Favorite Planet

swcfrost

My favourite planet is Tatooine. I like the two suns and the sand. And in SWTOR its an open world (map), not like Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa`s labirints. Also, Tatooine is one of the main planets in the movies, with lots of history.

Also, we can go there in real life :p In tunnisian desert - village called Tataouine, where the movies was filmed.

Tatooine is my planet too. I wish I was living there actually. Love the sand, desert and the openness. Makes me feel free.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite planets are the first 6 (the 4 starter planets and the 2 capital worlds). The game just flows better at the beginning. After that it all goes a bit downhill and becomes tiresome with too many fetch quests and too huge areas, although I stiill enjoy some of them to a point, like Voss, Nar Shaddaa or Belsavis.

• 1 year later...

1st. Hutta (My home this is)

2nd. Dromund Kaas (Imperial capital world)

Those maps are simple and straight forward. No unnecessary flight paths, or odd features that complicate your journey through it.

I used to like CZ-198, fastest Dailies planet but dailies are practically obsolete now.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Balmorra because it is the only planet I like on both Empire and Republic.

Tython is my favorite Republic planet and Balmorra is my all time favorite Empire planet.

Republic Taris is nice if incredibly silly, Empire Taris is horribly stupid. The Republic trying to colonize a planet full of monsters that will you into a monster if you so much as get scratched is a terrible idea. Letting the Republic waste troops, resources and people on Taris would do much more for the Empire than having the Empire waste troops and resources trying to mess with the Republic. I've always felt that the Empire forcing the Republic to leave Taris actually benefitted the Republic as it was impossibly stupid for the Republic to try recolonizing a planet full of Rakhghouls before they even had a treatment for the Rakhghoul plague.

Edited by Ellisande

Alderaan -I really like the scenery there, and the castles of various Houses, especially those of Organa and Thul, are beautiful to look at from inside. The music in the ruined throne room of House Panteer with light shining through the roof is, memorable. I like Alderaan's class and planetary storylines best out of other planets, so much political intrigue and history.

Hoth -beautiful scenery, with good music. Traveling takes bit time sometimes, but when you listen to the music, you just feel adrfifting.

• 1 month later...

I've only played one character so far so I've only been on Imperial/contested planets.

I really like Balmorra and Makeb for its beautiful, grassy environments and the tall mountains.

I also had lots of fun on Corellia with its urban warfare/civil war setting. Going through subways and city buildings really changed from the "Hop from one military checkpoint to another" routine you see on most planets.

Edited by Artemyne

Balmorra because it is the only planet I like on both Empire and Republic.

Tython is my favorite Republic planet and Balmorra is my all time favorite Empire planet.

Republic Taris is nice if incredibly silly, Empire Taris is horribly stupid. The Republic trying to colonize a planet full of monsters that will you into a monster if you so much as get scratched is a terrible idea. Letting the Republic waste troops, resources and people on Taris would do much more for the Empire than having the Empire waste troops and resources trying to mess with the Republic. I've always felt that the Empire forcing the Republic to leave Taris actually benefitted the Republic as it was impossibly stupid for the Republic to try recolonizing a planet full of Rakhghouls before they even had a treatment for the Rakhghoul plague.

I always thought Taris shouldn't have been one of the planets in the game. The only reason it is because Bioware created it for KOTOR, and to tap into KOTOR nostalgia for fans. Taris was fun when it was an actual city planet. As a rakghoul-choaked ruin? Not so much. The place is a worthless ruin so why are the Empire and Republic even bothering to fight over it? It never made sense.

Taris at best should have been limited to a setting for a Flashpoint or Operation, but another planet should have had a starring role for planet/class story content. Instead we should have gotten another iconic planet from the films or EU. Ryloth, Naboo, Kashyyk, Mustafar, Dathomir, or Ruusan could all been a fun alternative.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Voss, Belsavis, Korriban, Odessen

Out of all the planets, I really love Voss mostly due to its aesthetics and mysticism of the Voss. My first toon was SI, so focusing on more of the Force and control instead of Republic vs Empire like in Taris was an awesome experience for me.

Belsavis for similar reasons in the jungle design. It's really chaotic but colorful. Made sense to me why Belsavis would be a prison planet to harbor the worst of the worst, non-Force and Force users.

Korriban: Compared to Tatooine, Korriban has the Sith culture vibe all over the place. The ambient music was broody and I really liked it as I did the class story.

Ch 12 in Odessen wilds, particularly the night sky, I found calming in a way.