Where are the developers?!?!?

BillEverson

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The developers are communicating very clearly through their community manager... who says roll on another server.

So quit ************ that they aren't saying anything - they told you what to do. Throw away your whole 3 days of work (SOOOOOOO MUCH WORK I KNOW! PRETTY MUCH A LIFE'S MASTERPIECE!), move your guild, move your friends, and move to a server with a lower que.

Im sorry, SCREW THAT.

I am almost 30, some people around here are almost 50. Why the $%&* should we have to reroll?! BW should do something.

PS I posted this in read in hopes that people would repost this under your redundant posts in other threads.

Edited by Kashley

All the developers are probably all drunk, seeing how it's Friday night and the only thing waiting for them at work is a bunch of hate speeches on the forums (of which I contribute to because of several flawed mechanics in-game, read: not about que times that are largely irrelevant).

Why would I start another character again when type of character I chose I played with heaps. I want to go as far as I can with that character.

It would be good if we could use any server with our characters. Do any other mmo's do that?

No.

/char

Yeah except that when you get to the end there is an error 'server unavailable' and you goto the back of the queue again.

And most of the servers are full. Select another server and start your character again, what crap.

You sound really mad.

Typing in all caps next time might help.

Try it. You sound like the kind of person who could really get into it.

Over 5 min que time when you are paying 15 dollars a month is completely unacceptable. "Early access" was promised to people who preordered. These people are going to be paying customers. This long of que wait times does not constitute as "Early Access". >.< They've got to fix it and fix it NOW!

You aren't paying $15 a month until December 20th.

The developers are communicating very clearly through their community manager... who says roll on another server.

So quit ************ that they aren't saying anything - they told you what to do. Throw away your whole 3 days of work (SOOOOOOO MUCH WORK I KNOW! PRETTY MUCH A LIFE'S MASTERPIECE!), move your guild, move your friends, and move to a server with a lower que.

On a side note: Raising the server cap is not the issue. By raising the server cap, the servers become unstable and crash. Servers DO have physical limits, contrary to popular belief on these forums. Also contrary to belief, there is not a money slot on the server like a vending machine that you just throw a hundred dollar bill into and suddenly it holds 10 more people. It doesn't work that way.

They are asking people to spread out. Not unreasonable, just different than other companies, companies who usually have to deal with you same people complaining about ghost town servers in 3 months from now.

Note: This is in red in hopes that eventually I will stop seeing threads that I have to copy and paste this into.

The lower population servers will also be full once launch rolls around and we see an influx of another 1 million players.

+1

Also i don't really understand these bioware paragons? as if the silence is acceptable customer service?

No twitter does not *********** count.

Bioware is trying to have everything on their own terms.

It's going to bite them in the *** eventually (and probably already has.)

Right now as we speak there are developers who are.... SLEEPING... They can not help you with the server ques. This is not what developers do.. These are not the people you are looking for.

This is what developers do: (to start with)

Level designers - design playable levels, for characters to interact with

Character Designers - design playable characters to control, and non-playable character to interact with

Sound Designers - create, mix and synthesize sound effects that match different scenarios and actions in the game

Programmers - Make everything that is supposed to happen in the game work without noticeable flaws according to the Game Designer.

Animators - Animate actions for characters, scenes and objects to perform, as well as animating cut-scenes

TECHNICAL SUPPORT is working on the servers right now as we speak I guarantee it. Now you want answers? You want someone to tell you what the hell is going on?

Well you definitely don't want tech support doing it. I work tech support and you do not want Biowares BOFH coming in and telling you exactly what he thinks of your whining.

Still even he is not the person who would be telling you what is going on. That would be the job of the community managers, and seeing as they are normal people who have normal lives and normal families they are most liking at home or asleep. But they wouldn't have anything to tell you other than we are working on. See this is how this chain is going to happen you pack of ravenous nerds...

1.Players complain about the que.

2.Company assigns someone to watch the servers and decide if they need to add more or increase the size. This cannot be decided in only one night they will need to observe for a few DAYS to see if this is going to be normal traffic or if people are all just trying to roll on the "cool" server.

3.Server monkey reports that servers need to have their cap increased.

4.Community managers tell BOFH that server size needs to be increased

5.BOFH has to take down the servers to increase this size tells the CM to let the players know.

6.CM let the players know.

7. Players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

8.BOFH takes at least a few hours or so to increase the size of all the servers

9.Players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

10.Community Managers ask people to be patient.

11.Players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

12.BOFH is done with the server size increase, and asks the programmers and developers to insure he did not break anything moving data around and there are no unforeseen problems.

13. Players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

14. There are no issues... move to number 17

15. There are issues that need to be fixed.

16. Players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

17. These issues are fixed/non existent and servers are brought back online slowly.

18. Certain players ***** whine and moan that they can't play the game.

19. The game is up and running on all servers.

20. Players ***** whine and moan about something new they found in the game.

BTW BOFH= Bastard Operator from hell...

BTW those of you crying about when this is going to be done and why they haven't said anything?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=28168

BOOM!

Has there been a Bioware response to any of these threads?

no, they have been hiding since day 1. a couple stupid twitters here and there, with no real information and of course no useful proposals. but they are completly absent from the forums.

they are ignoring us. I wonder if they will like it when our money ignores their bank account

Edited by blackcerberus

no, they have been hiding since day 1. a couple stupid twitters here and there, with no real information and of course no useful proposals. but they are completly absent from the forums.

they are ignoring us. I wonder if they will like it when our money ignores their bank account

Again

READ!!!!

R-E-A-D..

What do you think will be happening during that down time? Sexy parties? Tea parties? Chasing a naked Katy Perry around with feather dusters?

Programmers - Make everything that is supposed to happen in the game work without noticeable flaws according to the Game Designer.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT is working on the servers right now as we speak I guarantee it. Now you want answers? You want someone to tell you what the hell is going on?

Well you definitely don't want tech support doing it. I work tech support and you do not want Biowares BOFH coming in and telling you exactly what he thinks of your whining.

BOOM!

The Senior Community Manager and other CM's jobs is to relay the issues that are arising on the forums. Sitting in a queue is one thing. Being forced to sit in that queue again because your client crashed or your net disconnected you briefly is unacceptable.

Programmers and Technical Support both are responsible for this design flaw. No other MMO forces you to re-navigate the queue if your disconnected briefly.