The Official Kill Luke Skywalker Thread.

TheBentOne

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you watched the movies?

All Luke and Anakin does is whine, whine, whine, whine, and just when you think they are doing whining, they whine some more.

Well, Anakin whined all through the prequels. Luke stopped at the beginning of RotJ, and only whined twice after that, so that's something he has over his old man right there.

Well, Anakin whined all through the prequels. Luke stopped at the beginning of RotJ, and only whined twice after that, so that's something he has over his old man right there.

I never really looked at it as..'whining' whining to me is a 5 year old banging his head on the floor till blood comes out of his ears because he can't get candy. I never really saw the two 'whining' without it being a good reason.

I never really looked at it as..'whining' whining to me is a 5 year old banging his head on the floor till blood comes out of his ears because he can't get candy. I never really saw the two 'whining' without it being a good reason.

Anakin: I should be more powerful! I deserve it, but they're standing in my waaaayyyyy!!!!

Slight exaggeration, and to be fair, he whined less as a little kid than he did as a Jedi Knight. :p

Yoda was ultimately right about him, though.

Edited by Captain_Zone

Anakin: I should be more powerful! I deserve it, but they're standing in my waaaayyyyy!!!!

Slight exaggeration, and to be fair, he whined less as a little kid than he did as a Jedi Knight. :p

Except last I checked, the jedi were in his way. Due to the whole "clouded his future is" and "much fear I sense in him" also "we don't grant permission to train the boy" I say that they were holding him back...at least until he became a jedi knight anyway. I mean how would you feel if you were apart of a group, and the others in the group didn't like you or told you you couldn't do something but were obviously qualified for?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Except last I checked, the jedi were in his way. Due to the whole "clouded his future is" and "much fear I sense in him" also "we don't grant permission to train the boy" I say that they were holding him back...at least until he became a jedi knight anyway. I mean how would you feel if you were apart of a group, and the others in the group didn't like you or told you you couldn't do something but were obviously qualified for?

Yoda was, ultimately, right about him.

I realize that, but if the jedi had trusted him more then perhaps things would have worked out differently.

The darkness was already there. Yoda saw it. When he went Old Testament on the Sand People that murdered his mother, he should have been kicked from the Order. But instead of sanctioning him, they just said ummm.... and let it slide, apparently. What is up with that?

The darkness was already there. Yoda saw it. When he went Old Testament on the Sand People that murdered his mother, he should have been kicked from the Order. But instead of sanctioning him, they just said ummm.... and let it slide, apparently. What is up with that?

A 2nd chance type of thing perhaps? Or actually, maybe they didn't have time to seeing as they had bigger fish to fry. Sides....can you really blame Anakin for what he did? I mean the Sand People are monsters, and they did torture to death someone he loved.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

His be all end all role chokes off the development of actually interesting characters like Kyp, Saba, Cighal ect.

Is there anything preventing writing for creating new characters and not including the OT characters? I don't know if Lucas Arts keeps that tight a grip or not, forcing writers to only write stories including those characters?

Is there anything preventing writing for creating new characters and not including the OT characters? I don't know if Lucas Arts keeps that tight a grip or not, forcing writers to only write stories including those characters?

Nope nothing at all, its just that(more then likely) authors don't wanna come up with a new character give them a bunch of skills and such and have people try and like the character they made.

Have you watched the movies?

All Luke and Anakin does is whine, whine, whine, whine, and just when you think they are doing whining, they whine some more.

Actually you want to blame someone for that blame the writers of the script.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

A 2nd chance type of thing perhaps? Or actually, maybe they didn't have time to seeing as they had bigger fish to fry. Sides....can you really blame Anakin for what he did? I mean the Sand People are monsters, and they did torture to death someone he loved.

As a human being not held to a high standard as a Jedi Knight, no. I don't blame him one little bit. Now, as a Jedi, he crossed the line in a major way. Jedi are, to put it bluntly, super powered Republic Feds. He abused his power and authority by slaughtering every man, woman, and child in that camp. He was, in all actuallity, a criminal right then and there. Yes, he lost his mother to them. Would I do the same in his situation? Yes. And then some. Does that make what he did right? No.

He was about as unstable as they get already. That was just the icing on the cake, and made it even easier for Palpatine to get under his skin.

As a human being not held to a high standard as a Jedi Knight, no. I don't blame him one little bit. Now, as a Jedi, he crossed the line in a major way. Jedi are, to put it bluntly, super powered Republic Feds. He abused his power and authority by slaughtering every man, woman, and child in that camp. He was, in all actuallity, a criminal right then and there. Yes, he lost his mother to them. Would I do the same in his situation? Yes. And then some. Does that make what he did right? No.

He was about as unstable as they get already. That was just the icing on the cake, and made it even easier for Palpatine to get under his skin.

Yes he did cross the line, but the jedi gave him a second chance and to be fair. He was doing quite well up until he had those visions(well...minus decapitating Dooku) of Padme dying. Which of course, became the final straw...THE LAST STRAW!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes he did cross the line, but the jedi gave him a second chance and to be fair. He was doing quite well up until he had those visions(well...minus decapitating Dooku) of Padme dying. Which of course, became the final straw...THE LAST STRAW!

Yeah, that was a pretty messed up thing to do. Instead of taking Dooku into custody, he once again went all vigilante...

And I still believe Dooku had the best delivery of a line in the entire trilogy.

You cannot kill Luke Skywalker!!! He blew up the Death Star and returned balance to the Force by getting rid of that nasty Emperor and bringing the chosen one, Anakin Vader! back into the light! What creature in the galaxy would even think to have the slightest possibilty to kill Luke?

I'm afraid this thread has to go into my weekly report to the Jedi Council with a "Disturbance To The Force" tag attached!

i dont care about any of the reasons you gave, i just want him dead because i hate him... nuff' said.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Stop hating on Luke. He's the Grand Master for a reason. He's dead by the time of Legacy, isn't that enough for you? Just let the dude die of old age.

I guess he doesn’t have to die. Maybe have him retire, or pull a Revan and leave the known galaxy searching for some vaguely specified threat only to reappear 300 years later completely insane.

The important thing is for him to stop actively participating in galactic events so we can get new stories about new characters.

Kill Luke Skywalker: He is an OP

Well that sounds counterproductive. If you strike a Jedi down they become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Doesn't solve your problem, I'm afraid. Only exacerbates it.

Also, Mara Jade wanted to kill Luke Skywalker, and she ended up marrying him. So be careful what you wish for...

Edited by DarthRobert