When the Aussies get to transfer and we don't, what will your reaction be?

Shadow-Fire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious here of what the overall community reactions is going to be when the Australians and everyone else that qualifies gets to transfer over to the oceanic servers, but the rest of us don't get to transfer off low pop servers.

I for one will be a bit annoyed by it, even given I left my low pop server to come over to The Harbringer to play with my wow guildies, but really want my lvl 50 smuggler over here now. So gang what's your reaction going to be?

(Edited title, happy now?)

My guess is that they will work out the kinks for transfers and mergers through the process for the Aussies. If I were on a lower-population server than I wanted, I wouldn't start being jealous until those Aussies are transferred correctly.

I would also be hesitant in expecting unrestricted transfers. If they will be free, they will likely only be free for high and low-pop server players to move to medium-pop servers that have a steady population AND room.

No one said we should get it first. But according to what I recall from the guild summit, the rest of us are not getting transfers any time soon. Honestly I've no prob with the aussies and the rest getting to transfer, I just think that if they have it worked out to allow them to transfer the rest of us should get to as well.

They want to see how the transfers affect the existing servers so they can decide how to implement transfers for the NA players later. If they let everyone transfer at the same time it could cause chaos and more problems than having one set of players transfer now, and a second set transfer later.

id laugh when i get to see the reality of the disaster server transfers will be in this game

meaning,r.i.p low pop servers

i mean,dont get me wrong.server transfers probably would be a good thing,but with the communitys obsession with "high pop server or no server at all"i seriously see more bad then good coming with server transfers

and im assuming bioware probably thinks the same.which is why they havent talked much about server transfers

Edited by CrunkShizzle

id laugh when i get to see the reality of the disaster server transfers will be in this game

meaning,r.i.p low pop servers

i mean,dont get me wrong.server transfers probably would be a good thing,but with the communitys obsession with "high pop server or no server at all"i seriously see more bad then good coming with server transfers

and im assuming bioware probably thinks the same.which is why they havent talked much about server transfers

Its not an obsession of "high pop or no pop at all" that is just a ridiculous statement.

MMOs are by designed to be played with other people. This MMO seems to go out of its way to discourage it, and therefore people want to be with as many people as possible in order to help combat that.

Its not an obsession of "high pop or no pop at all" that is just a ridiculous statement.

MMOs are by designed to be played with other people. This MMO seems to go out of its way to discourage it, and therefore people want to be with as many people as possible in order to help combat that.

pve and pvp content needs more then 1 person to do,so do group questing

if anything,this game seems more group oriented then other mmorpgs ive played.the problem isnt the game,its the community.eather way i dont know,some days i really like sw tor and other days i think "why didnt i just stick with wow until guild wars 2 or tera comes out.this game just doesnt seem to have a bright future"

Edited by CrunkShizzle

How exactly does the game discourage grouping?

Wait Wait I get it, there's not a button you can push to instantly transport you to a Flashpoint and fill your group with happy, skilled players.

I always thought a keyboard, a friends list (you have to have friends for the list to work,) a guild (not required but very helpful if you like grouping for things), and the ability to socialize were all one needed to get a group for something.

Wait...I see the problem now...

*back on topic.

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume a timeline for mass transfers being as we haven't heard one word from Bioware about it. All we have is a few comments from devs indicating that the Aussie transfers will help them learn about transfers.

They never promised any timetable and in fact, they never promised anything about transfers for the non-Aussie population.

I would urge patience...I know...that's a joke right?

Edited by Sparklehorse

How exactly does the game discourage grouping?

- travel time is entirely too long. To go from fleet to a planent is 4 load screens.

- heavily instanced segregated worlds.

- group rewards are terrible except for max level

- population is spread too thin over an unnessarily large group of servers

- no global chat channel

- low level heroic 2s and 4s require more people then are on planet

- companions can be used to solo most content

- zero in game guild management tools

Off the top of my head.

Wait Wait I get it, there's not a button you can push to instantly transport you to a Flashpoint and fill your group with happy, skilled players.

Err, no. An active lfg that is cross server would only fix some of the problems, not all. But Bioware decided to make it single server only which is going to make no difference.

I always thought a keyboard, a friends list (you have to have friends for the list to work,) a guild (not required but very helpful if you like grouping for things), and the ability to socialize were all one needed to get a group for something.

Yep, spamming LFG for 3 hours is fun bro.

When the Aussies get to transfer and we don't, what will your reaction be?

First i'll slap another shrimp on the barbie, and then signal ma shiela on the didgeridoo, telling her about the pommie screws.

I'll probably then take a chicker brenk down to Ramsey Street to bang on at the billabong about the bloody barbie.

Gotcha cobba?

My reaction will be, "So what?"

guessing your on a server with more than 20 people on at peak times eh?

the razor population SUCKS... ill be pissed if they get transfers and we dont... i want all of my toons off this low pop pos server and on to one i can actually get a group more than once a week on.

So the aussies are bailing and making Dead servers extinct servers...Prime time on my server their is less than 100 republic people playing on the whole server period.....Merge this mess now or the exodus will happen i give it 6 months and i bet the servers go Age of Conan style from 100 - 6 or so.

I'm just curious here of what the overall community reactions is going to be when the Australians and everyone else that qualifies gets to transfer over to the oceanic servers, but the rest of us don't get to transfer off low pop servers.

I for one will be a bit annoyed by it, even given I left my low pop server to come over to The Harbringer to play with my wow guildies, but really want my lvl 50 smuggler over here now. So gang what's your reaction going to be?

See, this is what worries me. Instead of you saying good for them, you're thinking why should they get it when I'm not. There's too much of this kind of thinking. Too many posts saying endgame should get addressed, forget such and such, too much I don't like your playstyle, I should get what I want instead of you, etc.

We should all get what we want within reason. I want proper space, but I'm not bothered if say pvpers get a big update beforehand, just as long as I know it's coming. We are all one community, but if we bicker, and demand stuff at the expense of others it just leads to bitterness, and possibly confuses the devs as to what to do next, for whom.

Be happy for them, safe in the knowledge that you'll get your transfer in time :)

the razor population SUCKS... ill be pissed if they get transfers and we dont... i want all of my toons off this low pop pos server and on to one i can actually get a group more than once a week on.

This. im on the razor.. repubs population is terrible.. and empire isnt much better.

My reaction will be that "we had servers and they didn't, so now we're even" as well as "good work, BioWare." It is quite nice of them to support players that weren't "supposed" to be playing the game anyway.

As long as the transfers go smoothly, I'll also be excited for the rest of us to get transfers shortly afterwards. You can consider the Australians the guinea pigs.

More like the New Guinea pigs... hurr hurr hurrr

- travel time is entirely too long. To go from fleet to a planet is 4 load screens.

3-4 minutes is not that long. Seriously.

- heavily instanced segregated worlds.

No different from games like WoW with zones that have 5-10 players in them, if that.

- group rewards are terrible except for max level

No worse than other MMO games I've played.

- population is spread too thin over an unnessarily large group of servers

That was due to player issues at launch and a demand for more servers.

- no global chat channel

You can create one.

- low level heroic 2s and 4s require more people then are on planet

Heroic 2s can be done with 2 players, at the most. 4s can be done with 2-4 players depending on what companions are used, their level and how good they are.

- companions can be used to solo most content

That's like complaining I can solo most solo content in WoW. With a rogue.

- zero in game guild management tools

I'm sure they are working on that.

Off the top of my head.

Off the top of my head.

Err, no. An active lfg that is cross server would only fix some of the problems, not all. But Bioware decided to make it single server only which is going to make no difference.

Conjecture.

Yep, spamming LFG for 3 hours is fun bro.

Or you can ask players in the area...? OMG, talking to people...in a MMO! Outrageous.

Edited by terminova

I'll be happy for them and glad for the rest of the community, because it won't be long before xfers will be available for everyone.

I neither know nor care; I haven't grouped with anybody other than my wife since I started playing this game, nor am I likely to.

I am a casual player in the "This is as close to KOTOR3 as I'm going to get" camp.

First i'll slap another shrimp on the barbie, and then signal ma shiela on the didgeridoo, telling her about the pommie screws.

I'll probably then take a chicker brenk down to Ramsey Street to bang on at the billabong about the bloody barbie.

Gotcha cobba?

You kiss your momma with that mouth?

3-4 minutes is not that long. Seriously.

Its longer then that for some. Seriously.

No different from games like WoW with zones that have 5-10 players in them, if that.

WoW also has cross server LFG for all levels.

No worse than other MMO games I've played.

Fair point.

That was due to player issues at launch and a demand for more servers

Doesn't matter how or why. Its still an issue that hinders grouping

You can create one.

Heroic 2s can be done with 2 players, at the most. 4s can be done with 2-4 players depending on what companions are used, their level and how good they are.That's like complaining I can solo most solo content in WoW. With a rogue.

That doesn't change the fact that there aren't enough players to complete most group content at lower levels, and that being able to solo them means you have less of a need for other players, which discourages grouping.

I'm sure they are working on that.

Still discourages grouping.

Conjecture

Single server LFG won't solve anything on the servers with lower population, which is at least half and probably most of them.

All that it does is encourage people who didn't want to waste their time spamming LFG to join in. Yes, you'll get a few more people in then you would normally, I don't disagree with that. But on the smaller servers where 50-75 people is the norm on the fleet during prime-time, its not going to make much of a difference, and its probably going to have little to no impact on lower level content. If you only manage 50-75 people on fleet during primetime, then there is just no way you have that number in any other level range before, during or after.

You are failing to take into account here that a fair portion of the people playing the game who could care less about PvE content. Your also forgetting about the population at 50 who is raiding and could care less about flashpoints. Now your back down to a group of what, 30 people? 40? Out of 75? Not to mention that you still need to account for these other factors including but not limited to # of tanks, healers, people who run with their guild/friends, people who just don't want to do it that night....the list goes on.

At best, (absolutely best case scenario, perfect ratio of tanks/healers/dps who all are on at the same exact time and all want to do a FP) a single server LFG tool is going to get a half dozen to a dozen runs per night during prime-time and maybe 1-2 off peak on a large number of servers, and I still feel like that is generous. At worst, we're talking 1-3 groups a day max. The reality? I suspect 5-7 groups nightly, which would be up from the 1-3 we see now from people spamming LFG.

This is why it is not going to work. Cross server solves the problem of being limited to your ****** server to get basic content done. Yea, WoW sucks, I get it, but one of the great things about that game is I can log into their servers at any time in the day/night and get a BG/H Dungeon in.

Or you can ask players in the area...? OMG, talking to people...in a MMO! Outrageous.

"Yo, you wanna do a HM FP?"

"Don't you think if i did I would have answered your LFG spam if I wanted to?"