Force camo

Jindrak

Considering the buff this is getting, does it really need to have the vanish component? I've never understood why a class that has NO stealth capabilities gets a skill like this. Does chaff flare make the merc invisible? how about cloud mind? do your enemies forget where you are?

Assassin/ shadow= stealth

OP/ scound= stealth

mara/ sent= ???***

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really understood the invis mechanic either.

It's like the developers behind it thought, 'Hmm... what can we do to make Force users the overwhelming majority? Welp, let's give the highest DPS in the game stealth as well. That'll do it.'

Because they need a second one, right?

was talking to a trooper the other day and he was talking about getting his leap. . .and he already had the pull. . .so if they can have 2, why can't we(btw i'd much rather have a pull than force camo)

Trooper getting leap and pull= deep tank spec. Marauder dps getting charge+ lots of heavy burst and bleeds, then 99% dmg redux topped off with a vanish?

Seems like too many eggs in 1 basket imo.

Trooper getting leap and pull= deep tank spec. Marauder dps getting charge+ lots of heavy burst and bleeds, then 99% dmg redux topped off with a vanish?

How many Ranged attacks do Marauders have? How about Guard?

Don't forget our amazing CC...oh...wait...but at least Guarded by the Force doesn't cost 50% of our health...oh...wait...don't forget our best burst spec isn't the bleed one...oh...wait...

Edited by dschlan

Considering the buff this is getting, does it really need to have the vanish component? I've never understood why a class that has NO stealth capabilities gets a skill like this. Does chaff flare make the merc invisible? how about cloud mind? do your enemies forget where you are?

Assassin/ shadow= stealth

OP/ scound= stealth

mara/ sent= ???***

it's an aggro drop in pve and an escape in pvp.

It's not really a gap closer either.

If you are dying to a tank spec'd vanguard, you are playing terribly.

sigh... seriously lets just throw all of the classes talent abilities into one sentance and then complain about them being OP'ed...

All the FOTM mara/sents crying over this post is yum. And I was just commenting about how out of place it is to give them a vanish mechanic. What if out of the blue, snipers got a heal? or juggernauts got a ranged attack was spammable? Wouldnt it be out of place? and kind of OP?

If you are dying to a tank spec'd vanguard, you are playing terribly.

If a tank spec Vanguard isn't outright murdering a Marauder in a very one-sided fight then the Vanguard is doing something terribly wrong.

Seriously, tank specs are specifically designed to kill Sentinels/Marauders. It's the only class that their defensive abilities work exceptionally well against. The slow attack rate of Gunslingers/Snipers doesn't cause anywhere near as much tank talent procs as the relentless lightsaber swings.

NO force camo is NOT getting a buff. In my case it is getting a nerf.

I have 4 seconds of stealth with 100% damage resistance. How is 6 seconds stealth with 50% resistance a buff?

agreed. no more using force camo to run through fire pits in huttball :(

Oh look, people who don't play a class complaining about a class they know nothing about. Cool, nothing to see here people, move along.

I have a 43 marauder. I still don't think it makes sense for them to have vanish. Move along.

I have a 43 marauder. I still don't think it makes sense for them to have vanish. Move along.

I have a 50 Sentinel (played Sentinel since day 1 of early access). I think it makes sense for them to have vanish. Move along.

Force camo =/= gap closer

Doesn't need to be.

Whatever you consider Force Camo to be, it's unnecessary. Force Leap is your gap closer, and Guarded by the Force is your insanely good defensive cooldown.

Force Camo is a little cutesy tool that the devs imagined would be an interesting, and absolutely random addition to the game.

Force camo =/= gap closer

Enemy can't see you and can't target you and you can use it in combat. You use that time to reposition yourself without getting stunned/slowed. It is a gap closer.

inb4 Cloaking screen has a 2 min CD talented.

Doesn't need to be.

Whatever you consider Force Camo to be, it's unnecessary. Force Leap is your gap closer, and Guarded by the Force is your insanely good defensive cooldown.

Force Camo is a little cutesy tool that the devs imagined would be an interesting, and absolutely random addition to the game.

And yet I still kill them, you need to learn to play your class.

And yet I still kill them, you need to learn to play your class.

Lol.

A little insecure, are we? You really seemed to jump the gun about making your epeen as big and impressive as possible.

Whether I kill them or not was never the issue. As it stands, Sentinels never use Force Camo to kill me. They use it to run away from me.

The issue, was that it's a completely unnecessary skill. Anything that Force Camo does, Sentinels already have a sufficient skill for. Unneeded skill is unneeded.

Doesn't need to be.

Undying rage is more like a last stand...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.