10pm downtime? Really?

Staavis_SC

Try that again.

Today, April 10th, 2012. 2:30pm

Downtime April 11th, 2012 10pm.

31.5 hours.

3 days = 24 * 3 = 72 hours.

Big difference in 1.5 days and 3 days.

Wasn't really counting the times, was counting the dates. They announced it today, so theres tomorrow and then thrusday thats 3 days.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try that again.

31.5 hours.

And why does it bother you so much? You have big plans at 10pm that night?

@ OP

I'm west coast, just means I'll actually get some sleep tomorrow night.

Seriously man, find something else to do, like maybe sleep or watch a movie or something.

Don't give in to the sense of entitlement kids have nowadays, you're better than that.

Sigh, you wanted the release date now you have it now you QQ about downtime

when does it stop

Those two have nothing to do with eachother.

And are you keeping tabs on what people post? I'm willing to agree with the OP that the downtimes (maintenance/patches/whatnot) are at weird hours and I'm pretty sure that I've never demanded or even wanted a realease date so are you going to tell me the same thing? If anything I've said that the 12th is too soon.

@ OP

I'm west coast, just means I'll actually get some sleep tomorrow night.

Seriously man, find something else to do, like maybe sleep or watch a movie or something.

Don't give in to the sense of entitlement kids have nowadays, you're better than that.

Amen brother. Extra rest. Will be nice to wake up to 1.2 after a long rest.

Try that again.

31.5 hours.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Looks like 3 days to me. They never said 72 hours notice. They said THREE DAYS. They also never said they wouldn't give notice on day 1 and start it early on day 3. Loopholes are wonderful things, aren't they? :D

But seriously, QQing about it isn't going to matter. I'm west coast too, and I just want 1.2 so I can FINALLY make my Pureblood Reppie toons. :D (Jorgan is in serious need of a pimpsmack)

Dear OP...

Take the extra two hours you are missing out on for this patch to deploy and ... do something else. Really. It won't kill you. And when you wake up in the morning, you'll have a nice and shiny new patch to play with.

BioWare will never make everyone happy with downtime. Most people realize this, and accept that simple truth.

The OP cares. That is TWO hours of his time that he cannot think of anything else to do with. Have a heart.

It's about more than that.

If this was a F2P MMO, no big deal. I'm not paying for the service, so they can bring down the servers anytime as far as I care.

But, here, I am paying for a service. The service is, access to their servers.

They set an established downtime window, they should live by it.

I'm an engineer. I deal, in precision. Precision measurements, precision estimates, precision in schedules and delivery dates.

I expect those that I do business with, to do the same.

Consider for example: Season tickets to the <INSERT NBA TEAM HERE>

You buy those tickets, with the expectation to gain entrance to the game, upon turning the ticket over at the gate.

If the team decides to suddenly change it's starting times to 3 in the morning, when you can't show up, you'd be a little peeved, wouldn't you? In fact, if suddenly, you had no use for those tickets because of the time change, you'd likely demand a refund from the front office, would you not?

:rolleyes:

You know what's cool about the downtime?

I actually have a job, so 10pm I will be headed to be to get up at 4am and make a living, support my family.

Plus, we're getting the update that everyone QQ'd about, and now that's it's said when it's coming. More QQ's... WELCOME TO A MMORPG

I guess the OP doesn't give a flying **** about the Bioware employees having to work for the whole night straight to release a patch for him. Looks like they won 2 hours from their management, good for them.

I work as QA for a software company and I can tell from personal experience that it's a gigantic pita to be up working at 2 AM just cause we now have customers in Hawaii. Not to mention that the quality of work goes down with sleepyness.

How about Bioware keep their word for once and live up to their promise of "keeping downtime consistent"?

The last time this issue came up, that's what we were told.

Looks like they lied.

FFS. Even if it was raining kisses, you'd be complaining of not having an umbrella.

If this was a F2P MMO, no big deal. I'm not paying for the service, so they can bring down the servers anytime as far as I care.

I'm an engineer. I deal, in precision. Precision measurements, precision estimates, precision in schedules and delivery dates.

You buy those tickets, with the expectation to gain entrance to the game, upon turning the ticket over at the gate.

If the team decides to suddenly change it's starting times to 3 in the morning, when you can't show up, you'd be a little peeved, wouldn't you? In fact, if suddenly, you had no use for those tickets because of the time change, you'd likely demand a refund from the front office, would you not?

Read your EULA again. They can patch whenever they want, and you can't say anything about it because you hit 'accept.'

Show me in the EULA where you are guaranteed server up-time 24/7.

I dunno if you've gone to many sports games, but that actually happens pretty often. Games get delayed, times get changed, games get canceled outright.

You agreed to the EULA, and it specifically states that server uptimes are not guaranteed. If precision is your thing, I recommend reading it, you'll see that they make no guarantees, legally.

I guess the OP doesn't give a flying **** about the Bioware employees having to work for the whole night straight to release a patch for him. Looks like they won 2 hours from their management, good for them.

I work as QA for a software company and I can tell from personal experience that it's a gigantic pita to be up working at 2 AM just cause we now have customers in Hawaii. Not to mention that the quality of work goes down with sleepyness.

I've pulled my fair share of all-nighters to meet a deadline, so don't give me that nonsense.

And you know why I pulled the all-nighters?

To stay on schedule.

It's part of the job sometimes. If they are fine doing it all other times, then why aren't they fine doing it this time?

Schedules and Contracts are like fine china. You don't break them.

I've pulled my fair share of all-nighters to meet a deadline, so don't give me that nonsense.

And you know why I pulled the all-nighters?

To stay on schedule.

It's part of the job sometimes. If they are fine doing it all other times, then why aren't they fine doing it this time?

Schedules and Contracts are like fine china. You don't break them.

You have never pushed a schedualed date back a day or more in order to complete the project? in order to make it perfect? really?

also care to show me anywhere that bioware has agreed to do maint on any given day at a given time? they only said they will give us notice of maint .. and they have..havent they?

so theres no breaking of any contract or schedual here at all...

they simply gave us a dif date then we are used to.

Edited by thomasgallant