Possible healers abusing WZ ratings ...

Sanke

I am a agent op healer playing under 50's WZ .... my disclaimer

I have becone to notice other healers who are using abilities to heal but only on full health people and not participating in general of the WZ, but focusing on full health people and continually heal them.

Is this an abuse and regular?

Are they just trying to boost their stats for MVP points even when they dont count sub-50?

I can't speak for others, but as a Trooper/BH it's easy to stack up Supercharges by healing people at full health (typically due to a lull in combat, or waiting for the gates to open). It doesn't actually add to your healing done in any way. Could this be what you're seeing? Edited by Lashknife

OK, noob moment, but I thought healing someone at full health was not counted towards the score, only when deficit HP goes up.

That said, as a scoundrel healer, I'll HoT up my teammates as a form of "proactive" healing, and also to get my upper hand proc. I'd be interested to hear if this pre-healing has been counted all along.

But why would someone heal full teammates when there are dying teammates right around them? The only reason I can see a healer mending full-heath teammates is when they're guarding a node with them, and bored.

Sometimes people like to "heal" others at full health just to test their numbers or show off, but why someone would do it in a warzone when there are people who really DO need healing is beyond me.

These players you see are not abusing anything, they are simply occupying digital space and contributing nothing to the battle.

Get a tank to pull them into the fire for you, maybe they'll stop queuing up if they start getting killed by their own team mates.

^What the previous 4 comments said.

Healing someone who is at 100% health counts for 0 health healed, 0 contributions made. If there are other people around dropping like flies and said healer is still concentrating on the one person then maybe it's one of the many healers who got fed up getting no protection from team mates while healing in WZs and found someone who will. You watch my back and I'll heal yours? Maybe... just a thought.

Are they just trying to boost their stats for MVP points even when they dont count sub-50?

Why would MVP points not count pre-50? You still get valor for them at any level.

And what everyone else said. You get 0 healing stats for not raising someones health.

I am a agent op healer playing under 50's WZ .... my disclaimer

I have becone to notice other healers who are using abilities to heal but only on full health people and not participating in general of the WZ, but focusing on full health people and continually heal them.

Is this an abuse and regular?

this wont register on the scoreboards or medal count. You basically can't heal someone that is not damaged.

It gets worse. If you do a 6k heal and the guy only had 4k worth of damage you do not get the 5k medal.

So basically what you're saying can't happen.

This happens to me sometimes just because of timing. Sometimes I am targeting someone for a heal and they are healed by another player first, my heal still goes off and they are "healed" at full health. Most of the time, I try to interrupt the heal in progress, but cannot always stop the spell.

It also can happen because of lag. There can be a slight UI lag in the WZs (at least for me). If I am healing people, the UI may show a deficit where the bar above their heads does not. (And I personally favor using the ops frames in general because of the difficulty I have targeting a specific person's hit box when there is a large group of people fighting.) To be safe, I always heal the deficit I see in the UI - just in case. This too can result in over healing.

... healing at full health counts for 0, only actuall HP healed is counted.

/endthread

Yep, you can't get the healing medals if someone is a maximum health. The only healer who can boost their healing done would be Sorc/Sages who can take away part of their health and then reheal themselves to full.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.