Raise Server Population Caps

Posiden

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that SWG was a terrible game overall. I mean it had almost 0 pve content. It had a lot more pvp content, but that was its nature. Still, it never really worked, and WoW was released a year later anyway, and WoW had all the pve content people wanted.

Not saying what will become of this game. It's just that SOE did a terrible job with SWG.

People enjoyed SWG, bad game or not. Decisions made by the developers caused the game to fail. Right now BW is making a decision to throttle servers capacity. The community is speaking BW should listen.

I supported EGA waves and I haven't complained about other features. The idea that the servers are being intentionally limited is unacceptable to me.

People enjoyed SWG, bad game or not. Decisions made by the developers caused the game to fail. Right now BW is making a decision to throttle servers capacity. The community is speaking BW should listen.

I supported EGA waves and I haven't complained about other features. The idea that the servers are being intentionally limited is unacceptable to me.

I can see Bioware's point for why they might be limiting it, whether it is right or not. I don't want to make a comment really because I don't fully understand all the logistics of what they are working with. The queues do suck, but I don't mind waiting 30-45 mins personally, as long as eventually everything evens out. I've played many other mmo's at launch and this is pretty normal (including all the complaining lol), so I'm happy. I'm a patient Sith.

Edited by Fellthar

I can see Bioware's point for why they might be limiting it, whether it is right or not. I don't want to make a comment really because I don't fully understand all the logistics of what they are working with. The queues do suck, but I don't mind waiting 30-45 mins personally, as long as eventually everything evens out. I've played many other mmo's at launch and this is pretty normal (including all the complaining lol), so I'm happy. I'm a patient Sith.

How about 3 hours and still 400 people to go down from 1700.

All I hear is whiners not comprehending what its like to launch a game with literally millions of people trying to log in inside of a 3 or 4 hour window.

You guys do realize that this is a lot of people for an MMO launch right? Also, that people are stupid and ignore light servers and jump into the full servers for some inexplicable reason.

This is just the price of being successful. You can say its going to bite them in the butt, whatever, you're not cancelling, you'll forget in a week, just take a breath and go wrap some presents.

I guess it is official launch day, but it is a little crazy to have 20+ minute queues at 11:05 am CST on North American servers. I have to go to work in an hour (so I will not be able to play this morning due to queues), but I am absolutely dreading coming home from work tonight.

Must say I've now got at least 4 characters in there mid to late teens and one in the mid 20s on 4 diferent servers and having to keep rerolling because of the queues.i don't mind to much but I hope that Bioware will allow all my toon to be placed together once this issue sorts its self.

I guess it is official launch day, but it is a little crazy to have 20+ minute queues at 11:05 am CST on North American servers. I have to go to work in an hour (so I will not be able to play this morning due to queues), but I am absolutely dreading coming home from work tonight.

i play on helm of graush which seems to always have massive ques. im expecting 2000+ que when i get home tonight.

All I hear is whiners not comprehending what its like to launch a game with literally millions of people trying to log in inside of a 3 or 4 hour window.

You guys do realize that this is a lot of people for an MMO launch right? Also, that people are stupid and ignore light servers and jump into the full servers for some inexplicable reason.

This is just the price of being successful. You can say its going to bite them in the butt, whatever, you're not cancelling, you'll forget in a week, just take a breath and go wrap some presents.

Already did, made breakfast and so forth.

No one is whining. So **** and ****.

What I am wondering, is how come there are less people in every zones than yesterday, yet we have morning queues, which we didn't have in early access. Yesterday, we were 140 on Thyton (no queue to log) and this morning, we were 50... yet there was a queue!!

I am fairly confident most of the people are on the beginners zone, so this should be slightly representative.

Don't raise the caps. The servers are allready starting to spass out under "Full" load. We don't need more people on those servers.

If people insist on rolling on "Full" servers, let them dug it out like the rest of us.

Don't raise the caps. Re-rolling now might suck, but having to re-roll in 20 levels, when it turns out they raised the cap so much that even "normal" weekends will result in waiting to avoid server crashes, it will suck even more.