to keep you on your toe's.:)))

Moving the preverbial goal posts is good business and good business is good profit.

Edited by Riogha

I'm a hardcore player and I'll most certainly be grinding this out. With that said it's going to ruin warzones in the future. Those who can get eight people to grind an entire set will be at the top when ranked warzones are finally put in.

The gear gap from the start of this game is back. The majority of people participating in warzones are about to be under-geared once again.

Oh and whoever decided it should be a 3:1 conversion should be fired. Get these stupid conversions out of this game now.

you`d be surprised at how little of a stat increase WH gear is, adding the fact you can BUY the WH and crit craft it to allow an augment slot which is even better, toss your BM mods in until you can get the WH gear.

Do not forget on some servers people wait for 2 hours in que to do a regular WF. Now count in Games that take 30 Mins plus to que then it ends in 120 sec cause not enough people. WHooHOO i got 10 WF tokens hour and 120 sec time for 10 WF tokens. Edited by Molatova