The definitive word on end game itemization in 1.2

GeorgZoeller

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some answers:

-About Mercenary commendationa:

You will be able to exchange them 1:1 for warzone comms. So they wont go to waste if you have some.

-About Armoring and set bonuses:

Currently avaiable sets (pre 1.2) do not have their set bonuses on the armoring. This means you wont be able to make your jedi intiates lower robe fully equivalent to a rakata kilt, only stat-wise. The set bonuses on armoring will be a new feature introduced on the new raid tier pieces.

In a nutshell: you wont transfer your columi / rakata / tionese setbonuses anywhere.

-About PvP Daily / Weekly missions:

They will still be in game. They'll yield warzone commendations. No Ilum dailies. No random bags.

-About Tionese Crystal drop rate:

They wont increase its drop rate. The cost of gear will decreas.

-About Expertise cap:

Please visit Sithwarrior forums, here is an excellent post for you:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list?pid=19310#pid19310

Hey Georg, why cant we buy the recruit gear for warzone comms with lets say a valor rank 40+ and can wear it when we hit level 50. I think its a little disadvantage for pure pvp levelers due to reduced credits through warzones.

Just a thought

Wait a sec.

So you're telling me that I can work for a campaign piece of armor, reverse engineer it, and only have the CHANCE to get the schematic, completely wasting the gear in the process? And the schematic boxes are random too?

I'm all for earning gear and special items, but making people waste time, money, and gear is just stupid.

Wait a sec.

.... and only have the CHANCE to get the schematic.... And the schematic boxes are random too?

Yes, there is a chance to get the schematic.

And the Schematic boxes, which were mentioned in the long yellow post are purchasable for 50k credits at the appropriate pvp gear vendor. That means you have a box which contains schematics for orange Battlemaster Force-Master shell, for instance, not pve ones.

Please visit this site for more information (scroll down a bit):

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2_endgame_crafting_mats_and_space_missions.shtml

Let me get this straight.

So a lot of us grinded up to 75 valor ranks to get a full set of the best pvp gear possible (thanks to the horrible random chance of token in Battlemaster bags).

We had to trade Enhancements in our Battlemaster sets for gear optimization because Bioware has no clue how to properly itemize (even more grinding)

And we get NOTHING out of it with 1.2 but anger that our gear does not get updated because we changed the Mods (and destroyed the other, ueseless ones in the process. Really, who needs Accuracy/Crit?) and Bioware customer support will not restore any of those.

Not to mention a slightly different looking version of ranked War Hero gear.

It could be so easy. Put in a vendor with Armoring/Mod/Enhancements for Valor 60/70+ that are one level higher than what is currently in War Hero gear. So it actually has value to be a War Hero besides a dumb title and slightly different style.

Talk about a kick in the nuts.

War Heroes, Conquerors and above, I feel for you my brothers.

What a joke.

Edited by zeoutsider

this is why i didnt go nuts trying to get gear i had a feeling something was up. You think its coincidence they post this at the last minute lol. I cant figure bioware out very bizare crap they go and take a poll about how the new gear looks and 99% hate the looks yet the release it looking crappy? How cc and server transfers wasnt fixed in this patch beyond me. We need server transfers more then legacy or anything else. I have never seen a company screw off and do bizzare crap like bioware lol. This game could have destroyed wow and most other mmo's yet they spend there time with bad pr about things they dont have. Very sad....

Let me get this straight.

So a lot of us grinded up to 75 valor ranks to get a full set of the best pvp gear possible (thanks to the horrible random chance of token in Battlemaster bags).

We had to trade Enhancements in our Battlemaster sets for gear optimization because Bioware has no clue how to properly itemize (even more grinding)

And we get NOTHING out of it with 1.2 but anger that our gear does not get updated because we changed the Mods (and destroyed the other, ueseless ones in the process. Really, who needs Accuracy/Crit?) and Bioware customer support will not restore any of those.

Not to mention a slightly different looking version of ranked War Hero gear.

It could be so easy. Put in a vendor with Armoring/Mod/Enhancements for Valor 60/70+ that are one level higher than what is currently in War Hero gear. So it actually has value to be a War Hero besides a dumb title and slightly different style.

Talk about a kick in the nuts.

War Heroes, Conquerors and above, I feel for you my brothers.

What a joke.

Yes, there is a chance to get the schematic.

And the Schematic boxes, which were mentioned in the long yellow post are purchasable for 50k credits at the appropriate pvp gear vendor. That means you have a box which contains schematics for orange Battlemaster Force-Master shell, for instance, not pve ones.

Please visit this site for more information (scroll down a bit):

http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2_endgame_crafting_mats_and_space_missions.shtml

But that still means that what could be potentially months of raiding for a single gear drop, dealing with the randomness of drops and going up against other members of the same class, can be wasted if the random number generator isn't on your side when reverse engineering the gear.

Now repeat that for 5 or so pieces of armor, and yeah I guess that increases the content's longevity, but it's insanely frustrating and tedious.

I'm glad that they made armorcrafting actually useful, but I don't see why they had to make it so bloody frustrating and reliant on chance just to get to the point where it can be worthwhile for end-game players.

Edited by admrialtuff

Why would you want to reverse engineer the pvp gear? Surely not for the looks?

If you want stats isnt it just better to craft some other gear piece for the augment slots and move the pvp mods to it?

Or have I misunderstood this whole thing...

Just seems to me the overall % stat increase of going from BM to WH is a bit of a wash...

Better alternative would be to go for crit orange shell w/ augment + BM armoring/mods/enhancements off the bat and then grind your way to a WH set to rip the mods/enh out of?

Anyone else agree or am I missing something? However, this rationale does not factor in the new expertise DR formula....

Thanks

Edited by bklynfinest

But that still means that what could be potentially months of raiding for a single gear drop, dealing with the randomness of drops and going up against other members of the same class, can be wasted if the random number generator isn't on your side when reverse engineering the gear.

Now repeat that for 5 or so pieces of armor, and yeah I guess that increases the content's longevity, but it's insanely frustrating and tedious.

I'm glad that they made armorcrafting actually useful, but I don't see why they had to make it so bloody frustrating and reliant on chance just to get to the point where it can be worthwhile for end-game players.

Potential months of raiding! Yes please! The thing is, that for the last 4-6 weeks, we (an avarage 8 men guild) were not even online because we "had nothing to do". Meaning, we had 5/5 rakata, everything we needed, hell even some of our companions were in rakata.

The thing is, in my oppinion that gearing up is too fast. Back in the day (you know what I mean) there were 40 players and 2-3 loot per boss. Here, we have 8 players and 3-4-5 loot per boss. See where I'm going?

So if reverse engineering those, for augmented looks, gives us some more reason to play, then so be it. It not frustrating, you just have to *gasp* work for it.

Things you can do:

-You dont need augment slot, just the looks. Just leave the gear the way it is.

-You dont need the looks, just the augment slot. Get the pvp ones. Or the low level "classic" robes.

-You need both. Well, either you wait till Bioware implements a method to craft augment slot on existing gear or you "grind" some set pieces and Reverse engineer them.

On the topic: What is the chance of success on high-end set item reverse engineering?

Potential months of raiding! Yes please! The thing is, that for the last 4-6 weeks, we (an avarage 8 men guild) were not even online because we "had nothing to do". Meaning, we had 5/5 rakata, everything we needed, hell even some of our companions were in rakata.

The thing is, in my oppinion that gearing up is too fast. Back in the day (you know what I mean) there were 40 players and 2-3 loot per boss. Here, we have 8 players and 3-4-5 loot per boss. See where I'm going?

So if reverse engineering those, for augmented looks, gives us some more reason to play, then so be it. It not frustrating, you just have to *gasp* work for it.

Things you can do:

-You dont need augment slot, just the looks. Just leave the gear the way it is.

-You dont need the looks, just the augment slot. Get the pvp ones. Or the low level "classic" robes.

-You need both. Well, either you wait till Bioware implements a method to craft augment slot on existing gear or you "grind" some set pieces and Reverse engineer them.

On the topic: What is the chance of success on high-end set item reverse engineering?

Yeah, you're right. Rage/panic mode disengaged.

I guess on the bright side, the Imperial Agent campaign gear is atrocious so there won't be much point in trying to crit it for the augment slot based on looks alone. Transferring the mods to the sleek, nice looking battlemaster gear is probably what I'll do.

My only question after all that comes from confusion over just which items can be crit for the augment slot. Is it just the new campaign armor and crafted pvp? I'd like to have 2 different looks at least instead of having my PVE and PVP gear be the battlemaster look.

Edited by admrialtuff

My only question after all that comes from confusion over just which items can be crit for the augment slot. Is it just the new campaign armor and crafted pvp? I'd like to have 2 different looks at least instead of having my PVE and PVP gear be the battlemaster look.

Every item can be critically crafted now. Armors and weapons get an augment slot and modifications yield two instead of one upon critical crafting success.

Sorry, but has the following crafting question been answered yet:

I take it that empty orange items crafted after RE'ing Campaign drops will be BOE and sellable on the GTN. But will implants, earpieces, mods or other items crafted from campaign-RE schematics also be BOE in the same fashion, or will they be BOP or BoL?

Thanks.

It is absolute GARBAGE that you all didn't keep the stat itemization improvements on Rakata gear for Marauders. What are we supposed to do with all this accuracy? Do you realize that most people replace the 58 mods for 56 just because of the idiotic stat distribution?

I'm sure Accuracy will play a big role in the future, but it serves no purpose and adds no value in the game's current state.

As a matter of fact, go take a Marauder in full Rakata without changing his 58 mods and compare them to a full Rakata Marauder who's replaced the redundant amount of accuracy with the 56 power/surge mods and tell me who is averaging more DPS in your fancy new combat logs.

I don't understand what you people were thinking. You go through all the trouble of making these amazing changes to Legacy, upgrading the PvP system, adding new PvE content... but when it comes to fixing your past mistake on stat distribution on your existing top tier gear you drop the ball...

I'm excited for the Legacy perks, but that's muddied by the fact that my gear continues to be **** packed with Accuracy... I guess I'm going to have to replace the "BiS" mods with the Columi ones that actually make sense.

So much garbage. Not to mention that I was so excited I would be able to put my Rakata chest piece mods into the Agent Rakata chest piece... but I guess I can't do that either because Rakata set bonuses are bound to shell and not armoring.... so much anger....

Sorry, but has the following crafting question been answered yet:

I take it that empty orange items crafted after RE'ing Campaign drops will be BOE and sellable on the GTN. But will implants, earpieces, mods or other items crafted from campaign-RE schematics also be BOE in the same fashion, or will they be BOP or BoL?

Thanks.

Asked the same question on page 16, found no answer so far.

First of all, my apologies to all readers as English is not my natural language.

Georg "Observer" Zoeller

Principal Lead Combat Designer

I wish you the best with 1.2 lunch, i hope

You will have corrected the CC - Bar trouble in pvp.

You made same animation timers for Républic and Empire.

You corrected a lot of bugs in Raids

You invested in an anti-cheat system ( yes it does exist )

I'll give 1.2 a try tomorrow and see if you deserve 13€ / month.

Just seems to me the overall % stat increase of going from BM to WH is a bit of a wash...

Better alternative would be to go for crit orange shell w/ augment + BM armoring/mods/enhancements off the bat and then grind your way to a WH set to rip the mods/enh out of?

Anyone else agree or am I missing something? However, this rationale does not factor in the new expertise DR formula....

Thanks

Yes, craft or buy a orange shell with additional slot. Rip out BM Mods and benefit from the augmention. Grind ur way up to WH. When done with that, farm a few more WH parts, rip out the enhancements/mods and replace the useless stats.

For example +12 crit mod vs +39 ap mod and so on til setup is perfect. Guess that takes a while :)

My plan is pretty the same, gathered many crafting materials on alt to build a full set WH critted shells. Then want to put in the BMs and replace them step by step.

But one question, how is it if I want to trade my BM gear into WH gear? Can I use empty/different filled BM-parts? Or has to be "original" from vendor?

Edited by Schwummel

Any chance of armormech's current crafted armor getting some viability soon? I like the appearances and coloring of a lot of these and don't want to think I RE'ed a lot of schems to purple for no reason. I'm talking about the level 1-49 gear. How about letting us RE those to Orange? That would increase the number of available models and color combinations.

Those fire and forget dev posts just hours before the patch, show how important we as players are. Cristal colours get a response, but gamebreaking stat changes and must have crew skill implementations we can find out on live after investing millions in credits. That is all this patch is about, squishing the inflation.

So, stuck with accuracy...AGAIN. This time there's no option to replace with champion enhancements and mods, because those didn't get an expertise boost. Cool. So, are any orange items OTHER THAN the new item sets craftable with augment slot? Or are we stuck with the space-samurai-on-acid look if we want augments?

So, stuck with accuracy...AGAIN. This time there's no option to replace with champion enhancements and mods, because those didn't get an expertise boost. Cool. So, are any orange items OTHER THAN the new item sets craftable with augment slot? Or are we stuck with the space-samurai-on-acid look if we want augments?

If you read above you you would find the answer is yes, you will be able critcraft orange gear you already can craft now.