Please DO NOT add a ton of servers to combat the queues!

JRMB

Having played every other major MMO during its release, the one thing that I always see is companies adding a ton of servers at start that then have to be taken down and merged in a few months.

Please do NOT cave to the pressure right now. I am currently stuck in a queue as a type this and that is FINE with me. People stuck in a queue right now will complain, but they will still play. People stuck on an empty server later will actually quit playing. The anticipation at launch is enough to keep people around through these queues.

Please, do not give into the pressure and open too many servers. Things will work out fine.

I agree.

Throwing a crap load of servers at the issue, and then a month from now having a bunch of low pop servers when people are over the shiny-newness/back to school or college, is not a good thing for them to do.

Being on a server where there's noone to do dungeons with is way worse than having a queue the first two weeks of launch.

Sure lets all wait 5 hours to get on a server then set around and lag out all day. You guys are pure genius. Less servers means the people who payed to play the game cant. Hmmm if you were a business person wouldnt you want your customers to at least test out your product? I would. But I guess thats just me.

Good for you. I've been in mine for over two hours now and it's a server I was *assigned to* with 15 other people in my guild. Not that there are any less crowded ones to move to anyway ...

I count 20 servers ranging from Standard > Heavy > Very Heavy with every server type and time zone as a possible selection.

I do not want to see the population spread thin either, empty servers are no fun. But I also only allocate mysealf an hour or two to play each nite, if 45 min are spent in queue every nite, I will not sub the game for long. I am also sure I am not the only one who feels that way.

Raise the limit on the servers or add new ones. No shame in merging later.

I do not want to see the population spread thin either, empty servers are no fun. But I also only allocate mysealf an hour or two to play each nite, if 45 min are spent in queue every nite, I will not sub the game for long. I am also sure I am not the only one who feels that way.

Raise the limit on the servers or add new ones. No shame in merging later.

These ques come with the launch with every MMO, I don't know why people panic and think "OMG it's gonna be this way 4-everz!!!" It's not.

Having played every other major MMO during its release, the one thing that I always see is companies adding a ton of servers at start that then have to be taken down and merged in a few months.

Please do NOT cave to the pressure right now. I am currently stuck in a queue as a type this and that is FINE with me. People stuck in a queue right now will complain, but they will still play. People stuck on an empty server later will actually quit playing. The anticipation at launch is enough to keep people around through these queues.

Please, do not give into the pressure and open too many servers. Things will work out fine.

Thank you! Don't need'em until it gets all settled out. I can wait 10-15 minutes to get on.

These ques come with the launch with every MMO, I don't know why people panic and think "OMG it's gonna be this way 4-everz!!!" It's not.

Been parts of many MMO launches, and yes slight launch queues are acceptable, IMHO 20 min + is not good -- the game has not even launched yet.

Get the queues to ~5 min and this become a non issue.

what's the problem with opening more servers, so that more players can enjoy the game with minimum queues (there are servers with 2h+ at the moment) and then merge the empty servers down in the road?

just asking, because I honestly don't know what a server merge between two low populated servers would destroy.

The funny thing is I bet all of you guys crying about que times are the ones who cried about not getting into the game the first day. Oh what a mess that wouldve been :rolleyes:

Nope. actually, it would be the other way around. All the dudes who think they are hot **** because they got in on the first wave due to them getting the first preorder ever, are now crying because they are stuck in a 2 hour queue to get to their high level character.

I got my invite this morning, and I had to work all day. You know what level my highest toon is? 4. I got nothing to lose.

Don't mind me, just scooting over to a server with no wait time. HUEHUEHUE :mon_cool:

Every server is full or heavy, the queue times on most servers are at least 15 minutes, and we're at only half the population we'll have at launch. Bioware needs to add SOME servers.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

I agree with the original post. Three things all customers should be aware of:

1. This is STAR WARS;

2. This is the launch period of the most eagerly anticipated game ever;

3. The game has been release over the Xmas/New Year period.

Of course the servers are going to fill up very quickly. I'm sure that Bioware will juggle with the population caps a bit during this busy period (why else would they do stress testing during the betas). I'm equally sure that once the novelty wears off server population levels will die down, particularly after players go back to work in the New Year and even more so when Mass Effect 3 is released:cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.