Community Q&A – March 30th 2012 Blog Discussion

JovethGonzalez

So BiS PvE items will be BOE?

That is one of the worst ideas i've ever heard.

Crafted items will be BoE and crit crafted items will be BiS yes, but as long as they make the armoring mods with the set bonus attatched BoP there shouldnt be an issue

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was stated last week... This weeks Q&A was going to about 1.2 and Legacy. That is why there was NOT a post to ask questions for this week.

They reused some questions from last week, like one about armor appearance.

Crafted items will be BoE and crit crafted items will be BiS yes, but as long as they make the armoring mods with the set bonus attatched BoP there shouldnt be an issue

You can put the set bonus into a orange item which will be boe. Maybe doing so will bind it to you but I doubt it.

Augment schematics (green) are found via Slicing missions and blue and purple variants of these augments can be researched via reverse engineering by the appropriate crafters.

i thought for slicers, instead of getting the actual augments, would get mats for the making of that augment. i guess we're getting schematics instead.. which is ok.. but as i read it, slicers can only get green schematics? then the crafters make the augment, and RE it to get blue/purp...

so what happens now when you crit a slicing mission? do you get extra schematics? cause it sounds like you cant get blue and purps from slicing missions now..

Edited by wadetho

I think for the next Q&A it should be heavily focused on true endgame topics and put to rest some of the legacy hype. We understand legacy stuff is coming.. but for those of us that already have the alts we want it means nothing. Our focus is endgame and I know there's a mass amount of people begging for true answers about the endgame content. I am sick of spending 100k credits per respec on my mercenary to accommodate my ops groups. Dual spec is a HUGE pressing matter which has NEVER been given a timeline. Is it really necessary that my agent will be able to force choke someone during heroic moment but when I need to respec dps for my ops group I have to blow 100k credits? Let's get some true answers going, PLEASE.

Dual spec, ETA?

Endgame content, 4 bosses? Will the boss encounter number ever be something real raiders can get into? Offering up an op with 4 bosses but adding a 16 man world boss does nothing for 8m ops guilds.

Arenas?

Server merges? Population on my server (and I'm sure others) has been dropping drastically, is there any plan to merge the smaller into the larger?

Let's get a dev on this, screw the legacy Q&A and give the endgamers something to actually look at.

I am so looking forward to the update and all that it entails but please can the next topic to be addressed be about CHARACTER TRANSFERS and SERVER MERGES!

I know this has been brought up countless times but the server I play on is dead... At most we have about 80 people online at peak times.. other times only 30!!

I have a great lvl 42 character that I am really enjoying playing with so starting a new character on another server isn't something I want to consider.

Is it so much to ask Bioware.. I know your working hard but please sort out the low population servers. It's a BIG ISSUE that needs sorting.

(I know I'm probably in the wrong forum for this..)

Exaro - Will crit crafted orange gear with the tier 4 mods in it and an additional augment be required to get the best possible stats or will the stand alone purple tier 4 be just as good?

David Hunt: Augments are required for the highest possible stats, but augmented gear is not required for any existing content. A fully augmented set of endgame gear will put you above the stat curve.

In other words, yes.

What I get from this:

1) They're going to charge for additional character slots.

2) You'll need to buy crafted gear to get the best stats.

You must have a sixth sence, I just read all of that and saw nothing of the sort :s

I know with the cyborg you can get the different cyborg parts to use on classes that couldn't normally use them.

Will this work the same way with humans and face paint? Like, could a Trooper use BH faicepaint, or could a Sith Inquisitor use the Sith Warrior markings through unlocks?

i don't know why ppl would be surprised at extra character slots costing extra real money (even tho that is not confirmed) the point is each character takes up space on the server, the server being nothing more than a giant (but very complicated) database, you want to take up more space use up resources, that is going to cost some1 somewhere. i wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if that some1 is us

I know with the cyborg you can get the different cyborg parts to use on classes that couldn't normally use them.

Will this work the same way with humans and face paint? Like, could a Trooper use BH faicepaint, or could a Sith Inquisitor use the Sith Warrior markings through unlocks?

i want a sith pureblood with twi'lek headgear

It is not possible to reverse engineer legacy augments obtained from slicing before the game update arrives, however. These are technically different items.

What exactly are "legacy" augments? Is he saying that you cannot reverse engineer any augments you have stored prior to 1.2, or that there are certain types (purples for example) that you cannot RE?

Server pop is not dying people are just rerolling or not playing as much as they did at launch this is all paranoia... Please bioware remove the pop count in the social window so these people can't whine that much...

Anyways good Q&A :) Keep it up!

You'd have to be a Bioware employee to make a post that's as blatantly ignorant of the population issue as yours. Kudos though, gj.

its like people did not even read the first sentience of the q&a oh well

We're talking about human beings here. You could post something in bright, flashing neon letters a mile high and some people would still not read it.

Well thank god they are addressing the issue of the on screen error text, but why is it damion shcubert always says the same thing, that they are thinking about it and there is no ETA, thats all the guy ever says about anything, such a broken record. Edited by System_TOR

So legacy rocket boost wont be available in pvp...when this clearly the most important topic is off our hands when we can get get some aswers considering server transfers/merges.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=34745&highlight=server+merge 1,006 posts 124,233 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=136348&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 76,359 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=350700&highlight=server+merge 1,047 posts 74,051 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246560&highlight=server+merge 1,024 posts 70,978 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=310753&highlight=server+merge 1,002 posts 68,998 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=233108&highlight=server+merge 1,004 posts 68,980 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340708&highlight=server+merge 1,012 posts 65,430 views

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379515 346 posts 19,454 views and counting.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380340 230 posts 12,241 views and counting.

Zero answers. If this was any other business everyone in the customer service would be fired long time ago.

Edited by Helistin

What exactly are "legacy" augments? Is he saying that you cannot reverse engineer any augments you have stored prior to 1.2, or that there are certain types (purples for example) that you cannot RE?

yes

in this case, 'legacy' refering to augments that were obtained prior to 1.2, those augments will be replaced by new augments in 1.2. the new augments are not obtained whole, they have to be crafted, hence they are "technically different items"..

All I want to know is if we are going to be able to change our toon's appearance anytime soon, I'm talking about the face and hair. MY Issue is that you have to be 50 for this content in 1.2 and yet I've had the game since it came out and can't get to 50 because I'm a fickle person and like to change my toon's look depending on my mood, if I can't change it I get sick of it FOREVER and must delete and start over lol. Yes I've tried covering with helmets but it doesn't work for me since I'm not a helmet/hood fan. Technically this is a question for the 1.2 update, will we be able to do this in the update? No one has mentioned it yet or at least not that I know of.

All I want to know is if we are going to be able to change our toon's appearance anytime soon, I'm talking about the face and hair. MY Issue is that you have to be 50 for this content in 1.2 and yet I've had the game since it came out and can't get to 50 because I'm a fickle person and like to change my toon's look depending on my mood, if I can't change it I get sick of it FOREVER and must delete and start over lol. Yes I've tried covering with helmets but it doesn't work for me since I'm not a helmet/hood fan. Technically this is a question for the 1.2 update, will we be able to do this in the update? No one has mentioned it yet or at least not that I know of.

They said in an earlier Q&A (can't remember which one) that they have plans to add a way to re-custamize at least your characters' hair and makeup in the future, but that no ETA is planned and they aren't yet sure how they are going to go about implementing it.

My guess is this feature is at least 4-6 months down the line if not further.

I'll be honest, this is the first Q&A that I was truly disappointed in. Most of the questions had already been answered in some form. Heck, many were answered in the Legacy developer blogs and videos that have been posted this week.

I love the Q&A feature and I understand that the questions are typically going to receive answers of "no ETA available" or "soon". I also understand that some of the questions are going to need to be fluff (like Mandolorian titles and slapping Corso from last week). But I really think if the developers are going to pick questions about the new 1.2:Legacy update from the whole forum, then those questions need to be ones that haven't been answered in extremely easily accessible formats before.

I will say that I enjoyed the answer about crafting...I would like to see even more info about how the system is going to work in the near future, because some things are still fairly unclear.

I also hope that next weeks answers will focus more on how the 1.2 changes are going to affect gameplay and not just more fairly trivial information about the new features the legacy system will bring into play. Lets face it most of the legacy system to date seems to be about making leveling alts easier or what amounts to cosmetic changes (race options for factions that weren't there before). These things are fun, I look forward to them, BUT this does not allay my fears about the other changes 1.2 is going to bring (i.e. how class nerfs, specifically to healers and med packs, are going to affect end game content for both PVP and PVE players).

Edited by Allyhoo

And none of the questions you asked are involved in 1.2 soooo...sorry? I'm surprised so many people are complaining about this. Damned if you do, etc, I suppose.

So they've absolutely, positively said that there will *NOT* be the character-transfer ability in Patch 1.2? If so, can you link that? Because I've not seen it anywhere...

Thanks,

L.