Will swtor ever go free to play?

tehrealdealz

who are you kidding nothing todo, there is pvp and soon tobe ranked pvp, there is space for commendations and even cos its freaking amazing even if it is on rails, there are nightmare and heroic flashpoints and ops to run with my friends and dont give me no jibber jabber about the rewards bla bla, i dont fight for rewards i fight for the challange.

I would like the challenge too, but its not there. 2 Ops that take 1hr 20mins each on nightmare is not really a challenge.

PvP is OK, but its getting worse as the population drops. My server 6 weeks ago you could queue for a WZ and be PvPing in less than 5mins against the Imps. The Imps on my server were complaining because they were playing Huttball all the time against each other because the Imp, Rep ratio was so out of wack. Now its queue for 20mins and a 50/50 chance you'll be fighting Imps.

And space is not even part of the game, its more like an App and disconnected completely from the MMO or RP side of the game

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so in a role play you become your character to take on evil and banish it from the world

and an RPG you control your character to take on evil and banish it from the world....

ummmm ok...

are you just trying to troll ?. in role playing you play by strict rules in an rpg you play normaly and through things like cinematics and deep envolment within the story and companions storys your playing an rpg, not just getting a sheet up you dont read go kill something and come back, if you dont like the cinematics and story fine but they are still there.

Edited by Shingara

I would like the challenge too, but its not there. 2 Ops that take 1hr 20mins each on nightmare is not really a challenge.

PvP is OK, but its getting worse as the population drops. My server 6 weeks ago you could queue for a WZ and be PvPing in less than 5mins against the Imps. The Imps on my server were complaining because they were playing Huttball all the time against each other because the Imp, Rep ratio was so out of wack. Now its queue for 20mins and a 50/50 chance you'll be fighting Imps.

And space is not even part of the game, its more like an App and disconnected completely from the MMO or RP side of the game

Im done debating with you, this game is obviously not for you, not enough quick rewards and recignition to the standards you feel you require.

months ago ? its only been out months. And if you need to attain a rank and purple gear to enjoy pvp then your missing the point, ow and qudos for playing a game in the 80's that didnt come out until 93 and just cos its on rails and plays like dont make it any less addictive and fun.

And if your server is so quiet move to a busier one until the allow migrations and them move your old char to where your new chars are. enjoy a different story.

the only part of this game that is even half way enjoyable is the leveling, and even that gets old.

and ok sorry star fox came out what 4 years after the 80s... i was like 8 when I played it, that is old

My point is, if SW wants to compete with the MMO market they have to make something new and exciting, so far all they have done new would be the story line Questing. I did enjoy that.

the only part of this game that is even half way enjoyable is the leveling, and even that gets old.

and ok sorry star fox came out what 4 years after the 80s... i was like 8 when I played it, that is old

My point is, if SW wants to compete with the MMO market they have to make something new and exciting, so far all they have done new would be the story line Questing. I did enjoy that.

you forgot to say in your opinion, for me this game is fresh and it dont have tobe innovative, it just has to be enjoyable and for me and aproximatly 1.7 mil others it is. Personally i feel if you moved to a server that had more people on it at the hours you play then it would be for you too.

Edited by Shingara

You can also bet there'll be a game update (1.3?) by June or so to attract said demographic along with 1.2 being released mid-April to keep people from getting TERA.

EDIT:

To the OP: No, I don't think it'll be going F2P anytime soon. Considering Star Wars Galaxies had a much less impressive run than TOR has so far (Though it's still very early to tell) and it never went F2P, I don't think TOR will ever see such need.

And before anyone speaks of Galaxies closing, it close because the license expired when TOR launched. Not because it wasn't making any money even when it was a mess.

Why would SWG have gone F2P when they were already charging you a subscription and had micro transactions(the card game with ingame items), they would lose money on that deal. F2P wouldn't have saved the game anyway, it was on the decline ever since the NGE happened, hell I had to burn $200+ just to move all my characters to a server that wasn't dead because when they finally did give us free transfers mine wasn't considered "dead enough" even though there were maybe 60 people on the entire server split between German and American timezones. I enjoyed SWG(it was one of the only decent sandbox MMO's out there at the time)but the game was as dead as it could get.

As for the OP's subject, I can see this game going F2P if it starts tanking but atm it looks like it will stay subscription based and I hope it does.

Im done debating with you, this game is obviously not for you, not enough quick rewards and recignition to the standards you feel you require.

lol, no, I guess this game is not for me, im currently playing it out of boredom while im still subbed. And the part about the quick rewards is a joke right? I would gladly give people recognition in this game if they achieved something that deserved it, but theres nothing in this game to achieve, its a given, easy mode from start to finish in its current state.

it already has over a million and it's growing at a steady rate.........

Source?

Once the novelty of 1.2 wears off around June/July, Bioware's house of cards will come crashing down as people unsubscribe en masse, with many of them migrating to D3 and World of Pandas.

Around December, expect to see a lot of acrimonious finger-pointing and recrimination within EA as the developers struggle to explain what went wrong.

Source?

Once the novelty of 1.2 wears off around June/July, Bioware's house of cards will come crashing down as people unsubscribe en masse, with many of them migrating to D3 and World of Pandas.

Around December, expect to see a lot of acrimonious finger-pointing and recrimination within EA as the developers struggle to explain what went wrong.

I think alot of others like myself are wondering what it is your wanting a source for, you hacked and mis quoted that of whoever it is that i doubt anyone has a clue who you have quoted. :cool:

ps think its time you stopped smoking the joo joo.

Edited by Shingara

lol, no, I guess this game is not for me, im currently playing it out of boredom while im still subbed. And the part about the quick rewards is a joke right? I would gladly give people recognition in this game if they achieved something that deserved it, but theres nothing in this game to achieve, its a given, easy mode from start to finish in its current state.

he just can't understand how anyone could hate Star Wars, it's not about the game.

you will find Star Wars has a cult like flowing, just like WoW, DnD, any other "nerdie" (for lack of better words) game/movie title. They tend to lack the ability to see issues with something they love so much.

I play games to have fun. My "fun" is to work toward something or work on my statistics. I am a numbers person. Which is why I enjoy another space game I have mentioned before over SW. But the point is Star Wars clams to be cutting edge with their story line Questing (and it is really neat) but they fall behind in every other aspect in the MMO market.

While I quested and leveled I really really liked this game. When i got end game 2 months ago, the cool and new cutting edge aspect fell off.

he just can't understand how anyone could hate Star Wars, it's not about the game.

you will find Star Wars has a cult like flowing, just like WoW, DnD, any other "nerdie" (for lack of better words) game/movie title. They tend to lack the ability to see issues with something they love so much.

I play games to have fun. My "fun" is to work toward something or work on my statistics. I am a numbers person. Which is why I enjoy another space game I have mentioned before over SW. But the point is Star Wars clams to be cutting edge with their story line Questing (and it is really neat) but they fall behind in every other aspect in the MMO market.

While I quested and leveled I really really liked this game. When i got end game 2 months ago, the cool and new cutting edge aspect fell off.

you will find no such thing, assumption is the mother of all f..ups dont you know that already. The concurent theme through your posts is that your lonely online, thats not the fault of the game but of you being on a quiet server.

Edited by Shingara

You could have just not said nerdie.

*stands there blinking for a few seconds*

I think alot of others like myself are wondering what it is your wanting a source for, you hacked and mis quoted that of whoever it is that i doubt anyone has a clue who you have quoted. :cool:

I'm asking for a source for the claim that SWTOR subscriptions are 'growing at a steady rate'.

What part of this can you possibly not understand?

I'm asking for a source for the claim that SWTOR subscriptions are 'growing at a steady rate'.

What part of this can you possibly not understand?

the part where you quoted and a few million yada yada yada and then went source and we had no idea who you were quoting or what context it was in, was it swtor, is it wow, is it gw2 it could even possibly be angry birds for all we know. also the part where you quoted me twice so i still have no idea what your on. but to the if its growing feel free to show him that hes wrong if it is indeed in terms of swtor subs.

Edited by Shingara

I hope not, updates for F2P games generally become non-existent. Especially when EA is the publisher.

If this game ever goes F2P I’m out of here, will not play a "pay to win" game, then again that’s my personal choice.

Edited by Anarchistic

the part where you quoted and a few million yada yada yada and then went source and we had no idea who you were quoting or what context it was in, was it swtor, is it wow, is it gw2 it could even possibly be angry birds for all we know. also the part where you quoted me twice so i still have no idea what your on. but to the if its growing feel free to show him that hes wrong if it is indeed in terms of swtor subs.

Obviously it's going to be SWTOR.

This is the best you can come up with?

Obviously it's going to be SWTOR.

This is the best you can come up with?

Ow so its obviously going tobe about swtor is it lol, from a quote in a topic that names every game from wow to sto we are somehow meant to guess that a quote without a name and a snippet of what was said in referance to no game at all be it competition against this game doing better or this game itself supposidly doing better.

But please like i say if it is this game prove that the person you quoted is incorrect with a source. if you cant in the next reply or post you make then you obviously cannot and are talking out of your rear young man/women.

Edited by Shingara

you will find no such thing, assumption is the mother of all f..ups dont you know that already. The concurent theme through your posts is that your lonely online, thats not the fault of the game but of you being on a quiet server.

and yet you have the assumption I am on a quiet server, when in fact all servers are quiet due to lack of players on this game.

and yet you have the assumption I am on a quiet server, when in fact all servers are quiet due to lack of players on this game.

Yet another assumption on your part, my server is good thus your assumption is wrong, think im lying, server name the red eclipse eu pve server.

Edited by Shingara