Defection and/or Neutrality. Mail!

GlitterOutlaw

i think thery shoudl put Smugglers and Bounty hunters under "Nuetral" story arc being able to do both sides.

also i think woudl be cool to be able to "defect" to the other side after a cirtin point

would be cool :)

lastly i dunno if they was announced but id love to mail each char no mattering what light/dark side there on. so annoying....

I know there was talk about neutral alignments, and being able to mail things between factions but that wont be in 1.2. I also highly agree with the defection idea. I spent a lot of time as a casual player working on my jug and I'm still not full battle master and being on a server that seems to be dominated by republic premades is annoying, and despite it being easy to level and get gear I just don't want to put all that time in. Heck, I've been playing since late December for crying out loud!

I've always thought this should be a thing. It would be relatively simple to implement, just make it a level 50 thing you can do, and once you're over to the other side, just have your character assume the role of it's parallel class. (when it comes to conversation options/missions)

Star Wars is all about Redemption or Corruption, it just seems strange that there isn't a single opportunity to defect.

please do a search next time. this has been discussed many times, and all of the reasons against have been done to death. as a brief summery:

it makes no sense story wise. at all.

this would also make adding story later very difficult. not to mention the issues with companions.

besides that, bioware has already addressed this. its called level an alt.

makes alot of sence actully. maybe you should do some lol. what do you call anakin? defector.

defecting if rampart in SW universe and not liek any part of this game fallows canon what so ever because it doesnt lol.

and hello doesnt make sence for BH/SMUG to be all light/dark ince they do it for the money and have no real alligence, so no reason why storyline wise they cant have a arc for both sides.

please do a search next time. this has been discussed many times, and all of the reasons against have been done to death. as a brief summery:

it makes no sense story wise. at all.

this would also make adding story later very difficult. not to mention the issues with companions.

besides that, bioware has already addressed this. its called level an alt.

It makes no sense story wise that you cant do it, in the various story lines people are defection and changing sides all over the place.

attempting to argue this point is senseless. op thinks republic=good and empire=evil. :confused:

You know if it was as simple as that then they wouldn't have light and dark side choices for both sides. I mean seriously not all imperials are going to want to be evil or dark side and not all republicans are going to want to be good or light side. Some people want the choice to be the heroic villain or something like that but you get my point.

It makes no sense story wise that you cant do it, in the various story lines people are defection and changing sides all over the place.

for some of the storylines perhaps, for the majority of them, no. neither my smuggler or bounty hunter are high enough to confirm whether or not THEY could switch, but my sith warrior, and sith inquisitor would never defect story wise, especially to any extent to be able to take over in terms of my mirror classes story.

it would be beyond unfair to allow only 2 classes this kind of ability.

You know if it was as simple as that then they wouldn't have light and dark side choices for both sides. I mean seriously not all imperials are going to want to be evil or dark side and not all republicans are going to want to be good or light side. Some people want the choice to be the heroic villain or something like that but you get my point.

which is exactly the point i was making if you read the full discussion of what was being quoted. the op's suggestion is based on a warped world view, and is far from realistic.

Give it time, I'm sure we'll see these options come around.

Bounty Hunter for both sides, or some kind of neutral position.

Smugglers for both sides or some kind of neutral faction.

Imperial and SIS agents

Imperial and Republic Troopers

Obviously the Consular's and Inquisitors would be their equal, and well as Knights and Warriors.

Give it time, I'm sure we'll see these options come around.

Bounty Hunter for both sides, or some kind of neutral position.

Smugglers for both sides or some kind of neutral faction.

Imperial and SIS agents

Imperial and Republic Troopers

Obviously the Consular's and Inquisitors would be their equal, and well as Knights and Warriors.

Actually, it's been stated that you'll never see these classes on opposing sides, and furthermore that a third faction was considered early in development but was discarded as it would detract from the focus of the setting. In short, all classes are already on both sides - their storylines and style simply differ.

No class brings something to the other side, mechanically, and they'd effectively have to double the voice-work in-game to make it work. Something they've stated they're not going to do.

Likewise, the third faction was going to consist of Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and Voss Mystics for the Force-user. It was, however, decided that these neutral storylines were not iconically Star Wars, and thus the idea for the third faction was struck down.

for some of the storylines perhaps, for the majority of them, no. neither my smuggler or bounty hunter are high enough to confirm whether or not THEY could switch, but my sith warrior, and sith inquisitor would never defect story wise, especially to any extent to be able to take over in terms of my mirror classes story.

it would be beyond unfair to allow only 2 classes this kind of ability.

which is exactly the point i was making if you read the full discussion of what was being quoted. the op's suggestion is based on a warped world view, and is far from realistic.

But both your Warrior and Inquisitor got defectors as companions, that is what i meant, there is no reason that they couldnt make a story that allowed to you to change sides.