You've made you're hundreds of millions now answer our concerns please....?

AitConvarion

Now the trolling is uneeded and will be reported. This isnt a complaint as I've already done that. I read from a forum moderator that the fix to server queues are to roll a new toon on a new server.

Is this the fix from bioware. Is this the type of half thought out mess we are to expect from this game for the next couple of years? I would like a official response from the ppl that make the game not moderators the forums. If you all made a mistake that is ok just tell us. If you are capping servers for the official release for more healthy servers tell us. Just tell us something other than " your 14 hours of game play was for naught go do it again on another server where come release this still could be a problem"

You've made millions from us we deserve a answer?

Now the trolling is uneeded and will be reported. This isnt a complaint as I've already done that. I read from a forum moderator that the fix to server queues are to roll a new toon on a new server.

Is this the fix from bioware. Is this the type of half thought out mess we are to expect from this game for the next couple of years? I would like a official response from the ppl that make the game not moderators the forums. If you all made a mistake that is ok just tell us. If you are capping servers for the official release for more healthy servers tell us. Just tell us something other than " your 14 hours of game play was for naught go do it again on another server where come release this still could be a problem"

There really isn't much to say. It's the launch of a new Star Wars MMO the queues are there because there are simply that many people. There was no mistake made so there is no "fix" You will simply have to wait, these queues don't last forever.

so your saying all the overflow of ppl will just quit playing and there will be no queues this doesnt make sense and the fact that alot of ppl are upset about queues 3 days before the launch means they made a mistake or this is planned for another reason either way id like to hear whats going on from the makers.

thanks for your response though

so your saying all the overflow of ppl will just quit playing and there will be no queues this doesnt make sense and the fact that alot of ppl are upset about queues 3 days before the launch means they made a mistake or this is planned for another reason either way id like to hear whats going on from the makers.

thanks for your response though

No, what I am saying is that everyone will realize that sitting in queue is stupid, newer players/recently let in will migrate to other servers that don't have queues, it happens every time..hell ask anyone involved with the Rift launch..you want queues get a time machine and relive that nightmare. These are things that come with the territory of launching a new mmo..one of Star Wars caliber. You don't want to open too many servers at launch, you end up with lots of dead servers and forced migrations down the road once everyone has settled in.

Edited by Damarog

I have played quite a few of the big release MMO's' and these ques are fairly standard for release. It's not so much that people quite, but I am sure some will... Its more that this game is new, everyone wants a piece of it right now. How many times have you read that people have taken holiday for the release so that they can play 24/7....

As others have stated, most people will start having to go back to work and doing normal life stuff... It will mean that while the same population is still playing, they just aren't all try to play at the same time or all the time.

The answer is obvious: the servers ar ecapped to ensure those who are enjoy a good experience and to preserve server stability.

These answers were so obvious that you recognized them in your post. Would you like Bioware spending their time answering the obvious?

There really isn't much to say. It's the launch of a new Star Wars MMO the queues are there because there are simply that many people. There was no mistake made so there is no "fix" You will simply have to wait, these queues don't last forever.

agree, most likely the largest mmo release in the history of mmo's, or at least in the top three.. and given the transient nature of mmo players this day and age, I can't blame Bioware for not dumping and excess of servers, give them bit of time, wow had que's the Rift had them Lotro had them, for the first few weeks.. they will crunch the numbers add the servers as needed over time, I am sure they know siting in a que is not fun..:)

You want an answer, but lets face it, your not going to be happy with it.... Wait times will go down, just make sure you log on or have someone else log you on before your ready to play. With in a couple of weeks, you wont even need to do that.

Do you all work for bioware designing this game.... no I'll answer that for you.... now those are all possiblities but all im saying is that there will be hundreds if not thousands of posts on this matter and it could all be stopped by a simple answer from the makers thats all we want.....and i bet all you ppl saying its so obviouse or this is the answer....when the answer comes youll be like oh that makes sense thanks bioware.

What que in Rift? Never had one and i started day one. Oh but that's right, they opened a lot of servers and not stingy like BW is. Then again Trion offers FREE 7 day CD char transfers to help combat dead servers. Free and EA do not go together so we are totally hosed.

Ya know what, I'd really like to play this game and not sit here b*tching about it on the forums cus I am in a 1300+ q for pst 30 mins. I be lucky to get in 2 hours from now barring 1003 error.

Edited by fixit

What que in Rift? Never had one and i started day one. Oh but that's right, they opened a lot of servers and not stingy like BW is. Then again Trion offers FREE 7 day CD char transfers to help combat dead servers. Free and EA do not go together so we are totally hosed.

Ya know what, I'd really like to play this game and not sit here b*tching about it on the forums cus I am in a 1300+ q for pst 30 mins. I be lucky to get in 2 hours from now barring 1003 error.

I and everyone I knew had to wait in queues for Rift and that game wasn't anywhere near as popular as this.

The answer, like others have said, is that this is a popular new mmo. There are usually queues like this for early access or release. They are responding as well as they can by trying to balance adding new servers with the concern about having too many later.

Plus just adding new servers doesn't automatically solve the problem. There are plenty of people who are just starting that won't leave a queue and start on a new server because they have friends on existing ones.

*Edit* One thing they do need to do, imo, is to add the ability to not get put back into a queue if you disconnect. That functionality has been in many other mmo's for awhile now. Usually get a few minutes "grace period" (lol) to log back in. It really is needed.

Edited by Haunt

You have spent a total of 5 dollars at this time for your pre-order.

heres an answer

I had no problem waiting 45 minutes to get in the server ya know what i did? i read a book :)

Would you just read a book if you were actively playing, about to go run some Heroics with your friends, then got kicked offline in the middle of it and put into queue for an hour? I think we're going to be hearing a lot of stories about that before this is straightened out.

heres an answer

I had no problem waiting 45 minutes to get in the server ya know what i did? i read a book :)

Ok but mine is 2hrs. **** happens and I am guessing they are working hard on doing this the best they can. Still sucks to be at 2hrs.

God the sense of entitlement in some people is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention the completely incorrect assumption that ANYONE involved in this game has profits even approaching hundreds of millions of dollars yet.

Oh and btw, don't whine about people trolling when you make threads with false and inflammatory topics like this.

Do you all work for bioware designing this game.... no I'll answer that for you.... now those are all possiblities but all im saying is that there will be hundreds if not thousands of posts on this matter and it could all be stopped by a simple answer from the makers thats all we want.....and i bet all you ppl saying its so obviouse or this is the answer....when the answer comes youll be like oh that makes sense thanks bioware.

Here's what happens: Bioware answers a question, and people complain about it. People ask (in a whiny tone) for something else, BW offers an answer, and people complain again. The issue is people's unrealistic expectations and impatience. Rather than say, you know, BW may have some semblance of an idea about how all of this is going and what they'll do about it, so perhaps I should just wait a bit and see what happens, people experience an inconvenience and immediately go to the forums, screaming as loud as they can.