Stop rolling on Fatman and roll on Swiftsure instead.

Icysunx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this explains why Fleet is less than 100 lately on Swiftsure but Dromund Kaas had over 100 people the other day....

1.2 is going to bring back queues with a vengeance..... Come one come all for Terminal Tuesdays!

Edited by philefluxx

Fatman and Swiftsure are pvp the ones you mentioned are pve. Zakkeg Beast and the Harbinger are the top pve population servers.

Isn't Zakkeg Beast on of the recommended servers for free weekends? If so those non-paying accounts shouldn't count in the population. Other than weekends, When I login Zakkeg Beast rarely has a server level higher than Canderous Ordo and is often lower.

Edited by JerokTalram

You can only contribute to the problem if your actively playing on the server ..... but do you really want to queue to play the game?

We did it for the better part of two months at launch. I'm glad we stuck with it, Swiftsure is great :)

And yes, the PvE and PvP scene here is awesome.

Don't join Swiftsure.

Their population is going to sink when Asia/Pacific transfers pop up.

this is a lie most of the asia pacifics have already left you sir are an unsuccessful rancor....Swiftsure will remain right beside fatman in population!

Edited by Vegetalink

this is a lie most of the asia pacifics have already left you sir are an unsuccessful rancor....Swiftsure will remain right beside fatman in population!

We shall see. I foretell a great miss fortune of darkening skies befalling Swiftsure.

Oh, how the mighty will fall. All your posturing about people being stuck on low-pop severs, and now you beg us to join you.

We shall join together with The Fatman, WE shall become LEGION, while you Swiftsure losers wilt, and watch your server crack and break apart in-front of your very eyes.

Oh yes. We shall watch such a spectacle with rancorous amusement!

And when it happens, you shall all look upward, screaming "SAVE US!", we shall glance down at you, and whisper "No."

the proof is in the link on the first page of this thread

I thought torstatus.com used questionable methods and thus wasn't accepted. Either way according to Torstatus. Canderous Ordo does not have less that Zakkeg the Beast. They have to same amount. And since Zakkeg the Beasts totals are inflated by the free weekends, Zakkeg the Beast must have less fulltime players that Canderous Ordo. That's if you believe torstatus's numbers.

Edit: I read that little font wrong. Canderous has 1.87 where Zakkeg has 1.97. Either way Zakkeg is inflated by the free weekenders being pointed there.

Edited by JerokTalram

I have a toon on Swiftsure it has still good amount of players but that server is dying. I'm not gonna leave Swiftsure but I rerolled new toon on Fatman which is the most populated PVP server right now and Caderous Oro for PVE server.

Let me try and explain a few points to tie up any assumptions....

1) The reason I made this post was not to try and be an advocate for the Swiftsure because I felt like it Needed more people, rather the point I was trying to make was that both the Fatman and the Swiftsure have similar population activity and people are going to regret rolling on the Fatman and having extremely long ques.

When 1.2 Hits, you can expect many of us who play limited amounts because we have completed all the content to further increase that population. In WoW, servers like Illidan went from 15 minute ques to up to 90 minutes in some cases at the release of a big new patch.

In other words, being on a Standard to Heavy server is preferable pre patch to one that is full because the same people will start complaining and leave because they no longer can play during the time of day they wish.

Why do players blindly reroll on a PvP server for the higher population alone without knowing the details? The Swiftsure and Fatman had the pop they do in the first place because they are unofficial Oceanic servers, meaning a significant fraction of the population are Australian and New Zealanders (as well as Filipino before the Asia servers went live). Do you all really enjoy PvP'ing with folks on a 200ms ping so much that you're willing to drop a currently lesser populated server, that will likely grow in time? I can never understand the logic behind these compulsive choices. Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Re-rolled Fatman republic side yesterday and actually felt like I was playing an MMO again. There was about 180 people on Typhon (starting zone) with lots of chatter in general chat. It was a refreshing change from a pretty dead server and no real active community.

Why do players blindly reroll on a PvP server for the higher population alone without knowing the details? The Swiftsure and Fatman had the pop they do in the first place because they are unofficial Oceanic servers, meaning a significant fraction of the population are Australian and New Zealanders (as well as Filipino before the Asia servers went live). Do you all really enjoy PvP'ing with folks on a 200ms ping so much that you're willing to drop a currently lesser populated server, that will likely grow in time? I can never understand the logic behind these compulsive choices.

Hm, play with nobody, or play with people who have bad ping.

you tell me.

The problem with asking people to roll on Swiftsure vs. Fatman is that Swiftsure is a west coast server and Fatman is an east coast server. I personally rolled on Fatman (and have rerolled off of it) instead of Swiftsure cause my ping is usually between 90-170s on all west coast servers vs 40-90 on east coast ones and im in central time.

Rolling on Swiftsure instead of Fatman is not an option because of the latency. Now the minor latency increase wouldnt be that big of an issue but ability delay in SWTOR compounds on the feeling of disconnect between the player and the character. If you want to convince people to roll on a different server it would have to be on another pvp east coast server and currently the next most populated east coast pvp server is Jung-Ma which is an RP-PVP server or Dark Reaper but according to torstatus.net dark reaper is on the edge of becoming a dead server and some people just dont want to take that risk of rolling on a server that looks to be populated but will die out once they reach 50.

East coast pvpers just dont have much in terms of options when it comes to rerolling from dead servers on to east coast pvp servers. Fatman is the only real option

Hm, play with nobody, or play with people who have bad ping.

you tell me.

Hm, competitive PvP with players who are on the West Coast, or PvP with players lagging their *** off from 9000-12000 miles away. Hm. Hmm. Hmmm. Let me think about that. I don't know about you, but I play on a PvP server so that I can actually PvP. Quality > Quantity

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT