The Fatman Server

Dakneiros

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's more like an hour actually.

Queue time has been at an hour for the past three hours. I have two other friends on Fatman who logged in at the hour intervals, so that is how I know. Server queues are problematic for game health, especially given that players are already up in arms about a number of other problems with the game (As always, admittedly).

BW made a statement, or at least a BW dev, on another game related periodical. The link can be found here:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1324496/swtor_bioware_reponds_to_criticism_server_merges_still_possible.html

That said, BW needs to post on THESE forums and they need to calm the community. Outrage is not good for the game. I like this game and want it to remain healthy. Staggering population issues like this are death knells for games.

can you blame people for wanting to play where most of the SWTOR population is located? I'm tempted to transfer my SW to Swiftsure since it's a heavy PVP server, but we can't do that yet. Server merges need to happen now.

Exactly.

I rerolled on The Fatman, my friends rerolled on Fatman, we're waiting in hour-long queues...and we couldn't be happier. Now we can group!

Exactly.

I rerolled on The Fatman, my friends rerolled on Fatman, we're waiting in hour-long queues...and we couldn't be happier. Now we can group!

You could do the same thing if you re-rolled on a server that wasnt overpopulated. Im not sure what your point is.

You could do the same thing if you re-rolled on a server that wasnt overpopulated. Im not sure what your point is.

......, how old r u?

u want them to re-roll on a ghost town server so they hardly find any HM OPs or pvp after they hit the cap level?

His point is very clear.

Edited by oakamp

......, how old r u?

u want them to re-roll on a ghost town server so they hardly find any HM OPs or pvp after they hit the cap level?

His point is very clearly.

I asked for clarification on what his point was. I did so in a polite manner. You responded with a veiled insult asking how old I am in your broken English.

tl;dr

Shut up.

The Fatman is the only server in the entire game that feels like it belongs in an MMORPG. I came from Gardens of Talla, where if you were lucky there might be 15 people in fleet and 3-4 people per planet.

We're getting there on Harbinger.

Last week there were several 10+ minute waits at peak.

I don't mind the wait. Means I have lots to log into.

Hubs develop in all games.

DAoC - Merlin and Guinevere. WoW - Bleeding Hollow (back in the day), Illidan. SWG - Eclipse.

It's unavoidable.

Edited by Blistrich

Better then waiting over 45 min for a WZ pop or spamming LFG for hours on end :(

not at all. youre in the game, and you can at least play it.

waiting in the queue for 45-60 minutes is awful. there is no reason for population caps in this game with all the instancing. either remove the pop caps, or lock fatman so we can actually play on our server

not at all. youre in the game, and you can at least play it.

waiting in the queue for 45-60 minutes is awful. there is no reason for population caps in this game with all the instancing. either remove the pop caps, or lock fatman so we can actually play on our server

So why don't you go play on Crevasse City then?

http://www.thesmugglersalliance.com/pictures/CrevasseCity.JPG

Would you rather have that?

So why don't you go play on Crevasse City then?

http://www.thesmugglersalliance.com/pictures/CrevasseCity.JPG

Would you rather have that?

i rolled on The Fatman day one of early access. Im not moving servers. All the people re-rolling on Fatman need to pick a different server, and repopulate that one.

you could probably bring a couple other servers up to heavy or full if people started rolling somewhere else.

fatman needs to be locked, or cap needs to be removed. simple as that

Better then waiting over 45 min for a WZ pop or spamming LFG for hours on end :(

Untrue! What would I be doing instead of spamming LFG or waiting for a WZ pop? I would be soloing. What do I do when waiting in the queue? NOT PLAY SWTOR! What's what.

:-)

People should start re-rolling on port nowhere. Tbh this whole fatman thing is kinda only adding to the problem. If its such a big deal to we as a community could fix it just need to get people to commit to other server.

The Harbinger has easily become the second super server on the North American side. Only The Fatman beats it. Some peak hours during the week have it at full but with no wait time. On the weekends I was waititng about 10 minutes to get in. Just earlier the fleet had to be split into two separate instances. The first one was full for awhile and the second nearly hit 100 at one point.

i rolled on The Fatman day one of early access. Im not moving servers. All the people re-rolling on Fatman need to pick a different server, and repopulate that one.

you could probably bring a couple other servers up to heavy or full if people started rolling somewhere else.

fatman needs to be locked, or cap needs to be removed. simple as that

And people don't want to take the chances on picking a server that will die and be forced to reroll again. I have a character that I made at early access on The Fatman and I don't play it. My server, Rubat Crystal, is actually growing quite well if anyone wants to roll on that one. Great community, perfectly balanced factions, and lots of PvP for a RP server.

I re rolled on the Fatman before the giant queues started probably about a month ago now. I'm staying.

However if server transfers happen, as much as I want to bring over my commando I am hoping they won't let people transfer to Fatman.

We just need to start populating another server or two.