Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why make pvp gear so easy to get and screw those that spent time actually earning it? You can buy cheap "Recruit" armor that has more expertise than champion gear did. Thanks for the big middle finger there guys.

Exactly. Those of us who PVP log in today with LESS than we had yesterday.

And 1.2 is supposed to be the "miracle patch"?

No one cares.

You cared enough to post...just sayin.

On topic though, the free pet & free month of gametime still isn't enough to make me even consider staying.

Here is but a few problems with PvP on live:

- Ranked WZs being pulled hours before patch goes live

- They left in the old PvP daily/weekly quests that require wins but further encouraged people to leave losing WZs.

- Utterly horrible "rewards" for staying in a losing match. Max of 40 comms for a loss in a 15-25 minute match? No thanks.

- The WH gear grind currently ingame is EVEN WORSE than the old battemaster grind.

I echo the notion of the above poster that they have managed to take the system backwards with these changes. They have quite literally learned nothing in this regard since launch.

I'll consider resubbing when they show me they are capable of developing and implementing an actual plan for endgame PvP.

Edited by Ghaleon

Unsubbed

Still dont care, all the peeps crying about ranked not being in and unsubbing and cutting there nose off to spite there face.

so good luck on what ever you do next as you have properly kicked yourselves in the head this time.

Edited by Shingara

Free month and Pet ? and still the hacks are in their element as nothin has been done about them.

You cant win and dont have afair chance those that cheat in PvP, so whats the ruddy point in playing a game when the cheaters have a green light too cheat at will.

ALSO: JUst did Voidstar 4 vs 8 Republic vs Republic, and that's fair as well i guess ??

Really past carin about free month and free pet. When the most ratonal pgaming buddy of mine quits a game cause of this mess, i kinda take notice and I mean she is one of the most level headed people I know and PvP'd with her from old WoW Arena to this nonsense.

BUT: At least I still have no urge to go back too WoW either.

Still dont care, all the peeps crying about ranked not being in and unsubbing and cutting there nose off to spite there face.

so good luck on what ever you do next as you have properly kicked yourselves in the head this time.

Actually if you bothered reading the dev tracker...Stephen Reid flat out says that you have gametime remaining on your account then you get both the pet and the gametime.

Although puling out the Warzones was not the brightest move - free month is a great idea to satisfy those who felt cheated. I'm sorry but rates warzones will come in less than a month and you have nothing to complain about anymore people.

Good move Bioware. And so far the patch rocks. I love the UI customization :)

Actually if you bothered reading the dev tracker...Stephen Reid flat out says that you have gametime remaining on your account then you get both the pet and the gametime.

love to know what your on about, but all the peeps that have unsubbed have shown is that they are really good at throwing the teddy, so what if we have to wait a bit for ranked as it wasnt in live anyhows you have lost nothing, litterally nothing not to mention even it had been in now it would still have been in pre season.

Although puling out the Warzones was not the brightest move - free month is a great idea to satisfy those who felt cheated. I'm sorry but rates warzones will come in less than a month and you have nothing to complain about anymore people.

Good move Bioware. And so far the patch rocks. I love the UI customization :)

Disagree. There is plenty to complain about. PvP and its "reward" system is a complete mess right now. That's not even counting the fact that the yanked Rated WZs hours before the patch launched.

Disagree. There is plenty to complain about. PvP and its "reward" system is a complete mess right now. That's not even counting the fact that the yanked Rated WZs hours before the patch launched.

Love this really do, so you want a broken system full of bugs ?

And peeps are unsubbing because they cant have a broken system. logic defies.

Edited by Shingara

love to know what your on about, but all the peeps that have unsubbed have shown is that they are really good at throwing the teddy, so what if we have to wait a bit for ranked as it wasnt in live anyhows you have lost nothing, litterally nothing not to mention even it had been in now it would still have been in pre season.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3870165#edit3870165

There you go stated plain as day.

still no idea what your on about, but keep crying about not being able to have A, a broken system and B, something that would have been in pre season anyhows.

Because those of us with common sense have the patience to wait till it works correctly.

Edited by Shingara

I'd pay to be a fly on the wall at Bioware today. >_>

I'd imagine the people in accounting have been screaming at management today about as much as we have.

If there was a showstopper with ranked warzones it SHOULD HAVE CAUSED THE WHOLE PATCH to be delayed!

Disagree. There is plenty to complain about.
You can complain all night long about things not being perfect but complaining about withdrawing rated warzones at last hour makes no sense anymore with a free month given to you.

You can complain all night long about things not being perfect but complaining about withdrawing rated warzones at last hour makes no sense anymore with a free month given to you.

Only if they are in the game within that month. And I doubt it. This debacle has lowered my respect for this Dev team nearly to the level of the people who designed the NGE and said "Brilliant!".

still no idea what your on about, but keep crying about not being able to have A, a broken system and B, something that would have been in pre season anyhows.

Because those of us with common sense have the patience to wait till it works correctly.

I realize you are just trying to start a fight but you've honestly missed the the entire point of my post. Here is the list I detailed earlier:

- They left in the old PvP daily/weekly quests that require wins but further encouraged people to leave losing WZs.

- Utterly horrible "rewards" for staying in a losing match. Max of 40 comms for a loss in a 15-25 minute match? No thanks.

- The WH gear grind currently ingame is EVEN WORSE than the old battemaster grind.

If you bothered to read it you would have noticed that the majority of the list contains problems with the CURRENT (meaning in the game right now) PvP system. It has nothing to do with Ranked WZs when the current PvP system is garbage.

Edited by Ghaleon

I realize you are just trying to start a fight but you've honestly missed the the entire point of my post. Here is the list I detailed earlier:

If you bothered to read it you would have noticed that the majority of the list contains problems with the CURRENT (meaning in the game right now) PvP system. It has nothing to do with Ranked WZs when the current PvP system is garbage.

Not trying to start a fight at all, but crying for a broken system is just daft. so to 1st point of it being pulled a few hours before launch, so what if they thought it would be ok and realised it wasnt i dont mind if they pull it 3 minuites before the patch as if its broken dont put it in and end of.

As to your other points, well that goes down to your mentality, if you go into a match and leave because you think your going to lose then you have the total wrong mentality for pvp. There are new pvp armour sets and if you have to work for them so what, do you want everything on a plate, do you want everything right now. tough.

Edited by Shingara

I love that people think that BW are doing us a favor.

We are paying customers, we have the right complain about a product that we are not happy with, we have the right to cancel our payments to a producer that (in our opinion) supply a sub-par product.

I will use the same example as I used earlier.

I subscribe to a cable company who gives me channel 1, 2 and 3 for €X per month.

After a few months, I am bored watching the same channels every day.

The cable provider then informs me that they will include channel 4 in my channel package, for the same price.

I think this is absolutely brilliant, and I think that channel four will be my favorite channel.

8 hours before the time when the cable company are supposed to give me channel four, they send out a message, saying that channel four might be included into my package in lets say a months time or so, they are not sure.

I will then of course cancel my subscription with said company as they no longer provide the service I am looking for, nor are they providing a service they indicated that they would when they were running commercials about their new channels they would give out to their paying customers.

I might return to the company in question if they include the channel that I am looking for, but I am not going to watch free re-runs just because it's free for a month.

Edited by Sengie

I love that people think that BW are doing us a favor.

So you think they arnt by not putting in a system they know is broken. so under your logic they would have been doing us a favour by putting in the broken system.

Edited by Shingara

If you can't wrap your mind around what's wrong with this current system then you are beyond help.

People do not want to be forced to play for 6+ hours a day to finish ONE pvp daily quest. The entire system in its current state actually encourages people to leave WZs in order to get 3 wins to finish their quests. Compound this with the fact that many servers have massive faction imbalances and miniscule populations making for ridiculous queue times and you have a recipe for disaster.

The kicker is that we complained for months about the Rank 60 Valor grind and they changed it only to implement an even worse grind for War Hero gear in the absence of Ranked WZs. It's fine to use the proverbial carrot on the stick, it's the nature of MMORPGs but to blatantly force people to play hours a day in order to keep up is not acceptable.

As we've been saying they actual took the PvP system and its accompanying rewards component backwards with this patch.

Regardless, I'm done participating in this argument with you as I'm not particularly interested in arguing with a brick wall.

Edited by Ghaleon