Instaneously reusable med stim?

Blloodbane

I just saw this gunslinger as I was beating on them, just constantly spam stims... I saw them nject it AS I was beating on them and heal to full...FREAKING SERIOUSLY!?

You didnt see a problem with this in advance?

Sounds like an operative/scoundrel healing themselves with kolto injection and you didn't pay attention to the cast bar.

Sounds like an operative/scoundrel healing themselves with kolto injection and you didn't pay attention to the cast bar.

No I did pay attention.. there was NO cast bar.... and they were injecting you could see them do it and the blue ripples across them...

The cooldown was instaneous... they spammed them one after the other.

Edited by Blloodbane

Yeah emergency medpack looks like a stim on yourself and it's very spammable if your under 30% with it talented. If you use it on someone else it looks like a really fast hookshot.

Yeah emergency medpack looks like a stim on yourself and it's very spammable if your under 30% with it talented. If you use it on someone else it looks like a really fast hookshot.

Emer medpack is spammable with a 1.7-2.5s induction depending on talents/alacrity. It looks just like a stim...btw, he might have been popping armor/power as well.

1 rakata + 1 crit on Emer Medpack = 9-ish k health pretty easy. 5,500 crits come fairly often as well on Emer medpack. That's maybe upwards of 16k over 5 seconds.

I generally had no problem 1v1 on my operative standing there and outhealing most folks dps me. Marauders and gunslingers/operatives were the occasional exception; I'd have to stun the good ones and book to find some help.

Edited by OldSwab

Yea it wasnt that either because they spam healed to full.

They get 3 total HoTs. Two that stack and their AOE heal. The two that stack trigger a tactical advantage that let them spam their instant. So chances are, you had them wounded below 30%, they spammed instant which can easily take you from 30% to 50% in one crit. They had another tactic up so they spammed again. By then, the HoT triggered another tactic as well as healed them more and they spammed again another time to counter all the damage you did. Edited by Zilrota
removed insult

Yea it wasnt that either because they spam healed to full.

Emergency med pack is spammable when they are less than 30% health. It's very nice b/c it buys time for another healer to get a proper heal off on you. I think what you saw was that he was spamming his emergency medpack ability until another healer was able to get a good heal on him.

They get 3 total HoTs. Two that stack and their AOE heal. The two that stack trigger a tactical advantage that let them spam their instant. So chances are, you had them wounded below 30%, they spammed instant which can easily take you from 30% to 50% in one crit. They had another tactic up so they spammed again. By then, the HoT triggered another tactic as well as healed them more and they spammed again another time to counter all the damage you did.

Exactly, people should read up on classes before QQing about medpacks.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insults from quote

Those dang tricky scoundrels/operatives must be cheatin!

And I saw a sage jump through fire and take no damage!.... CHEATIN!

I saw a Marauder jump on me TWICE!.... CHEATIN!

LOL

The disadvantage of a game without a combat log; if you havent seen it before it must be a hack. =P

I just saw this gunslinger as I was beating on them, just constantly spam stims... I saw them nject it AS I was beating on them and heal to full...FREAKING SERIOUSLY!?

call the bioware police squad, he's hacking/cheating/exploiting!!!!!!!@!!!!11one

/sarcasm

l2p

Edited by FourTwent

Emergency med pack is spammable when they are less than 30% health. It's very nice b/c it buys time for another healer to get a proper heal off on you. I think what you saw was that he was spamming his emergency medpack ability until another healer was able to get a good heal on him.

Yea, after further looking in to, its that med pack...

Edited by Zilrota
edited post, rude

What spec in gunslinger has EMP?

So, just a question for the hostile e-thugs here telling people to L2P and other nonsense... "you can't just dps and expect to win"

what exactly could he have done?

No, really. There's nothing you can do to prevent an op/scoundrel from healing because there's really nothing to interrupt. You won't kill him during a stun, either. The only way to do it is to save up all your dps cooldowns and stuns and blow it all at once.

Edited by Ahhmyface

But anyway as it requires TA, you can actually just wait your stun out till hes about 30%, Scoundrel/Operative healers don't require you do continually wear them down, they are squishy and their gimmick is emergency medical pack which does not return TA unless the target is below 30%... so get the HP low then stun and its usually game over you can even wait for their giggle rotation to start as a sign that you should stun. Edited by Zilrota
removed removed quote

Emergency Medpac really doesn't heal for all that much. Against a weak DPS with your HOTs also running it may just about match the damage you're taking but really all it does is buy you a bit of time. Keep hitting him and don't let him use UWM (interrupt, etc.) and he'll go down eventually. You are not going to heal yourself back up to full with EMP while still taking solid damage.

So, just a question for the hostile e-thugs here telling people to L2P and other nonsense... "you can't just dps and expect to win"

No, really. There's nothing you can do to prevent an op/scoundrel from healing because there's really nothing to interrupt. You won't kill him during a stun, either. The only way to do it is to save up all your dps cooldowns and stuns and blow it all at once.

Just because you can't kill and operative/scoundrel at 30% health with a 4 second stun doesn't mean everyone else can't baddie.

you can't expect to be able to kill everyone 1v1. that logic is nonsense

what the person did do though was keep that healer out of the fight. if he was forced to keep himself alive then he wasn't healing his warzone teammates(aka that person did a good job distracting the healer)

what a great example of an uninformed player running immediately to the forums to cry hacks/overpowered because they couldnt easily beat someone

this is really starting the get ridiculous, if i had a nickel for every post like this i would probably be a millionaire

what a great example of an uninformed player running immediately to the forums to cry hacks/overpowered because they couldnt easily beat someone

this is really starting the get ridiculous, if i had a nickel for every post like this i would probably be a millionaire

Excuse me....yet again...

Read my post please... I did NOT say they used a hack or a cheat... gotta love someone that paraphrases you...

Edited by Blloodbane