Just wow Dev 1.2 Pvp Thread

GRINnBARRETT

Who cares, almost all of the servers are dead. PVP will be exactly the same as pre 1.2. You wont have an 8 man team because no guild has 8 competent PVP'rs in it due to al lthe good PVP'rs quitting the game already.

AKA: Pvp wont change because no good pvp'rs exist on this game anymore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting this b/c they placed the 1.2 pvp thread in general discussion rather than the pvp section.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=385976 is the general discussion thread.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120330 is the read

I've not moaned too much about stuff I dislike about this game but:

"Solo and group queued players might be pulled together after a while if needed to launch a match. If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match".

breaks it for me. I realize it's just until cross-server queues are put in place, but who knows when that will be? Once again premades, ranked premades at that, get to feed on the tears of the regular joe pugger.

Furthermore:

"The rewards received in mixed matches will be based on how the player queued (type of commendations, rating adjustment if any, etc.)."

I think I'm done pvping until cross-server comes into play. I'll be damn if I'm going to get rofl stomped by ranked premades. AND they get credit for a ranked match! For beating on puggers? Really?

I like this game, but come on man!

Edit: "Note, Rank queued players will never be prompted to backfill a match". All other players can expect to keep filling losing matches...:rolleyes: They have the tech to stop it, but are giving it only to ranked queuers.

My mind is sufficiently blown.

We want to emphasize this is Pre-Season while the community and development teams collect data and refine the system in preparation for Season One, which will begin with the inclusion of cross-server Warzone queuing. The Pre-Season ratings will be reset when Season One officially begins.

whats the issue?

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

"We want to emphasize this is Pre-Season while the community and development teams collect data and refine the system in preparation for Season One, which will begin with the inclusion of cross-server Warzone queuing. The Pre-Season ratings will be reset when Season One officially begins."

drats I reposted your point. :(

The game will WARN YOU so you can choose not to ENTER!!!!

Gives the team that enters an immediate advantage if the opposing team doesn't enter, due to having to find a new group of players to join. The new team that replaces the team that didn't enter will more then likely be solo queue'ers, since it took them that long to find an original match-up that they had to mix solo queue with group queue. Or ranked with normal queue.

Dev posts are full of so much hilarity. Always entertains me to read them, though.

Edited by Niaoru

Steps to solve your problems below:

1. Join a guild

2. DL Vent/TS/Mumble

3. Get a mic

4. Start a group with the guild

5. Que for WZ

6. Play WZ as a premade

Six simple steps to follow and make your dreams come true. Dont want to join a guild? Dont play this game!

1. Join a guild

2. DL Vent/TS/Mumble

3. Get a mic

5. Que for WZ

6. Play WZ as a premade

Six simple steps to follow and make your dreams come true. Dont want to join a guild? Dont play this game!

But that requires elementary level social skills and putting forth a minuscule amount of effort. I think that is asking way too much from this community.

Yes I am wondering the same thing.....are there any 8 mans in this game currently?....

In DAoC we had Realm Rank which capped at Rank 13 (only 5 players ever reached Realm Rank 13 in 10 years, and they made it on massive playtime invested)

So who REALLY has an 8 man ready to rip fools right now? I cant imagine there are all that many...DAoC 8 mans are playing....DAoC............I cant get my guild to even try this game qq

Guess Ill have to rank myself solo till I see a group too join worthy of my pwnage skillz :)

1. Join a guild

2. DL Vent/TS/Mumble

3. Get a mic

5. Que for WZ

6. Play WZ as a premade

It is that simple, and it is that easy and that is what is so aggravatingly mind-boggling for me. I just don't understand how people could be so bad at this game they can't even get the NON-GAMEPLAY **** down. I just don't get it

1. Join a guild

2. DL Vent/TS/Mumble

3. Get a mic

5. Que for WZ

6. Play WZ as a premade

Yeah fair point, but the fact that Bioware is adding a solo queue is somewhat silly without the cross server warzones, and the MIXED QUEING is even more silly.

I have a guild btw and we will just be making puggers life miserable. Something I don't look forward to tbh

It's ok it's only pre-season. Just think of it as Spring Training and just focus on getting your new gear without any worry about what your rating ends up being.

Also everyone should just queue for ranked matches no matter what. Normal WZ will be irrelevant.

Edited by Exilim

It's ok it's only pre-season. Just think of it as Spring Training and just focus on getting your new gear without any worry about what your rating ends up being.

Also everyone should just queue for ranked matches no matter what. Normal WZ will be irrelevant.

ranked wz are irrelevant, "prestige" gear that looks like it fell out of someones backside and the chance for puggers to run into 8 man premades.

They get the same asstastic looking gear but in a different colour in unranked.

My real question is,

Is "Solo Ranked" and "Group Ranked" the same que?

IE, with the wording it sounds like groups of 4 man premades (so excluding premades or 5, 6, 7, or 8) can be matched against solo que people.

Is that the idea?

Also, one has to wonder how lopsided ranked will be in pre-season, face it theres less than a handful of good pvpers on each server, and they're most likely going to que together. So the elo system will be REALLY, REALLY, skewed.

Aka, 4 man group of 2k+ rated + 4 randoms (probably all bads, so that the opposite team has a bunch of average people) so like...

4 man premade of 2k+, + 4 people <1000 elo. Against 8 people of varying elo between 1200-1800?

All just extrapolation without concrete information, but this really, really, feels like the old pvp system where it was "how many non 50s do we have to carry on our team?" when you would premade.

This makes the assumption that, at some point, it is better to have an 8-man ranked pop vs a pug non-ranked. Nope. It's better to have it not pop at all.

They don't have battlegroups, server mergers, or character transfers, and they decide to slice up the queues even more. That's their bad planning, and this is an equally bad bandaid to go with it.

Edited by BDutch

It'll be interesting to see how this actually shapes up, particularly on the majority of servers that have low populations. Heck, even on my server (JUNG MA) which is high, the population during prime time now is a small fraction of what it used to be in January.

Rated and Ranked warzones are going to make the queues even longer and the disparities even greater. I pay to play the game, not sit around for 10-20 minutes waiting for a queue.

Indeed. On my server there will probably be a max of two premade 8 man repub teams. One for sure, the second not as often. There will probably be 3 times that many premade 8 man Imp teams.

So... The 8 man Imp teams are gonna take turns feasting on regular WZ puggers and receive rated comms for it... The premade Reb team is going to have to face a full premade Imp team almost every single time.

Should be very reminiscent of the way pvp was before they broke off the 50 bracket...

From what we've seen in this game sounds like the status quo of giving no reason at all to start on or switch to the Republic....

Edited by Daxun

How can you whine about everything? What do you do IRL? Why do so many people feel so entitled that every little thing has to be the way they like it? OMG just stop playing!! Play something else. Go to school get a degree in graphic arts and design and build your own freakin game. Maybe all these post are just elaborate jokes...there is no way people are honestly this weak and fragile. I win all the time in PvP queuing solo against the imps. Sometimes even against premades. Shocking as it may seem...and sometimes it’s not easy :eek: . Learn to kick ***...once you do that you won't care how or where you queued they will respect your game play just the same.

What will happen if there is one 8 man premade and one 5 man premade in que? will the 5 man have to fight the 8 man group without any other help?

Also i don't understand, if someone que for unranked but get put in to a ranked game why will they not get reward for playing a ranked game?

"We want to emphasize this is Pre-Season while the community and development teams collect data and refine the system in preparation for Season One, which will begin with the inclusion of cross-server Warzone queuing. The Pre-Season ratings will be reset when Season One officially begins."

This message is brought to you by the same company that let people hump the **** out of Ilum during a "bug," rack up easy valor ranks to access BM gear sooner, then not reset it.

This promise is brought to you by the same company that still hasn't explained in their own words how they want resolve to work and if it is/isn't working as intended.

Here's what I see happening week 2 of Season One:

"Well, we made a mistake and didn't correctly reset team and individual ratings for all players. Because of that, some players were able to access gear much earlier than we intended. We understand this creates an advantage for those players, but rather than doing a rollback, we have fixed the issue to prevent additional players from being able to get that gear so soon. In the mean time, we are constantly evaluating the advantage our mistake created in the rated PvP system. Thank you, and may the Force be with you."

What will happen if there is one 8 man premade and one 5 man premade in que? will the 5 man have to fight the 8 man group without any other help?

Also i don't understand, if someone que for unranked but get put in to a ranked game why will they not get reward for playing a ranked game?

Your 5 man ranked group will probably have a smaller group of ranked players added to it. or it will have 3 solo Ranked players added to it. You have the option of Queing Ranked SOLO or in a Group. They are not adding Ranked vs UnRanked warzones unless the Ranked players just take a break to go in the unranked WZ's

My real question is,

Is "Solo Ranked" and "Group Ranked" the same que?

IE, with the wording it sounds like groups of 4 man premades (so excluding premades or 5, 6, 7, or 8) can be matched against solo que people.

Is that the idea?

Also, one has to wonder how lopsided ranked will be in pre-season, face it theres less than a handful of good pvpers on each server, and they're most likely going to que together. So the elo system will be REALLY, REALLY, skewed.

Aka, 4 man group of 2k+ rated + 4 randoms (probably all bads, so that the opposite team has a bunch of average people) so like...

4 man premade of 2k+, + 4 people <1000 elo. Against 8 people of varying elo between 1200-1800?

All just extrapolation without concrete information, but this really, really, feels like the old pvp system where it was "how many non 50s do we have to carry on our team?" when you would premade.

I would just guess that 1-1000 will be one section of ranked and 1000-2000 will be another set. I really doubt they will have 2000+ going against people with less then 2000. That would completly negate the ranking reason to play against your same ranking.

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings, etc. However, in order to ensure that players won’t have to wait too long for a match to occur, the system will become more ‘flexible’ over time. Solo and group queued players might be pulled together after a while if needed to launch a match. If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match. Players will always be notified when a mixed match is made on the Warzone enter prompt. The rewards received in mixed matches will be based on how the player queued (type of commendations, rating adjustment if any, etc.)"

So to the QQ'rs who can't read.

-NO 8 man groups will not be able to stomp on unrated pugs faceroller style.

-If you group queue with 4 or less people there is a chance of a "Mixed" warzone.

-The rewards from mixed warzones are based on how you queued. Meaning if you are rated queued and get a mixed match against rated players you could recieve a rating adjustment and rated comms, BUT if you are rated queued and get put in a mixed match with non rated players you would still get rated comms but no rating adjustment.

-Yes you can probably get stuck doing 5v8 WZ's since anything 5+ excludes you from mixed. SO if you don't queue up with a team of 8 you'll probably lose.

-The rewards from mixed warzones are based on how you queued. Meaning if you are rated queued and get a mixed match against rated players you could recieve a rating adjustment and rated comms, BUT if you are rated queued and get put in a mixed match with non rated players you would still get rated comms but no rating adjustment.

I believe what you quoted did mention "rating adjustment if any." I take that to mean there can be rating loss/gain for rated players from a mixed match.

Oh, and I only wanted to point that out for the folks that can't read so we're all on the same page.

Edited by Ivonichke