Advanced Prototype 1.2 buff.

Nijraw

Prototype Cylinder Ventilation

While High Energy Gas Cylinder is active, you have a [50 / 100]% chance to vent 8 heat and restoring 4% of total health every 6 seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/bOwzWTZ/prototype-cylinder-ventilation

A Bounty Hunter's version of a Operative Concealment skill:

Revitalizers

Stim Boost now additionally grants Revitalizers, restoring 2% of total health every 3 seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/2p8b5gy/revitalizers

Advanced Prototype is pretty much the melee tree of the advanced class, because Advanced Prototype lacks the damage reduction or heavy ranged fire power of Shield Tech and Pyrotech having this passive self heal would give Advanced Prototype the much needed PvP and PvE viability and survivability.

Edited by Nijraw

Make Prototype Flame Thrower 15% damage increase per stack, but only stack 3x (instead of 5x), and I will be the first to respec AP. The overall damage is decreased by 5%, but at least it would make Advanced Tools more useful.

I do feel this would be a decent change (Basically saying the the text of the old Kolto talent actually works how it was originally written)

In general, AP has the least amount of defensive useful abilities out of any of the melee.

No vanish, no good cool-downs, no "blind". It is sort of just there. Devs seem to forget how useless "heavy" Armor is in PvP and can't give something top tier in AP to help it last longer. (Something say inaccessible to Pyro or Tank for balance reasons).

Damage Increases are nice, but lasting longer in a practical setting would make it a better spec.

I do feel this would be a decent change (Basically saying the the text of the old Kolto talent actually works how it was originally written)

In general, AP has the least amount of defensive useful abilities out of any of the melee.

No vanish, no good cool-downs, no "blind". It is sort of just there. Devs seem to forget how useless "heavy" Armor is in PvP and can't give something top tier in AP to help it last longer. (Something say inaccessible to Pyro or Tank for balance reasons).

Damage Increases are nice, but lasting longer in a practical setting would make it a better spec.

This hits the nail on the head. I'd support this change.

Agooz's suggested change for prototype flame thrower is another one I'd like to see. Either that or make flame sweep add 2 stacks instead of 1, since the heat cost is so much higher. Better yet, make it so you get a stack for every player you hit with flame sweep.

They should also increase RB's and Gut's snare to 15 seconds. It's only 30% and why would we want to spam the DoT? Counterproductive.

Aside from that, as someone else have suggested on this forum, Stabilized armour should persist 3-4 seconds after we drop out of stun, increasing our survivability tremendously.

Also, please do something Serrated blades, it's terrible :)

Agooz mentioned changing the requirement for Proto Flamethrower to 3 stacks, I think an alternative could be something like this. Merc Arsenal tree has an ability that allows TM to apply 2 stacks of the heat signature per hit. AP should have an ability like that as well. Give us an ability to spend points on in our tree that gives us 2 stacks of Proto Flame Thower per hit of Flame Burst, Flame Sweep or Immolate. That means we wouildn't use Immolate once and then spam FB 4 times in order to get 5 stacks of Proto. We would only need to use it 3 times to get 5 stacks at the cost of 1 point in our skill tree. Our Flamethrower cooldown is already on a 15-20 second timer (depending on build) so it's not like we could spam that ability. It just gives us more incentive to use it and with the new 70% slow added to a 5 stack Proto it would give us a better chance to get some decent DPS out of the ability without having to spam FB 5 times to build it up. Edited by Ceepo

cmon guys lol this would be a tiny bit OP... Operatives have it cus they don't have a gap closer, or a range stun, or heavy armor :p

I can see myself never ever dying with this...

Operatives can also self cast heal and vanish, Bounty Hunters can not as a PT

This. I'm glad there's a few PTs on these forums that don't have some sort of mental disability.

Debatable :)

I think the issue is people play a spec on a server that may have undergeared or terrible opponent and believe a spec is fine and blind themselves to the glaring issues that it actually has.

Debatable :)

I think the issue is people play a spec on a server that may have undergeared or terrible opponent and believe a spec is fine and blind themselves to the glaring issues that it actually has.

says the guy on a low pop server with little progression.

Define "Progression" o' Matriarch of the AP Crusade.

You also seem to not understand what Low Pop means either.

Edited by exphryl

Lol?

Progression in swtor comes to a screeching halt upon hitting 50. Not sure what progression you think there is in this game to be obtained.

This isn't EQ2 here where the top WW guilds still can't clear raid content to this day.

Get real, kid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.