Reasons to Stick Around?

Acheilus

Guys we all wanted this game to rock and I feel all of your pains trust me.

Instead of the game rocking I feel like I got "hit by a rock in the head" when I think of what could have been but obviously will not be. Hard to swallow for me but I can't see how I could stick around anymore.

Your fault for having high expectations based on nothing. :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys we all wanted this game to rock and I feel all of your pains trust me.

Instead of the game rocking I feel like I got "hit by a rock in the head" when I think of what could have been but obviously will not be. Hard to swallow for me but I can't see how I could stick around anymore.

Yet you keep posting about it.....:rolleyes:

Rift, LOTRO, Runescape, City of Heroes, and others all do a good job of releasing new content at least bimonthly.

LOTRO never had bimonthly updates before f2p, and there was a drought of like 9+ months of no content right before the transition.

Edited by Skoobie

They need to call it Patch 1.2 Rise of the Fanboys.

Game losing subs , because Bioware doestn deliver.

This update brought a tiny portion of much needed fixes/updates and even then there is no eta on update and keep postponing it.

There is less qq on forums because lot of people left , very soon you fanboys will be playing with each other , rejoice.

This game has worst fanboy community i have ever seen in any game, wow forums and barrens chat has nothing on you , you are clearly superior , if someone disagrees with you , you send them straight back to wow .

I will not be playing wow i have the game , free 7 days , free 80 and 7 other chars 80+ and i am done with Warcraft. Dont waste your breath telling me to play with pandas, wont work.

Name one MMO that gives new content every couple of months.

edit - I do miss fishing...

Rift.

They are quite amazing at keeping content flowing.

Patches

x.x-dd/mm/yy

1.1-30/03/11

1.2-11/05/11

1.3-23/06/11

1.4-04/08/11

1.5-29/09/11

etc.

Bottom-line, this is essentially a multiplayer KOTOR, with dlc every 3 months or so. It could have, and should have been so much more. Next time, don't waste your immensely large budget on VOICE ACTING, and then have to suffer on all other fronts.

They need to call it Patch 1.2 Rise of the Fanboys.

Game losing subs , because Bioware doestn deliver.

This update brought a tiny portion of much needed fixes/updates and even then there is no eta on update and keep postponing it.

There is less qq on forums because lot of people left , very soon you fanboys will be playing with each other , rejoice.

This game has worst fanboy community i have ever seen in any game, wow forums and barrens chat has nothing on you , you are clearly superior , if someone disagrees with you , you send them straight back to wow .

I will not be playing wow i have the game , free 7 days , free 80 and 7 other chars 80+ and i am done with Warcraft. Dont waste your breath telling me to play with pandas, wont work.

Fine, don't go back to wow... just go.

EQ1 had all of these things. It's clearly the superior MMO.

ಠ_ಠ

Considering EQ1 maintained something like 70% of its opening day subscribers for 2 years (and added many more to them) Id say EQ was the superior MMORPG.

So not sure what your point is about.

In a era where there was far less player pool to draw from EQ managed to bring in over 2 million subscribers to their game.

TOR drawing from a HUGE pool of players has brought in close to same (and they not subbing for 2 years, thats for sure).

Yup, based on numbers, EQ was the better MMORPG.

Add to fact that all MMORPGs now adays use the core design set forth by EQ (be it WOW, TOR, RIFT) Id say EQs impact on this genre is 1st and no one else is even close to impact the genre like EQ did.

So while I know your "trying" to be sarcastic, your just coming off as uninformed and uneducated!

Big smile!

Big smile!

Bottom-line, this is essentially a multiplayer KOTOR, with dlc every 3 months or so. It could have, and should have been so much more. Next time, don't waste your immensely large budget on VOICE ACTING, and then have to suffer on all other fronts.

You expect way too much. That's YOUR problem, not the games'.

Considering EQ1 maintained something like 70% of its opening day subscribers for 2 years (and added many more to them) Id say EQ was the superior MMORPG.

So not sure what your point is about.

In a era where there was far less player pool to draw from EQ managed to bring in over 2 million subscribers to their game.

TOR drawing from a HUGE pool of players has brought in close to same (and they not subbing for 2 years, thats for sure).

Yup, based on numbers, EQ was the better MMORPG.

Add to fact that all MMORPGs now adays use the core design set forth by EQ (be it WOW, TOR, RIFT) Id say EQs impact on this genre is 1st and no one else is even close to impact the genre like EQ did.

So while I know your "trying" to be sarcastic, your just coming off as uninformed and uneducated!

Big smile!

Big smile!

So are you, without any links to back up what you just said.

Things are starting to become repetitive. My group and I plan on sticking around for awhile longer, until another MMO grabs our interest. SWTOR is fun but plays more like a good single-player game then an MMO (to us). Edited by Stugotz

You expect way too much. That's YOUR problem, not the games'.

Haha, I expect to much for a game that I pay for monthly. I hope you aren't ever the head of a business. Usually, it doesn't help anyone's case if you hope to fix a problem by telling people that they expect to much.

At least you pretty much admitted that this game isn't as good as it should be, and that all of us who wanted this game to flourish simply "expected to much".

You sir win this conversation.

Rift.

They are quite amazing at keeping content flowing.

Patches

x.x-dd/mm/yy

1.1-30/03/11

1.2-11/05/11

1.3-23/06/11

1.4-04/08/11

1.5-29/09/11

etc.

Fluff and nonsense you mean... Lets take the last one... Smash balloons for a week or so... Then follow a balloon for a week or so... Then one shot drunken guys in your own capital for a week... Yeh Super interesting. And all for what... A new mount. And er beads... er beads for what... all the stuff from the last events, which involved plant pots, killing dancing girls, racing around Sanctum as a sea urchin.. and now its the carnival. Rift is a real kids game and is struggling to find any big content to release. All they have conjured up in one year is an Isle of Quel'Danas... They are a million miles from an expansion. All they will keep doing is feeding sweets to the kids so they can get their new mounts. So next month.. I dunno... more Dragon Tears to take down for some kind of reward. Its all fluff and nonsense... I have grown to hate the bloody thing. Its truly crap.

Haha, I expect to much for a game that I pay for monthly. I hope you aren't ever the head of a business. Usually, it doesn't help anyone's case if you hope to fix a problem by telling people that they expect to much.

At least you pretty much admitted that this game isn't as good as it should be, and that all of us who wanted this game to flourish simply "expected to much".

You sir win this conversation.

I never admitted any such thing. There is not one single game out there that does what you would like it to do. Not one.

And yes, I DID win this conversation.

Haha, he demands a works cited. QUICK, TO EASY BIB!

Yes, I would like to see where it is said that EQ1 held over 70% of their starting player base for the first four months.

I'm not saying it didn't, but I would like to see it.

See, when someone starts posting numbers without any backup, and then tells the person they quoted that they sound uninformed, it doesn't add up.

Edited by Skoobie

Is that why they say SWTOR has the highest retention rate from launch?

You believe that because EA announced it? It's called PR..

TOR probably has the highest subscriber NUMBERS for a western MMO. And that was months ago. There's no way you can convince me there are still 1.7 million people playing this game. I think a lot of people ended up getting 3 or 6 month subscriptions. Population is already bombing and most of the servers are ghost towns.

About your other mmo, was there more "quality" content for the first 4 months compared to SWTOR?

they wouldnt know,the "other mmo"they probably joined after years of the game having content in it so they have no clue about fresh mmos and the amount of content they have

and yeah,from the amount of unhappy people right now.i seriously doubt this game still has 1.7 million people in it,i doubt it even has 1 million,more unhappy people then happy people i see as far as this game goes

Edited by CrunkShizzle