Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do. And you can substantiate it easily just by reading all the posts in this thread of people who have unsubbed because of this.

1.2 was supposed to be the miracle patch but it has turned out to be another failure to deliver by Bioware.

Yep. I was already pissed off at the removal of open PVP on Ilum. I was ready to unsub based on what they did with 1.15 when they moved EVERYTHING (effectively) to the warzones, because I am sick and tired of depending on whatever random idiot I get sent in with rather than fighting AS A TEAM with my friends (which you could do on Ilum).

I was willing to accept the changes with 1.2 since that problem was to be fixed in the ranked warzones as we could come in with our own group, on teamspeak, and fight for objectives instead of dealing with, as I said, random idiots.

With that gone everything left in 1.2 is basically fluff to me.

I wonder how many hundreds of more pages can be accumulated before BW responds..

They don't have the guts.

They'll just delete this thread before they will respond. You can't defend the indefensible so why try? Anything they say will just make people angrier at this point. The whole 1.2 patch should have been delayed UNTIL ranked warzones were ready for live.

They don't have the guts.

They'll just delete this thread before they will respond. You can't defend the indefensible so why try? Anything they say will just make people angrier at this point. The whole 1.2 patch should have been delayed UNTIL ranked warzones were ready for live.

Couldn't agree more.

Why they didn't just wait a couple weeks to announce 1.2's release, and avoid this humongous mess, is just beyond me..

Couldn't agree more.

Why they didn't just wait a couple weeks to announce 1.2's release, and avoid this humongous mess, is just beyond me..

Yep. Everyone would have accepted a delay as the price to pay for getting the whole thing. Bioware would have even deserved praise for it.

Instead they've done IRREPARABLE harm to their relationship with their PVP'ers that they may never be able to recover from. First deleting Ilum, then nerfing classes and Champion gear and now this final insult.

At this point they might as well CEASE development on ranked warzones and a "new" Ilum (if they are even working on them in the first place) because by the time they finish them (if ever) they won't have any PVP'ers left subscribing and they will just hack off their PVE players who will (rightly) be angry at them wasting time on stuff no one is left to use!

Couldn't agree more.

Hmmmmm, delay EVERYTHING a couple of weeks, especially when everyone is expecting it to be early April for the release or delay one part of a huge patch.. . . .

Think I will go with delay the one piece personally, get your head out of just one sliver of the game and enjoy the entire package that DID release today. Re-arrange your interface, practice on the new map, team up with your guild and play the new flash point and then worry about playing on a "Ranked" Warzone.

Edited by ShadowFated

Hmmmmm, delay EVERYTHING a couple of weeks, especially when everyone is expecting it to be early April for the release or delay one piece of a huge patch.. . . .

Think I will go with delay the one piece personally, get your head out of just one piece of the game and enjoy the entire package that DID release today.

Releasing this patch without the ranked warzones breaks a lot of the other stuff that is in it.

They were supposed to be there for you to earn war hero gear from. Which is still going in without a supporting system. They were part of the reason for the class changes/nerfs. They and the introduction of war hero gear were the reason for the removal of centurion gear and the degradation of champion gear to blue.

Ranked warzones were also a replacement for Ilum dailies/weeklies which have been removed from the game.

In other words releasing without them leaves a HUGE whole in the 1.2 patch, pretty much destroying it's value.

Man this thread has dropped off in frequency of posts...

Either everyone really DID unsub, or they are too busy having fun with the rest of 1.2.

I've canceled.

I think I'm going back to EVE. The latest update there looks pretty good and my old Alliance is re-conquering our old space...

Unbelievable.

Instead of acknowledging you fully understand what he's trying to say, you go the usual answer-less troll route and call grammar police over basically nothing.

You sir, need to spend more time cleaning your cave and less time on the surface.

I lol'd irl.

:D

Heh. Yeah, because a company who is using a bait and switch scheme advertises it like that...

So that's a big fat no then. You have absolutely no evidence at all, and cannot back up your statements with any actual facts.

Run along.

So that's a big fat no then. You have absolutely no evidence at all, and cannot back up your statements with any actual facts.

Run along.

They lied to the people who actually played the game and resubbed just to get ready for ranked wz's.10 Days ago they posted a link that is no longer available detailing the PVP system in 1.2. The "bait and switch" is a press release a few hours before patch saying it won't include, at least in my case, the portion I was most looking forward to. You can't say they didn't do us dirty, and if you do, you either work for them or are a troll.

Wow....310 posts and climbing lol.

I for one will not be involved in ranked WZs at least for the very near future so I am not directly impacted BUT-

This is akin to ordering a dish that takes a long time to prepare and have the server come back to you 30 minutes later to tell you they don't have what you ordered and are out indefinitely.

Translation: Not good for biz NO MATTER what the reason.

No, what we have is a development team who couldn't be upfront with their community.

Which part of the developer's post linked to this discussion has you confused? I thought it was pretty clear why they didn't release the content: it didn't work.

The part that gets me upset, and every other resubber, is how they handled the situation the way they did.

By explaining it to the community. Yeah. Terrible way to behave.

Do you really believe it was unintentional to wait until the last minute before announcing this?

Actually yes - I work in the software and event/promotion industry. And I can tell you that I have worked on a lot of public-facing projects that have been down to the wire regarding meeting deadlines. I've personally managed projects where features have had to be cut at the last minute after agonising for hours and trying to get something fixed.

Do you actually think developers enjoy starting another 300 page thread full of moaning and whinging? Of course not. People work in the gaming industry largely because they like doing what they do. It's not some ridiculous corporate plot to rob a few kids of $15.

So yes I can quite believe that they finally had to admit that they weren't going to get it working well enough to release, and so decided to remove one (small) item from the patch.

Do you honesly think the guys working at Bioware are sitting in a darkened room cackling and rubbing their hands together at their fiendish plan? I think reality is in a galaxy far far away from you.

I have no problems with waiting for the content, it's leading the community on to believe the content is there until the very last possible second.

I'd imagine over 50% of the resubbs were because of the PvP content. Hell, most people I know resubbed solely because of it.

You can imagine anything you like. I imagine 0.001% resubbed because of the PVP content. There you go - I can make stuff up too!

Does any one else feel like they are trying to hold on to subscribers by stretching content out on patch updates? I mean I love the different story lines but not to much at 50 besides dailys

That is the impression I was left with from the last few patches and testing 1.2 on PTS. It is as if someone decided the game needed more 'grind' to keep people subbed.

I think that approach only works in Korean MMO markets.

I un-subbed prior to this whole debacle, the game wasn't headed in a fun direction in my opinion. It's a shame, I really had a great time from early access until recently.

Edited by Vishuz

Guys it's not like BW is ENJOYING this.

The entire reason for 1.2's hype was BECAUSE of PvP and now look...

There's a reason the PTS servers exist - this is the reason.

If almost every single person who tried the rated WZs believed they were bugged, imbalanced and unfair: Why release it? So you guys can complain about that too?

And VERY FEW people actually got to test it, with no 'copy character to PTS' functionality they were never going to generate enough feedback in a timely manner.

I hope they learned a big expensive lesson from this.

Which part of the developer's post linked to this discussion has you confused? I thought it was pretty clear why they didn't release the content: it didn't work.
Yeah, we get that it didn't work. They've yet to say why it didn't work, what was wrong with it, how long it will take to get fixed, etc. And no, I'm sorry, "sometime before 1.3" is not an answer.

By explaining it to the community. Yeah. Terrible way to behave.
They haven't explained anything to us.

Actually yes - I work in the software and event/promotion industry. And I can tell you that I have worked on a lot of public-facing projects that have been down to the wire regarding meeting deadlines. I've personally managed projects where features have had to be cut at the last minute after agonising for hours and trying to get something fixed.
Even if I took your word for it, so what? I'm a graphic designer. If I told a client that their project would be done today, and then called them up at 2am and told them that it would only be HALF done today, after they had already paid me for it, how do you think they'd react?

Do you actually think developers enjoy starting another 300 page thread full of moaning and whinging? Of course not. People work in the gaming industry largely because they like doing what they do. It's not some ridiculous corporate plot to rob a few kids of $15.
When you say something is going to be in a patch that you KNOW will cause a lot of people to resubscribe, and then retract said content 12 hours before the patch arrives, after a numerous amount of people have already paid, actually it is a plot to grab a bunch of money.

So yes I can quite believe that they finally had to admit that they weren't going to get it working well enough to release, and so decided to remove one (small) item from the patch.
Just because it's small to you, doesn't mean it's small. Not to mention that this whole thing isn't something that could have been decided at the last minute and implemented. Look at everything they had to do because of it. There's no way this was a last minute decision.

Do you honesly think the guys working at Bioware are sitting in a darkened room cackling and rubbing their hands together at their fiendish plan? I think reality is in a galaxy far far away from you.

You can imagine anything you like. I imagine 0.001% resubbed because of the PVP content. There you go - I can make stuff up too!

You'd be wrong. 50+ of my guild resubbed because of Rated WZ's. And I know that we are not an anomaly. Get your head out of Bioware's backside and quit being a fanboy.

I've read through the entire thread (mostly), and I've discovered something amsuing.

Most of the posts are to the effect of: I'm unsubbing/I'm not unsubbing but I'm really angry.

A few threads per track are: "STOP WHINING GOSH ARE YOU ENTITLED".

I unsubbed. Tis piss poor business practice, and it IS a bait and switch.

It hurts too write after being excited for so long, its appears members of the guoild i am in have left game, or leaving and I am gutted utterly utted,. Just did Voidstar 4 v 8 Rep vs rep. Need i say anymore ?

Oh ! And the cheats are stlll cheating and hacking their way through PvP.

Back to lotro for me....

:-( not only the opvp is gone(not that it was well done but is the only thing we had) but now also they do NOT put the ranking system that is the ONLY thing that makes warzones a bit of fun to play.. :-/ I have to agree that announcing this shortly before the release is not very fair... not saying they are doing it to screw people over or not but we all have to admit is not very nice.. the pvp community is very VERY looking forward for the "secret world" MMO and GW2 untill SWTOR can get this thing straight with OPVP/RVR/PVP .... I take SWTOR anytime because I like the LORE but I do like to have fun and with out RVR/OPVP kind of sucks but sucks more with out ranking on warzones.. warzones are like instanced sport games so with out ranking whats the point? sport with no ranking?