1.2 legacy class buff is a bummer for 1 char PvPers

Tyksak

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better story game, with far superior PvP coming later in the year.

.. Yeah, I mean Diablo 3.

LOL.

No.

Diablo 3's story doesn't - and won't hold a candle to this story. Even take the voiced part of TOR out. Bioware's story telling >> Blizzard's story telling.

Additionally, Blizzard sucks at WoW pvp, always has. What makes you think they are - all of a sudden - going to figure out how to "do it right" for Diablo 3?

Especially considering Diablo 2 pvp was so terribad.

Edited by islander

This is a valid concern, I mean people usually die once in the first two minutes or so with the initial rush.

Well that means for the majority of the match your going to crit 5% less often, have 5% less bonus damage, have 5% less health, or have 5% less of your main stat(and internal damage res.). Of course if multiple people get put in jail then you will have 1 or 2 more buffs but most likely never all 4.

Compared to someone that does have all of these that is a huge difference! Having these buffs versus not having them would be the equivalent of basically have an adrenal or 2 active the entire match.

I currently will have 3/4 of the buffs but I still hope they make these purchasable for people without alts because it would mess with balance significantly.

Edited by Pilige

This is a valid concern, I mean people usually die once in the first two minutes or so with the initial rush.

Well that means for the majority of the match your going to crit 5% less often, have 5% less bonus damage, have 5% less health, or have 5% less of your main stat(and internal damage res.). Of course if multiple people get put in jail then you will have 1 or 2 more buffs but most likely never all 4.

Compared to someone that does have all of these that is a huge difference! Having these buffs versus not having them would be the equivalent of basically have an adrenal or 2 active the entire match.

I currently will have 3/4 of the buffs but I still hope they make these purchasable for people without alts because it would mess with balance significantly.

Do you always leave the spawn area alone?

2/3 of the Warzones have a timed door that waits for others to arrive. If even one other person is in there w/ you, your odds of having all 4 buffs will be much higher than it is right now.

That would be a buff to you.

And there are people like me who will buff as soon as I near the group from the spawn area, to help out.

It's not going to mess w/ balance at all, because everything this game is balanced for is in a group setting, where the odds of somebody having all of the class buffs (or just 1 of each archetype) are extremely likely.

No offense, but people who refuse to play any other class except the first one they rolled (like the OP) are the extreme minority, and he is not losing out on anything at all in any group setting. If he wants to solo things better, he can put in the work for it.

Edited by Varicite

And there are people like me who will buff as soon as I near the group from the spawn area, to help out.

I've said it before, but this isn't necessarily a good idea with the +Endurance buff from Troopers and Bounty Hunters. When someone who already has the +Endurance buff gets it refreshed, their maximum health is briefly reduced to its unbuffed level and so if they were at max health before receiving the re-buff they will effectively take damage.

Hmm...I actually do see this as a bit of an issue. The class buffs are nothing to sneeze at. Pretty interesting--I'd missed that note on the Legacy system.

What if they just tweaked it so that class buffs are carried over through death in warzones? That seems like it could be a pretty good solution that wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Hmm...I actually do see this as a bit of an issue. The class buffs are nothing to sneeze at. Pretty interesting--I'd missed that note on the Legacy system.

What if they just tweaked it so that class buffs are carried over through death in warzones? That seems like it could be a pretty good solution that wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Why is it that you can't just deal w/ not having something that you didn't want to work for?

Especially something that you will still be able to receive the benefits of everyone else's work for..

Why is it that you can't just deal w/ not having something that you didn't want to work for?

Especially something that you will still be able to receive the benefits of everyone else's work for..

I had this discussion with someone the other day who was complaining about the patch and how now things are going to be easier for folks to get the armor he put in all that time for. Then in the next breath he said it wasnt right that some folks will have all the buffs.

He plays 1 character period. I tried for 20 mins to get him to understand, his working for armor was no different than the time I have spent working on all the alts hehe. It boggles my mind at time how self absorbed folks can get to not see a bigger picture if it doesnt benefit them directly.

why would anyone leave this game which has PvP (even though there are those that think its just sucks) to a game that has none at launch?

Why I played a game that launched with less features than games made a decade ago, I'll never know.

This is a Bioware game, so the main development focus was on the storyline. If you want to waste time grinding the next tier of gear so you can delude yourself into thinking it makes you a better player they already have a game for that, it's called WoW.

Dude pretty sure these buffs are only for PvE.

Relax.

The legacy companion buffs are a flat buff to your character.

Got naked on PTS and my only companion that gave me stuff was jaessa.

Had +1% crit multiplier while naked.

+8% max health, accuracy, healing recieved, surge and crit chance are all kinda crazy.

These buffs apply universally to all your characters, whether companions are summoned/out or not.

My only problem with this is that Bioware stated previously that they wanted to limit the amount of work it takes to min/max towards what you were doing. Yet these changes contradict their statements.

Similar to how they said they wanted to kill hybrid builds/specs yet they seemed to open up a pandora's box of juggernaut hybrids in 1.2

Edited by Schwarzwald

MMO maker- you have to put hundreds of hours of work into grinding out gear before you're able to fight other players without being utterly creamed

Player 1, who pvps one character for ten hours a day- that sounds fair, it makes sense that pvp should be about gear earned through time

Casual Player 2, who doesn't- so if I play the game that was advertised as one that was friendly to casuals and that'd encourage levelling and playing multiple characters, I'm simply never going to compare on any character I play? Despite the game supposedly encouraging that?

Player 1- u mad bro?

MMO maker- you have to put hundreds of hours of work into grinding out four fifties of different classes to get a small buff to your stats

Player 1- THAT IS UNFAIR, RAAAAAAAGE!!!!! THIS ISN'T LIKE WOW MIN/MAXING SO ITS BAD!!!!

Player 2- u mad bro?

MMO maker- you have to put hundreds of hours of work into grinding out gear before you're able to fight other players without being utterly creamed

Player 1, who pvps one character for ten hours a day- that sounds fair, it makes sense that pvp should be about gear earned through time

Casual Player 2, who doesn't- so if I play the game that was advertised as one that was friendly to casuals and that'd encourage levelling and playing multiple characters, I'm simply never going to compare on any character I play? Despite the game supposedly encouraging that?

Player 1- u mad bro?

MMO maker- you have to put hundreds of hours of work into grinding out four fifties of different classes to get a small buff to your stats

Player 1- THAT IS UNFAIR, RAAAAAAAGE!!!!! THIS ISN'T LIKE WOW MIN/MAXING SO ITS BAD!!!!

Player 2- u mad bro?

lol ya that sums it up well

I had this discussion with someone the other day who was complaining about the patch and how now things are going to be easier for folks to get the armor he put in all that time for. Then in the next breath he said it wasnt right that some folks will have all the buffs.

He plays 1 character period. I tried for 20 mins to get him to understand, his working for armor was no different than the time I have spent working on all the alts hehe. It boggles my mind at time how self absorbed folks can get to not see a bigger picture if it doesnt benefit them directly.

Hehe, it would have been a much more accurate argument if you had just told him:

How would you feel if you got to Valor 60, and anyone who was in your group could just buy BM gear because you did the work to get to Valor 60?

And then instead of being happy that they can have BM gear thanks to your hard work, they complain that you get to have BM gear AT ALL.

This might be considered unfair if it were actually true; fortunately for all of us, it's not. You only have to complete Act I.

Edited by Varicite

Reroll Shadow dude, unless you already have one

- They are making it easier to level up and play the Most OP class ever.

- If you already have a Shadow, then you are already winning.

I fail to see the problem here.

hardly OP (see ranged dps classes) that are always top of the pvp dps hands down.

lol, all is good then

It's a shame the guy you're quoting is wrong. The example they used was from PvP, it stands to reason that the class buffs are available in PvP. Just like they are RIGHT NOW.

hardly OP (see ranged dps classes) that are always top of the pvp dps hands down.

Are you still playing this game 3 months ago? The 3 most dominant classes in PvP right now are Marauder, Tankasin, and Powertech. 2 are melee, and the 3rd is a melee hybrid. <.<

It makes me sad.

Why should I play bh character if I dislike both mercs and pts?

Also, I transfered another server because of low population. Don't want to level the same character just to get buff.

Stupid idea. The only thing why I'm still here it is almost no pve grinding for pvp (WOW for me has too much pve to play pvp).

It makes me sad.

Why should I play bh character if I dislike both mercs and pts?

Also, I transfered another server because of low population. Don't want to level the same character just to get buff.

Stupid idea. The only thing why I'm still here it is almost no pve grinding for pvp (WOW for me has too much pve to play pvp).

You'll get all the buffs whenever you're doing anything in a group. Don't be sad. : )

It won't be any different than it is now.

Never until now have a seen a MMO company that "punished" people focusing on 1 char and investing whatever time they had in this particular character, until now...

I was amazed when I read about the coming legacy class buff that lets you have all 4 class buffs in one as long as you level 4 char in different classes and finish chapter 2 on them. For starters, who wants to go PvE another 3 chars to be competitive in PvP? I sure as h... don't.

I put this in here because I think scenarios like WZs is where your lack of buffs will hurt the most since you'll most likely take a dirtnab a few times during the game. So am I as a SW to miss out on 5% crit, 5% endurance etc. during most fights? Stats that are very very hard to obtain through other means.

I think it's ridicolous and downright a bad idea. Why should everyone (who can be bothered) have the excact same buffs in the end? To me it makes no sense at all. You may as well remove them.

Bleh and enough with the QQ

What do you mean "go PvE?" Just do Warzones, class story and combat. If you're on a populated server you'll get ALOT of WZ to actually level off them. That's what I'm doing.

Also helps with understanding the other classes if you know exactly what their tools and their limitations are. Alot more than simple theorycraft.