To-Do List Before 1.2 Comes Out On Thursday

Lord_Masty

Just want to put together a list of things to do before the update that will no longer be available after:

- Re-mod all of your Battlemaster gear to their original mods in order to be eligible for the upgrade. Rakata gear will NOT be changing, but Battlemaster will (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399000)

- Spend all champion and centurion tokens to buy items that you like the looks of (they will be discontinued and your tokens downgraded on Thursday). Post-patch you will be able to spend your tokens on these items: http://dulfy.net/2012/03/20/your-old...tions-and-1-2/

All of the gear you buy is BOP and doubtful to change to BOE in the future so don't try to buy for alts like I did. :(

- Buy a white lightsaber crystal if you have the money; they will no longer be available to purchase but may come back at a later time.

- Buy speeders that are about to be discontinued (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3523668)

- Get 1000/1000 WZ comms. If you have time, also get 1000 merc comms...at least you will be able to trade them back to WZ comms 1 for 1 after the patch.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Lord_Masty

can you explain this?

This kind of sums it up.

Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions.

I'm ready, mainly because it adds very little of interest to me. Will do the new corellia quests once and won't bother with them again. Hopefully one day Devs will find a better way to gain endgame pve stuff that doesn't involve repeating the same damn quests every frigging day.

I'm ready, mainly because it adds very little of interest to me. Will do the new corellia quests once and won't bother with them again. Hopefully one day Devs will find a better way to gain endgame pve stuff that doesn't involve repeating the same damn quests every frigging day.

How should they do that? 200+ hours of quests for you to do once at 50?

Edited by Subatia

Well since this game is all about the story why not keep adding to our story quest lines? That way people don't get too bored doing the same quests over and over again for multiple alts.

They could, they won't because it won't change the fact that level 50s will chew through the content as fast as possible, and start complaining there's nothing to do and they are bored. No matter what they do, players with existing level 50s will complain there's nothing to do at level 50 and that they are bored.

I come from Oceania and we get ALL of our downtime smack on prime time for the whole night - when we complain all you US players tell us its normal and to just deal with it.

so - sorry mate - but its must be just your turn to lose a day, never mind - we will bear the brunt of all the patching in the next few weeks due to failed QA

Repeatable multiplayer mini-games would be something better imo.

Or open world objectives in a sand box part of the game that includes player crafted housing.

They add those two things, and the time to wait for the next major story content wont feel that long.

- Spend all champion and centurion tokens to buy items that you like the looks of (they will be discontinued and your tokens downgraded on Thursday)

personally I would only do that if I really think I need the gear and/or want to gear up a companion real quick. champion and centurion gear isn't really all that much better than the new pvp sets afaik, and you can actually spend the token on schematics.

They could add several minigames.

They could add things to do outside leveling, they talked about events, that would be a good start.

I suggested they added (after an adaptation of course) a random mission terminal where you just go see what missions the terminal gives and choose one to do. Still a normal mission but different area/layout/objective. No story needed, just get and go.

Someone suggested once a true branching quest system at lvl 50, where every decision you make branches to a different quest (ex. choose to kill the person move to another quest, choose to save the person move to a different quest). On a 10 quests arch you could probably take over one month to try every possible choice. It's the toughest of suggestions but very possibly the best one.

Still, i have hopes BW will one day adress the issue, possibly with the launch of minigames, seems they're working on that. And sorry to divert the thread OP.

uve mentiond to spend all PvP tokens we got, fine but will we be able to send that gear to alts in 1.2?

what about the PvE gear, will columi/rakata vendor gear be discontinued aswell?

am confused right now. sadly the Q&A thread will be answered after the patch :mad:

Edited by rlionherz

Just want to put together a list of things to do before the update that will no longer be available after:

- Re-mod all of your Rakata/Battlemaster gear to their original mods in order to be eligible for the upgrade. (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3534712#edit3534712)

^currently unknown whether this change will be taking place once the patch goes live. Need a dev to confirm.

yes it is known... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399000

- Spend all champion and centurion tokens to buy items that you like the looks of (they will be discontinued and your tokens downgraded on Thursday)

or save them for these http://dulfy.net/2012/03/20/your-old-pvp-commendations-and-1-2/

- Buy a white lightsaber crystal if you have the money; they will no longer be available to purchase (they will be back at a later date, but it is unknown how long, could be years)

- Buy speeders that are about to be discontinued (see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3523668)

- Get 1000/1000 WZ comms. If you have time, also get 1000 merc comms...at least you will be able to trade them back to WZ comms 1 for 1 after the patch.

Did I miss anything?

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/preparing-for-patch-1-2/

I would like to get a character to 50 on my current server (for species unlock, Chiss ftw!), as server transfers aren't in yet. Sadly, that isn't going to happen, not unless I ditch study - and given I'd like to do well in my degree, that's not happening either.

So my to-do list is... Study and not worry about levelling too much. :)