At What Point Will Swtor Not Be a "New Release?"

BCBull

Unfortunately, it's not just the MMO players, but today's gamers in general:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/video-games/controller-freak/gamer-entitlement-on-the-rise-call-of-duty-fans-call-for-24-hour-blackout/article2387353/

"Given this new climate, were I a game maker I’d strongly close the tap on the flow of pre-release information and reconsider giving any pre-launch interviews. At the very least I’d force my staff into some intense media training sessions outlining all of the topics that ought not to be broached prior to sitting down with journalists or bloggers. After all, why offer tantalizing words about the concepts you’re trying to construct when fans now seem bound to spitefully throw them back in your face if, in their minds, you fail to succeed?"

(and that is from just yesterday)

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/184645-3-severe-cases-of-gamer-entitlement

And this is just sickening: http://www.gamespot.com/features/the-dangers-of-gamer-entitlement-6350732/

Notice how all those articles are from within the last 2 months.

If anything, it's at least good to see other outlets discussing the issue.

Great reads in there, thank you for taking the time to compile them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect their brain is right where it should be. Looks to me like they fully intended for this game to be one that encourages alts and appreciating the story lines as well as the leveling process as opposed to most other MMOs where leveling is just an obstacle to get over in order to get to the good stuff.

TLDR: Their brain is in the right place, if you ask me. :)

If you feel that justifies paying a monthly fee... Whatever floats your boat I guess. Diablo 3 will do for me in that direction. Or Skyrim. Or Mass Effect 3. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

If you feel that justifies paying a monthly fee... Whatever floats your boat I guess. Diablo 3 will do for me in that direction. Or Skyrim. Or Mass Effect 3. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

I'll be playing Skyrim, D3 and ME3. I can play more than one game at a time!

And yes, it absolutely does justify paying a monthly fee for all the fun I'm having.

I'll be playing Skyrim, D3 and ME3. I can play more than one game at a time!

And yes, it absolutely does justify paying a monthly fee for all the fun I'm having.

Okok I respect that. SWTOR must be giving you at least 5 times as much fun as it costs about 5 times as much for the same kind of experience. I guess you're a true star wars fan. Carry on!

Okok I respect that. SWTOR must be giving you at least 5 times as much fun as it costs about 5 times as much for the same kind of experience. I guess you're a true star wars fan. Carry on!

Actually I'm not a SW fan at all. In fact, I rather dislike sci-fi.

Not sure where you're going with the 5x a much cost there. Unless I misunderstand you, I pay an avg. of 60 for a single player game, play it through, usually once, sometimes more if there are different routes and/or stories. This usually takes a matter of weeks with a single player game. Thus, it's about 60 a month as opposed to 15.

So either I misunderstood you or I have no idea the point you were trying to get across to me. If so, sorry!

Diablo 3, the game where even the community manager said "lower those expectations"?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4063008863?page=2#36

Boy, Blizzard sure did have to do some major damage control over that one.

"He's joking!" Yea....right....

Edited by Skoobie

so 6 months to a year BW should get a pass?

get a pass? no.

but they get 6 months to a year to fix things.

An MMO is a completely different creature than other game types since it has a "shelf life" of up to 10 years.

Things move more slowly in the MMO games (although BW has been really good at putting out patches that fix bugs and other problems)