Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of ridiculous that your internet drops for about 5 seconds and you have to wait 2 hours to get back in queue. I can't wait to see how horrific the queues will be once the game officially goes live FFS.

There were pretty bad queue times at first in Rift, but they fixed that very quickly by enabling free server transfers. Maybe Bioware should take note.

Edited by Vodon

I'm all for a grace period, but I'd be 10x more happy if they fixed their damn server queues. The queue is the real problem here. Sorry, but I almost NEVER have had to wait in queues this long for MMOs. Maybe fore EVE Online because there are NO SHARDS, but this game has tons of shards. There is no excuse for server queues to be this long. If this is what it's like on early release, I am absolutely terrified of what launch is going to be like. I'll be sitting in line for weeks.

I logged in and got into a 384 person queue, I waited it out and finally logged in figuring I was lucky because some people are looking at much higher queue waits. Then I entered a hutt ball game about 3-4 minutes after I logged in and got the the middle of the room and the game crashed. This is the first time the game has ever crashed on me so whatever... I log back in and there are 500 people in queue in front of me.

This means I'm not playing tonight, way too much effort to be honest.

I got the black screen of death, so I logged back in and had to wait 30min to get back on. I needed a break anyways. Now after the wait, I selected my character and waited for it to load. I got into the game and one second after getting in, my game crashes again. So I reboot the game and no queue. Wait for the character to load and as soon as it does the game crashes. Now I have to wait another 30min to have my game crash again. Anyone have a link to the thread on game crashing?

I've been having issues on my end which leads to me disconnecting EVERY 3-10 minutes due to someone constantly using the phone, (and no I can't keep them away from the phone) and It constantly gives me a log in error every time I try to log into my server. which means I have to close the game, re open it, gives me the log in error all over again and again. Sometimes I have to close the game four times before I can get back into the que and guess what?! I can be any where from 35 to 65 in the que and end up 187th.

Can people who get DC'd in a que please be able to get back into the que with out these damn log in errors, and please let us retain our position instead of kicking us back to the line. I've spent the last two hours getting in maybe playing for twenty minutes before getting disconnected by my room mate and spending time getting frustrated.

A server migration is going to be a must after this. Im sure pretty atleast 60% of the people had clans and the auto placement system from Biowares infastructure. That said, Either people piled onto one server or the system had a backlash and piled up one server at a time to cause queues.

Better to start migrating clans now rather then later before friends get split apart from the server. I know this is Bioware's first MMO type and dealing with servers. Just dont make the mistake WoW did and wait for server migrations way to late (Late as in Burning Crusade expansion).

Yes however, I am still for a good grace period.

So the entire group was killed in Tarel V. when we released to a med center the game crash for all of us and put us in a 1k person que....

happened twice now, clearly problems with that instance please fix. I do not want to wait in a 1k person que for over an hour and a half to retyry and it happen again.

/signed I have been sitting in front of my computer since 1 P.M. CST now i don't mind waiting 1 or even 2 hours to get on to the server but when i still havn't connected 7 hours later because i sit in my hour que get to 30 or less people dc then come back to a new 800 person que i want to rip my hair out.... and for those of you saying switch servers when you have 20+ friends and a guild on the same server as you and when you started on your server it wasnt full then switching servers with level 20+ characters and 30-40+ people you are wanting to play with switching servers isn't a solution... sorry for the long rant just been wanting to play all day NERD RAGE RAGE RAGE

D-d-did they just fix it?! I dc'd and got back on right away. :eek:

I think they have a grace period if you were already logged on but the problem lies when u dc while your in que before you get on it resets your que position which is very very annoying imo been waiting 7 total hours to play gg internet and no grace period while in que

Yep. This is a major flaw. Especially considering the queue on my server at prime time seems to be around a hour.

at 1 PM my server started with a 400+ que i have been dcing around the 30 or less people mark every time now my server has an 850+ que and im still trying to get my internet stable long enough to get in anchorhead players FTW

YEAH! SEVER QUES ALREADY THIS SUCKS BIG ONE!

CASUE I JUST GOT INTO THE GAME AFTER 45 minute wait...got ERROR 9000 AND went to log in again now i am on 50 MINUTE WAIT 496 in line...

I REALLY HOPE COME RELEASE THEY OPEN ABOUT 20+ SEVERS...

CAUSE I GET A FEW HOURS TO PLAY A DAY IF I AM LUCKy. I DONT WANNA SPEND HALF THAT IN A FREAKING QUE.. I HAVE A DAY JOB SO I HAVE TO GET ON DURING PEAK HOURS..

EITHER THAT OR EXPAND SERVER COPASSITY WHERE THEY CAN HAVE 1000 MORE PER SEVER...

I think they have a grace period if you were already logged on but the problem lies when u dc while your in que before you get on it resets your que position which is very very annoying imo been waiting 7 total hours to play gg internet and no grace period while in que

Nope, I was logged in and DC for less than 5 seconds and got stuck with a 600+ queue =/

/signed becouse if its not better before I have to pay to pick up my CE editon I will check back with the game after6 months and let them either make it or break it. "The Harbinger" server was a NA server but its now been proclaimed a Aussie server and there using stay awake software and BIO does nothing about it and its been reported. ENOUGH ALREADY!:mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.