Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

so what that the rated warzones aren't going live the regular ones don't work anyway. You log in and die once and can't get back to the battle. can't say that rated ones will work any better if you can't play the regular ones. (and I have toons on several servers cause I want to play warzones and none of them work right)

I also love the fact that I couldn't play all day because I had to down load an 8 gig "update" just to have to sit through a 12 gig download bout an hour and a half later!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing how many Bioware emplyees arent expert programmers, project managers and staticians. Other wise Ranked Warzones would be here with 1.2.

The point is, you're all crying consumers with little to no patience. It's not like they're not going to bring out rated warzones. I think the game's great, it's fun, and there's a lot to do. I can wait for rated warzones. But many of you entitled children (which I assume are < 13 years of age) expect everything at lightspeed.

Has anyone considered that maybe the rwz team was working up unitl the annoucement today trying to get the content into a releaseable state, and put off the final decision until the last minute?

Nope, not really... because there is no way they could take out a major part of a patch in less than a full day... since 1 mistake potentially starts deleting characters and whatnot, they have had probably 2-3 days, if not more, of internal testing to make sure that taking the rated warzone code out wouldn't break the game.

Bottom line, the dev process here is still stuck in "unreleased" mode where teams are working in their own little private internal servers that are builds and builds ahead of what is on PTS... They've said that they have 2 or 3 (or more) builds beyond what is on PTS and Live in internal testing. For all we know, they're all building and testing the next iteration of solo content (level 50-60 stuff) that may or may not be released this year...

This is a total joke, bioware is serisouly becoming the worst gaming company to date.

I mean first they pull the whole mass effect 3 crap, they don't fix cheating, they make ROFL open world pvp, and they bait us for months with teaser trailers touting ranked pvp to remove it the day they release the patch.....

Next time you want to let down a large portion of the community, do so well before the content was supposed to come out. This is what happens when you start testing ranked wz's 6 days after you first said 1.2 would become live. You said late march for 1.2 then re*****d on that which is fine but WOW. To remove such an important and anticipated part of the patch less than 24 hours before it is released is unheard of and insulting. The only way to I see to fix what you just did is to provide free play time and personally apologize to all of us who you just took advantage of. I feel personally victimized like never before. How you handled this situation will come back to bite you and all the comments will show you that

I don't mind that BW is holding off on one particular feature as they believe it still needs work.

I've seen games roll out incomplete/broken stuff before and that is much more of a mess than holding off until they feel it is polished.

One concern I do have is in regards to this:

"The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only and from there we'll look at next steps as Preseason progresses."

That's going affect a majority of players in the wrong way.....As most people are queuing SOLO, and doing it this way will negatively affect them. You want to roll it out for the majority before you do so for a minority of players. I guess you'd call it an envy thing as most will not have a "regular group".

Hope this helps.

-Dein

The point is, you're all crying consumers with little to no patience. It's not like they're not going to bring out rated warzones. I think the game's great, it's fun, and there's a lot to do. I can wait for rated warzones. But many of you entitled children (which I assume are < 13 years of age) expect everything at lightspeed.

No we just expect things to arrive within a month of when we are originally told they will be out. If i said i am going to give you candy in march and you paid me 15 dollars under the assumption that you would get the candy. Than I didnt give you candy til late april or May and again asked you for 15 dollars. You could hold me liable in court, do this to hundred of thousands and its a class action lawsuit. Simple as that.

Edited by Tipkaee

Hardly lightspeed when they announced ranked warzones at their guild summit which i may remind you was a month ago. Not like they started developing it last week.

I personally think it's a nice change of pace for a game company (especially the Lead Designer) to personally apologize for things not coming out as scheduled. With that said, I also think it's nice that something is NOT going to be released that's all buggy.

Sure, it's taking longer to put out, but that's because they want it to work right from launch, onward.

Good on ya SWTOR Game Designers.

Well the promise of ranked WZs with 1.2 kept people in the game for a good 2 months +

Ranked WZs were a huge deal for PvPers and I think its ok to blow off some steam / express our dissapointment

We were really looking forward to them with 1.2

I actually think it is important to let BW know how we feel about the way they handled the situation.

lawl u think they read every post ?

i am not a fan of rated pvp for many reasons, one of them being, this game is great. i love a good story.. i dont play this game to pvp. i like that it is available, but rated warzone not coming out in this patch isnt a gamebreaker unless you are a spoiled crybaby that should be slapped like a whiny girl. There are plenty of pvp games. they arent catering to your pvpness. lol.. too bad, so sad, your dad.

Man you guys just waste ppls time and ripped ppl off. What a bunch of hype. So how many people when and grinded warzone after warzone after warzone got get warhero and battlemaster for those who weren't there. So that they can get gear to compete. Hours have been spent in hutt ball over and over and over. So they can compete for you new pvp system. Because you clearly failed with your open pvp world.

Now you waste everyones time and expect the pvp players to be happy about your new legacy pve fluff. It is clear that you really don't care about your pvp community and sub holders.

thanks guys !

Hope dev's get a little bonus for 1.2 since its such a great start.

i dont car about that but does that mean no new gear?

no they mentioned that they added the new/alternative method to gear for war hero :)

on side note -> my competitive nature was saved, hope i wont have to consider ranked pvp till after my exams lol

still excited about new patch, really want to see new crafting and legacy !!! my artifice was useless so far (except rakata relics which are bound anyway -_-) so i am hopping for huge improvements here :D and sending bound stuff cross legacy :D

Honestly, it seems only logical.

It was always a bit perplexing that they were planning to introduce ranking AND a bunch of fundamental class rebalances at the same time, without any time to really tweak everything.

For 3 months since launch all balance changes were done with a scalpel and then they went "hey guys here's ranked WZ and oh we're drastically reworking how 6 out of 8 ACs play".

Lol wut?

You don't do that. I'm kinda happy BW realized this. Atleast I'd like tho thing that is what happened lol.

Edited by aeterno

I understand if it isn't working and has to be delayed. I would rather it work properly BUT it's still EVERY SINGLE BIT Bioware's fault and extremely lacking of what is supposed to be a very good gaming company.

What did they think was going to happen when they have such small numbers of testers to test it? They should have allowed anyone that wanted to copy characters to test center. I know I would have tested it.

Also the declining player population needs to be addressed and I can see how this would have an effect on 2 separate wz Q's with less populated servers. Again though this is something that a major company should have been smart enough to anticipate better and have a plan of action in case of.

I mean you all are working on stuff right? Yes I will be unsubbing to show how I am not satisfied with the way they are handling situations.

I agree with the first half of your post, but you lost me on paragraph 3. They have already stated that they are working on Character Transfers, and that first priority for those will be the Aussies (in other words, the Aussies are our Beta tester for CTS). Until that happens level an Alt on a more populated server or deal with lower pop servers. I would rather wait till it's ready then lose my Legacy on Anchorhead completely.

Hey sonny, when I pay for a game, I expect it to work and I expect carrots that are dangled in front of me to become available on the date that they were promised.

Edited by Arzhanin
Insulting others