Community Q&A – March 30th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Players have expressed some dissatisfaction with endgame armor sets – can you comment on your plans for future endgame appearances?

Implement a style system, similar to DC Universe and City of Heros to name a few. That way those who want to wear ridiculous armor someone spent time designing can. Sage gear is ugly, i don't want a fan on my head, and the sith inquisitor armor, I look like a chicken head. I wanted plain old boring robes for my Jedi sage... Thats all I, in my own opinion, see them wearing. Nothing fancy. Give me the choice to keep a HOODED robe instead of fans

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was super cool that they picked one of my posts:

Asphen: Can we get an option to turn off the combat error text in the center of my screen?

Damion (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We will be looking at adding the ability to move and/or turn off banner text and error text (the two kinds of text that appear in the middle of your screen) as part of the GUI customization system in a future patch. This isn't a trivial issue, however - in some cases, fairly vital information is given to the player here, and we'd need to be sure that in these cases the text gets rerouted someplace for a player to review. So short form, yeah, we're thinking about it, but no ETA for you at this time.

But it was super uncool that they answered with a lie. ATM, to enjoy the game, I have to turn off ALL of my UI, and play with just my nameplate on.

This is the only way to remove red combat error text.

Dispite what Damion said, there isn't a SINGLE PIECE OF INFOMATION that I want. It was just a lie. I'm pretty angry about being lied too.

Target Out of Range

Ability Not Yet Ready

You can't do that yet

Unable to do when Immobilized

No more of this. It goes away whenever you turn off the ENTIRE UI. Please just let us turn off this part of it.

What you consider vital is not their goal, they did not create the game for YOU...

Merge will never happen and they dont care

They delete every post that tell true about numbers and merge

MR community manager you have a lot of work erasing posts about MERGE why you dont do some real work posting a ETA or just telling to everyone that still waiting yes just still waiting for merge and dont care about 1.2 cosmetics that this will never happen

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a person with an agenda.

Nothing you have posted is even remotely true.

1) you have 0 facts

2) there are two MASSIVE threads about merge/pop drop.

So legacy rocket boost wont be available in pvp...when this clearly the most important topic is off our hands when we can get get some aswers considering server transfers/merges.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=34745&highlight=server+merge 1,006 posts 124,233 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136348&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 76,359 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=350700&highlight=server+merge 1,047 posts 74,051 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246560&highlight=server+merge 1,024 posts 70,978 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=310753&highlight=server+merge 1,002 posts 68,998 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=233108&highlight=server+merge 1,004 posts 68,980 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340708&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 65,430 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379515 346 posts 19,454 views and counting.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380340 230 posts 12,241 views and counting.

Zero answers. If this was any other business everyone in the customer service would be fired long time ago.

You underestimate Bioware's ability to not respond to hot community topics. Off-Topic forum closure, anyone?

Edited by OsarionRDM

Will the cost to remove mods be nerfed?

PLEASE cut the removal price if there is going to be regular swapping of mods to new looks.

In addition to the cost of the crafted gear, it will cost like 100k just to move the 3 mods to the new gear. Please nerf the costs to remove mods tenfold, by simply removing the last digit of the cost. I think approximately 10k is a fair cost to move the mods to new gear. Even at that price it will cost almost 100k to move all your mods to an entirely new outfit.

Please nerf the dissuasive repair costs, too.

The fear of potential repair costs have made some people in my guild simply refuse to participate in HMs, unless the entire group is full of people that don't need the gear from HMs. Since that is a catch 22, they never go into HMs.

Edited by Rotamortis

I am VERY courious as to what gear will be BoP and what will be BoE for these "endgame sets" that are crafted. If a person picks up a skill like Armstech then how can he/she get top of the line gear the is BoP from an Armormech? Same goes for Artifice to Synthweave and the Cybertech and Biochemist.

I can understand somethings need to be BoP for the crafting profesion to draw people to it but to cut out others entirerly seems harsh. I surely don't what to drop my 400 Biochem, Bioanalysis and DIplomacy to pick up Synthweaving to get engame gear and then have to relevel Bio to 400!

Are they going to relook at the ability to request someone to craft you a BoP from the items in your inventory? This would be a great option. Add a spot for a crafters fee and a request then the cafter can agree to the price and make the item. I would almost suggest that this pulls one of your (the requester) companions to assit in the crafting (it would depoly one of your companions to make the gear to assure that the item ends up in your inventory.)

I don't know if the answer to this is somewhere in this, I don't have time to go through all the pages but I am really interested in how they will work this.

Um, just curious...perhaps I over-looked it or am thinking too much but if each class has one iconic ability that can be spread across a legacy...what's the point of them even being related in whatever way if they'll all get the power anyway?n I mean, why brag about these two people getting together and saying they made this awesome child if it really holds no value when someone who is merely placed as an "Ally" in the legacy tree will have access to the same abilities? I guess my real question is, if two people you have selected as being married are both force users, will the child, regardless of its class, get a better pick of force powers or will they just be stuck with the one power from both sides? Edited by MasterYmir

It is not Q&A. It has been adevertising. Look at our new features, look how wonderful is going to become the game, look how we hear what people say and don't ask about problems. Anyway next week we'll keep on advertising 1.2, so there'll be no "normal" Q&A, they'll be related to 1.2

How can I have questions about contents that ARE GOING to be implemented in a future without ETA???????????

Um, just curious...perhaps I over-looked it or am thinking too much but if each class has one iconic ability that can be spread across a legacy...what's the point of them even being related in whatever way if they'll all get the power anyway?n I mean, why brag about these two people getting together and saying they made this awesome child if it really holds no value when someone who is merely placed as an "Ally" in the legacy tree will have access to the same abilities? I guess my real question is, if two people you have selected as being married are both force users, will the child, regardless of its class, get a better pick of force powers or will they just be stuck with the one power from both sides?

I do not like playing cross gender, are you implying that this should make my characters exempt from legacy perks?

This would be why there was no male - female relationship to make a child requirement....

It would feel odd to me, since my wife plays as well...

I have a 50 and 47 and a 16 and I have no idea what a heroic ability is.

It is an ability everyone gets, you train it from a class trainer.

Basically it is a heal over time you can use if you have your companion out, it lasts one minute and has a cooldown of 20 minutes, each class calls it something different.

It is called Heroic Moment: (insert name here)

1.2 will implement a change, your legacy characters will have an ability they can use while the Heroic Moment is active (one minute window).

Does this clear it up for you?

This is an MMO. It has raids. In any MMO that has raids the best PvE gear comes from raiding or from crafting with raid components (top PvP reward gear is often better for PvP). Augments are hardly irrelevant though... they aren't required but higher stats are still an advantage. In particular, putting mid-level raid gear mods in crit crafted shells and adding augments might well make you equal to someone in basic high end raid gear, so you could for instance skip having to grind out a full set of Rakata gear before going after the new Campaign set.

This was suposed to be a RPG too. As a rpgamer don't understand most of the concepts:

1- why every MMo has to have raids

2- What is exactly a raid. I have played 5 months and didn't do any

3- Why it has to be PVE gear and PVP gear (why are they different??).

4- In fact, why there has to be a classification between pve and pvp players. Wasn't this a role playing game? (MMO RPG???) It is not free to do whatever you want in a rpg?

5- Why there are 8 different characters as all of them are soldiers? Why they are split in four exactly equal characters that are divided in two alignments? Why four of them are lightsaber wielders? Why the mercenaries are medics? Why everyone has to do the same?

6- Why all my stats are useless? Why if i have a bounty hunter i got a useless willpower stat? Why using a blaster is ruled with the stat AIM if i am a bounty hunter and with the stat CUNNING if i am an agent? Why healing uses CUNNING too if you are a slinger? Why they lie saying we got stats if they are there for nothing? -I understand the sentence: that higher stats are an advantage. This is taken from roleplaying games, hehe-

I'm sure most of the problems with the game is the fact:

If this game was more sandbox style like SWG there wouldn't be so much problems with End game, as then you wouldn't feel like the game has ended. Story driven and role playing with other players are oposite concepts. So we got two games here, the PVE that soon gets finished (so it is pointless to pay for it after a couple of months) and PVP, that doesn't need any voice acting neither great cinematics, so it is wasted efforts and money. AND voice acting is the problem that didn't allow us to have more species Expert pvplayers say it is broken and the game just feel completely dead. A sandbox has SO many options that you feel to reroll just for looking how it is to be a pilot, or a crafter, or a spy, because every character is different enough. With this game, rerroling feels the same.

I wish they would stop picking and answering questions that are AVAILABLE and ANSWERED elsewhere, and start answering questions we can't find anywhere else.

What this guy said.

Oh, this little nugget stood out for me:

•The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.

I can tell you a few things that will kill the livelihood of a market. Here's one. A very low limit like 50 active auctions per character. Here's another: Nearly everything you make can be bought at a vendor. Here's yet another: Vendors also have BETTER than 99% of the things you can make, through planet commendations or daily commendations that most lobotomy survivors can get in a couple of hours.

How about this one- when the servers go down for maintenance all the information about the items you had on the GTN is gone. If you didn't sell something, it's partially a relief- you have the item so you know the name and have the returned deposit so you know that it's 15% of the price you were selling. Here's the really, really happy fun time part. You sold something! Now you have to go through every item you have on the GTN to find out what's missing!

Here's the biggest problem of the day- and one that's universal throughout all markets- uncertainty. Frankly, 1.2 looks like it's not going to encourage crafting, it looks like it will drive a stake through its heart. First we hear that slicing will provide materials to make augments. Now we don't hear this, we hear that slicing will provide schematics to make augments. But we don't hear that it won't provide materials for augments... So what are we to make of this?

Yet again, I'll ask this simple, straightforward question: How are armormechs, armstechs and synthweavers supposed to craft what they currently can make AND augments if each will require FOUR crew skills? (Armormech, scavenging, underworld trading, slicing/ armstech, scavenging, investigation, slicing/ synthweaving, archeology, underworld trading, slicing.)

the only thing I can suggest is that they release 1.2 very soon because Diablo III will be released next month. Without this content soon, players will ever quickly migrate to Diablo. Speed things up guys, you don't want to compete with Blizzard just yet.

I'm not testing the 1.2 but I have a question about the off-hands in 1.2. I think here will be inbalance between the classes that can use the off-hand (as the weapon - like GunSlinger or Mercenary) and the rest off-hand users.

The classes that can use 2 weapon can get the 2 guns / swords with augment slot (from crafting) and the epic barrel / hilt for the 2 off-hands that they will be able to buy from vendor / get from ops.

The classes that use the shield / power generator and focusers will not get the epick off-hand with the augmet slot and they will not be able to set the stats of the off-hand they like.

I'm not testing the 1.2 but I have a question about the off-hands in 1.2. I think here will be inbalance between the classes that can use the off-hand (as the weapon - like GunSlinger or Mercenary) and the rest off-hand users.

The classes that can use 2 weapon can get the 2 guns / swords with augment slot (from crafting) and the epic barrel / hilt for the 2 off-hands that they will be able to buy from vendor / get from ops.

The classes that use the shield / power generator and focusers will not get the epick off-hand with the augmet slot and they will not be able to set the stats of the off-hand they like.

First off, the two hand ability is not all that impressive, your off hand weapon has serious damage rate negatives, second I have seen prototype and artifact foci and generators.

They said in the q&a and in other places aug slots will be able to be retrofitted to gear, and that aug slots is the way of crit crafting...

My artifice and my wife's armstech have crafted artifact level hilts and barrels which rival ops drops... there is no imbalance where you see one...

Dual wielders get no defense bonus that generator users do, and focus users get a force power buff that dual wielders do not get....

This was suposed to be a RPG too. As a rpgamer don't understand most of the concepts:

1- why every MMo has to have raids

2- What is exactly a raid. I have played 5 months and didn't do any

3- Why it has to be PVE gear and PVP gear (why are they different??).

4- In fact, why there has to be a classification between pve and pvp players. Wasn't this a role playing game? (MMO RPG???) It is not free to do whatever you want in a rpg?

5- Why there are 8 different characters as all of them are soldiers? Why they are split in four exactly equal characters that are divided in two alignments? Why four of them are lightsaber wielders? Why the mercenaries are medics? Why everyone has to do the same?

6- Why all my stats are useless? Why if i have a bounty hunter i got a useless willpower stat? Why using a blaster is ruled with the stat AIM if i am a bounty hunter and with the stat CUNNING if i am an agent? Why healing uses CUNNING too if you are a slinger? Why they lie saying we got stats if they are there for nothing? -I understand the sentence: that higher stats are an advantage. This is taken from roleplaying games, hehe-

I'm sure most of the problems with the game is the fact:

If this game was more sandbox style like SWG there wouldn't be so much problems with End game, as then you wouldn't feel like the game has ended. Story driven and role playing with other players are oposite concepts. So we got two games here, the PVE that soon gets finished (so it is pointless to pay for it after a couple of months) and PVP, that doesn't need any voice acting neither great cinematics, so it is wasted efforts and money. AND voice acting is the problem that didn't allow us to have more species Expert pvplayers say it is broken and the game just feel completely dead. A sandbox has SO many options that you feel to reroll just for looking how it is to be a pilot, or a crafter, or a spy, because every character is different enough. With this game, rerroling feels the same.

1. it is group content, like when you RPG at the table with your friends....

2. Explained in #1

3. The difference is the Expertise stat, it is only useful in PVP, you can use PVP gear in PVE and vice versa, but there are disadvantages to this strategy.

4. Some people do not like to PVP, the PVE servers are made for them, just like there are people who like to RP heavily and want all players around them to RP their characters, this is why there are RP servers.

5. This is Star Wars, the other options are to be a slave, is this the exciting game experience you are looking for? The classes mirror because game balance is important and not everyone can do everything. Neither my mara nor my assassin can heal, but healer classes cannot keep up with the dps these two dish out.

6. The off stats have a purpose, a sorcerer with high strength will hit harder with his lightsaber, though his force powers and a high willpower stat will serve him better...

This is not D&D dude...

Your rant at the end explains why raids are important to MMORPG life, because it is end game content with story...

Doesnt get worse than this. Or does it?..... Ya it does. Just wait till the horrible QA next week. Everyone go make a word doc with a nice thought out rant on them not answering any real questions concerning low pop. Take the week to think and revise your rant so that it comes out as a well thought out complaint in the end that will hopefully get the attention of failware.

Simple question, dont care if someone else asks it at next Q&A or just thinks its stupid and ignores it. But here goes.

Is there ever gonna be a way to just simply mod the Armor "type" of each piece of equipment, Heavy to Light, like making the headgear Visors, Light armor? (Since eyewear is currently heavy armor for some reason). Or Letting Social Items be more usable by different classes rather than just light armor classes?

The lack of dev answers has prompted a lot of discourse and a lot of boredom in the community (stale pvp content, extremely easy pve content, a boring replay value leveling experience outside of the class quests.) I have 3 50s, all fully rakata geared and I consider myself a casual raider (2-3 times a week 2 hours at a time.) With 4 bosses coming out and no promises if true content in the near future this game has lost interest with a gigantic number of "raiders." I personally have canceled my sub for now and will maybe revisit if the game becomes a bit more solid or if EC is actually challenging. 12 days and no 1.2 to look forward to still.. I could care less about legacy seeing as how I play the game as a raider, not a career-leveler. Hopefully BW pulls it together and makes a decent game but for now it's just unplayable to true raiders. Being forced to farm the same content for an additional 2..3?..5? months for the next operation is just silly.. 4 bosses is a joke.