When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

Standard MMO procedure from what I have seen is one free transfer per account, and then a cost for each following charge that increases upon each transfer.

However, since this is a subscription based model, and that is standard on F2P, that should mean that transfers should be free, or possibly be free the first time, then cost an increasing sum of in game credits. The service should be included in the subscription payment.

You had to pay for UO, I don't think that you even got a free one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be gods honest in absolutly fine with my little community.........

to quote a friend who was in "the tomb of freedon nadd" server "its great man there was 300 in fleet and 350 in korriban, and like 200 in drummond kass"

super great to socialize n all that but there would be naff all levelin going on the mobs would be all dead and respawn times. take a number pal theres a queue a mile long.

nahh im happy in my Rp-pvp just change the name lord calypho aint cool and gief us chat bubbles too and ice cream id like ice cream......... n a flake, with fizzy pop, or a hot choclate:)

you kiddin' me? i'll reroll a toon on that server if this is true... can't stand to see max. 40 players on fleet at peak times, 70% of them being lower than 50, and the rest not being able to make more than 1 FP group...

Last night, at 7 pm, for NA, about 60% of the servers were Light, and 39% Standard, and Fatman (overloaded), then by about 830 pm it was 40% light, 59% standard, and fatman.

My server, Naddist Rebels, was Standard. What does that mean? It means 15 people on Belsavis. Fifteen. Woot. I saw noone in the base. I saw no one in two of the questing areas. Open world pvp? Cannot exist when you cant even locate people in your own faction in the major bases. Four man groups? Good luck with that. I did see two people trying to get one going. Not the typical "LFG X", LFM X, LF1M. No. More like "anyone want to do X?" ... "Anyone?"... silence. No, BW there is no problem. "Standard" means no open pvp, no four man groups, you are lucky if you can get a two man. Enjoy the single player plus BF experience. I did get to do Huttball again. Wow.

As I noted before, the designation "Standard" is for a population that is below "standard" as in nearly every other MMO. The idea that 15 people in the entire region/planet is what they are aiming for shows the contempt in which they hold their own technology.

Hey, tomorrow I get to create my character in Tera.

Edited by Drunkenpig

Iv'e noticed there are only one or two major servers in america to play on and they have about 5 times as many people in every zone as compared to the majority of the other servers. One is the pvp server fatman and the other is a pve server, the point im tryin to make is that without a decent amount of players on each of the severs all but the most die-hard players will abandon the game or switch to fatman, which has already happend.

I love the content so far i mean it has some small issues such as the widely known strategical problems of Illum but thats to be expected. Bioware has done a great job of working to meet fans and customers halfway when it comes to the design of tor and thats great, the updates have been great also.

The Problem is sever population. We Need, Need, Need server merges. I cant convince new players to play a MMO that no one else is playing. I barely play now and i think its one of the greatest games ive ever played. We have a population but everyones so far spread out you cant tell if we're TOR or Galaxies with so few people on the servers.

When i buy a game i invest in the game and i invest in the company because im investing my time. I want this game to succeed, but you cant be a successfull MMO without a steady player base. You need to at least combine the servers with the hardcore players together so we appear successfull and appealing to new and old players who left because of population issues. It's an MMO there should always be a decent population active, or feel that way.

Quite simply put to make this as succinct as possible:

Low server populations will result in more people quitting the game than any other currently available variable. Server mergers, cross server warzones or some way of repopulating servers have to be the number 1, biggest priority for SWTOR at this time.

quite simply put to make this as succinct as possible:

Low server populations will result in more people quitting the game than any other currently available variable. Server mergers, cross server warzones or some way of repopulating servers have to be the number 1, biggest priority for swtor at this time.

agreed!!

If the player community doesnt focus on this problem immediately and bring it to the forefront of Bioware's attention there will be either no community to enjoy the content or TOR will become an MMO of two or three servers and if that was gonna be the case you should have just made it into a console MMO and you would have had a steady player base over Xbox live. Please Fix this issue before the ranked warzones. this is hands down #1 ISSUE

There are over 5000 post on this issue and still no response. i think it safe to say this game is dead. SWTOR was a good game with a awesome premise, but BW let it die for content sake. It was a good go at it but it looks like SW MMO #2 is dead or at the very least on it's death bed

Does anyone else find the fact that the overfull server is named Fatman amusing?

And to the person who said to reroll Fatman.. I already have. That doesn't mean I like the solution, it just means I'm choosing the best alternative to me.

I'd rather wait 30 minutes in queue to play a Star Wars themed ****** MMO, than play a Star Wars themed ****** single player game with lots of replayability with no wait.....

James Ohlen , specifically answered the server merge question this week at PAX EAST. You can see it on Darth Hater.

NO.

The population is healthy.

The End.

James Ohlen is also in denial and has EA's stockholders with a firing button with his name on it. But we can wait until The Fatman swells before we deal with this issue

I'd like some server merges to help pops grow out, so each server has a good load during peaks.

I don't want a cross realm lfg ever, even if it means I can't play at midnight, because once that happens there is no accountability, might as well just start raging now at people then.

There are over 5000 post on this issue and still no response. i think it safe to say this game is dead. SWTOR was a good game with a awesome premise, but BW let it die for content sake. It was a good go at it but it looks like SW MMO #2 is dead or at the very least on it's death bed

ya, BW just ignore those useful voice,

i used to be hate fantasy MMO,

but now , after EA so disappoint us science ME3 ,swtor,

i decide to care about GW2.

James Ohlen is also in denial and has EA's stockholders with a firing button with his name on it. But we can wait until The Fatman swells before we deal with this issue

But , but he says the population is healthy , on all the servers , as no merges are needed , so , you must be mistaken. He says so , they are not merging , because populations are healthy.

He says so.

As I said, expect to play with 15 people in the entire world.

That is "standard" population level.

Or hang out in fleet waiting to do hutball for the 500th time.

It is too bad, this game had a lot going for it.

But with the population levels they have, half the game is not accessible (4 mans, open world PvP) to anyone not on Fatman.

Denial is a sad thing to witness.

Really fed up now, I have two lvl 50's and several 20/30's on the EU server Uthar wyn. hardly anyone is ever online for over 6 weeks now, not enough char's online even to do a WZ, really depressed with this and fed up, have now gone to another server which has a standard population at best. but have to start again.................NO FUN !!

You are definately going to lose a lot of people from the game if we cant have a server merge or transfer soon

Please make this the next thing you guys sort out

You skipped over the fact that people can't find groups for ops, warzones Q's taking forever and a dead GTN with nobody to buy, sell or trade goods.

All the above mentioned things have nothing to do with joining a winning side, they have to do with experiencing all the sides of the game the way people want to. I could go on and on and explain all the situations and experiences but something tells me after reading your post it would be a waste of time.

Run some missions and crit a clue.

IMHO, a "healthy" population is about 100-200 ppl on the fleet during prime time (or on sundays, which appears to be the most busy day based on my observations). Lower than that and it starts getting hard to do certain things. Drop below 50 and the whole thing is heading to crash and burn.

Based on that, almost all the low pops on a Sunday evening should be merged togetter.

I think a lot of people are missing the point...

You're playing a game advertised as an MMO (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE).

Having a few other people in the same zone as you that you never see, while you grind it out vs. random AI controlled mobs sounds more like a single player game to me.

If those of you soooo against server merges wish to play this kind of game, I know of several I can recommend on PC and Console.

For those that would actually like to see some interaction with other humans, and also be able to form a group to run flashpoints, warzones etc... Server merging is most definitely the way to go.

I didn't subscribe to a single player RPG... I subscribed to an MMO, so can we focus on creating a community instead of watching it die off?

I dont care if they merge servers or allow transfers as long as they actually do something. I am fed up of being on a server where at peak time no planet has more than 15 players and the fleet may stretch to 20 on a good night.

I just want to play the toons that I have got to 50 on a server where there is life.

Love

Ez

Server merges are a necessary evil at this point. Ohlen is either a liar, or completely ignorant regarding the state of the gameservers.

They need fewer, more robust and powerful servers that can handle higher player populations rather than many near-empty servers.

The game is empty, entire planets are ghost towns, hubs like faction space stations are down to 20 or less players in a lot of servers.

There is no point in paying a monthly sub to play an MMO that is empty.

James Ohlen is as out of touch with the reality of his game as Paul Barnett was with Warhammer Online. And look how things turned out for WAR.

Edited by theskurGe

I think a lot of people are missing the point...

You're playing a game advertised as an MMO (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE).

Having a few other people in the same zone as you that you never see, while you grind it out vs. random AI controlled mobs sounds more like a single player game to me.

If those of you soooo against server merges wish to play this kind of game, I know of several I can recommend on PC and Console.

For those that would actually like to see some interaction with other humans, and also be able to form a group to run flashpoints, warzones etc... Server merging is most definitely the way to go.

I didn't subscribe to a single player RPG... I subscribed to an MMO, so can we focus on creating a community instead of watching it die off?

I am in total agreement with you. I like this game, i dont want to start a new toon on a heavily populated server, I just want to play the 50's i have in the company of others.

Ez

Its totally time for server mergers. They created servers too quickly in the December slam. Now they will lose more population because fun gaming opportunities will be limited by player volume.

If the Fleet isnt having at least 200 people in it at a time, that will lead to a future problem.