Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closed (WZ) and Open (Ilum) PvP make up the two halves to a PvP system. Ilum is a wasteland, and WZ are struggling. So it is less than half decent.

I think saying WZ are struggling is anecdotal. You can say they are, but on my server, The Corsair, a medium load server, I play Huttball maybe 3/10 times. It's a fairly robust PVP environment. So my experience is much more satisfying.

Cancelled.

Bioware – you are no longer the company that many of us have come to regard as one of the better developers in gaming but since the release of DA2 – better known as the Kirkwall Chronicles where recycling is not only good for the environment but great in video games, and this was only one of the many problems plaguing that cash grab of a game you released.

We then receive a mediocre MMO missing many features found in other mmos (too many to list), countless bugs, rampant hacks, broken content, and the list goes on but hey then you released Mass Effect 3 and utterly pissed off a large part of your player base and on top of that you have not yet corrected a Multi-Player bug that has been there since beta where players have lost all their unlockables. Some of which people purchases with real cash, and have had 0 communication on when to expect re-imbursement of lost items or bioware points. And now we have another fiasco from the same company who can’t even set up a proper PTS server or take the time to address their customers regarding these massive changes and the justification behind them while buffing others.

Best of Luck BioFail.

Edited by Serpieri

History already proves this wrong. But I digress.

I already knew that most people anymore can't see the nose in front of their faces, much less make an accurate projection of events.

*shrugs*

What history. No game has ever removed PvP.

You just know nothing about game design or computer programming in general. This and similar arguments are just a reflexion of that. It is the reason why these types of words are hollow and fall on deaf ears.

What you are failing to understand is that there is no black and white rule to releases and launches. Know this though, no program releases bug free and very few programs get through a beta without features removed or held back. This is not limited to gaming and is controlled by our current level of technology.

Fair enough, but I am Medical Resident who has to deal with the "current level of technology" in my field, and any deficits in that technology is taken into account prior to implementation. For example, in a surgery setting let's say there are back up x-rays, back up cauterizers, back up light fixtures, back up rooms. All possibilities are accounted for so that an hour before the surgery we don't go "hey sorry, our X-ray is broken, come back tomorrow"

Your argument was that if you could sue software developers for false advertising or bait and switch, that ALL (your word) ALL software developers would leave the U.S. That was your argument, go back and look it up.

Fact- You can sue software developers for both of those things, people have done so sucessfully

Fact- There are still software developers in the U.S.

Fact- You were wrong.

I said "In this case". This is not, in fact, false advertizement nor bait and switching. "This" being them pulling out the RWZ. I'm not responsible for your reading comprehension.

Everything is subject to change, including your ability to play the game at all. You acknowledge that when you hit the "I have read and understood the EULA and ToS". The company explicitly declares that every single thing about the product is subject to change at their leisure, which you agree to.

Cancelled.

Bioware – you are no longer the company that many of us have come to regard as one of the better developers in gaming but since the release of DA2 – better known as the Kirkwall Chronicles where recycling is not only good for the environment but great in video games, and this was only one of the many problems plaguing that cash grab of a game you released.

We then receive a mediocre MMO missing many features found in other mmos (too many to list), countless bugs, rampant hacks, broken content, and the list goes on but hey then you released Mass Effect 3 and utterly pissed off a large part of your player base and on top of that you have not yet corrected a Multi-Player bug that has been there since beta where players have lost all their unlockables. Some of which people purchases with real cash, and have had 0 communication on when to expect re-imbursement of lost items or bioware points. And now we have another fiasco from the same company who can’t even set up a proper PTS server or take the time to address their customers regarding these massive changes and the justification behind.

Best of Luck BioFail.

So you're pissed at Bioware for releasing Buggy crap in the past, So you want them to release buggy crap now with Swtor, or you're going to cancel?

Can't agree with you, unless you played the exact same build twice making the exact same choices each time, but whatevs.

You wouldn't tell a WoW player to roll 3 of the same class and spec them differently as a way to "see all the content" and that's why it doesn't fly here

At least WoW lets you pick what zone you want to level in, SWTOR is linear 100%, Empire ALWAYS goes home planet->Drummand Kaas->Balmorra->Nar Shadda and so on

It's a joke

Your apologizes are empty. I'd unsubscribe, but I don't want to inconvenience myself when I resubscribe. Enjoy the money you're making off me, you certainly don't deserve it. The thing I hate the most is why wont you merge servers? You think I want to be on a server that's dead? You're killing guilds with how dead these servers are. Guilds are the only reason to play games like this... It's so hard trying to maintain a guild on a dead server.

Idc when you release your update because I no longer care about your game, until you do something useful, like character transfer or server merging.

More like 4, as classes are mirrored on each faction. Why do the exact same class for like 10% new quests?

No still eight, while classes are mirrored, advanced classes aren't.

A maruder isn't a guardian.

A shadow isn't an inquisitor.

A vanguard isn't a mercenary.

A scoundrel isn't a Sniper.

However a Gunslinger is a Sniper.

Listen, if I went to work, and I had been working on this project for 2 months, I'd been hyping my clients about it - and I showed up 5 hours before they were expecting to get their goods, and say "Sorry, I totally lied, what I said I would give you I'm not going to give you, because I screwed it up." Frankly, I would get fired. Stop sucking up to bioware. They screwed up, and if you cant even accept that they screwed up, you are living in candy land.

Them screwing up != me quitting, but come on fanboys, this is a screw up.

Bioware does realises that the following things, if squeezed in quickly, would nullify a good 80% of this threads angry? It realy wouldent be too hard for them to impliment, considering its allready there:

The ability to que as an 8man group

The ability for a non-ops group to que together, finish the BG together, and still be in a group together when they exit ouf of the WZ

I mean, they've allready gone the extra mile and put in a workaround for the new gear (another big hint this had been planned for over a week, Mr Medic, heh) they can spend a few hours ensuring the above is put in.

I think saying WZ are struggling is anecdotal. You can say they are, but on my server, The Corsair, a medium load server, I play Huttball maybe 3/10 times. It's a fairly robust PVP environment. So my experience is much more satisfying.

True, but your evidence is also anecdotal.

Also, the fact that they are failing to improve their closed pvp system by implementing Rateds docks against that half of the system. So like I said -- less than half decent :cool:

Fair enough, but I am Medical Resident who has to deal with the "current level of technology" in my field, and any deficits in that technology is taken into account prior to implementation. For example, in a surgery setting let's say there are back up x-rays, back up cauterizers, back up light fixtures, back up rooms. All possibilities are accounted for so that an hour before the surgery we don't go "hey sorry, our X-ray is broken, come back tomorrow"

Generally speaking, hospitals have existed for a long time and are somewhat uniform in operations. You can anticipate problems. BW couldn't have anticipated what would happen with TOR post launch because you're putting life into a closed system. You're generating a culture from scratch which is difficult to project for, especially when they marketed so heavily toward non-MMO gamers.

Cancelled.

We then receive a mediocre MMO missing many features found in other mmos (too many to list), countless bugs, rampant hacks, broken content, and the list goes on but hey then you released Mass Effect 3 and utterly pissed off a large part of your player base and on top of that you have not yet corrected a Multi-Player bug that has been there since beta where players have lost all their unlockables. Some of which people purchases with real cash, and have had 0 communication on when to expect re-imbursement of lost items or bioware points. And now we have another fiasco from the same company who can’t even set up a proper PTS server or take the time to address their customers regarding these massive changes and the justification behind them while buffing others.

Best of Luck BioFail.

See ya. Can I have your stuff?

We should play a game. Every time BW doesn't follow through on a 'promise' (i put it in quotes cause obviously some people don't think they promised anything)....or makes a bad balance decision...just basically screws up...we should all take a shot!

Ill tell you one thing, we'll all get drunk pretty quickly and end up having a great time rather than bickering with each other.

Tell you what, first shot is on me! I pinky sw...no wait...i BIOWARE swear!

Edited by farfulnugen

Bioware does realises that the following things, if squeezed in quickly, would nullify a good 80% of this threads angry? It realy wouldent be too hard for them to impliment, considering its allready there:

The ability to que as an 8man group

The ability for a non-ops group to que together, finish the BG together, and still be in a group together when they exit ouf of the WZ

I mean, they've allready gone the extra mile and put in a workaround for the new gear (another big hint this had been planned for over a week, Mr Medic, heh) they can spend a few hours ensuring the above is put in.

They certainly wouldn't have a thread that's 155 pages long within the first few hours after that post.