Onboard AED - New Mercenary ability 3/29.

TheNinjaboy

PTS latest patch notes -

* Mercenary

Onboard AED is a new level 50 ability that allows the Mercenary to revive an incapacitated ally. It is usable in combat.

Wow this is great news for DPS Mercs who got a 3% critical hit chance reduction, 5% damage reduction, and a 33% increased CD (w/ gear bonus) their main CC.

Oh yeah also 37% reduction in AoE size on DFA and no interrupt protection for 31ptrs.

/sarcasm

Well hopefully the BG Mercs are a little happier with this news.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

PTS latest patch notes -

* Mercenary

Onboard AED is a new level 50 ability that allows the Mercenary to revive an incapacitated ally. It is usable in combat.

Wow this is great news for DPS Mercs who got a 3% critical hit chance reduction, 5% damage reduction, and a 33% increased CD (w/ gear bonus) their main CC.

Oh yeah also 37% reduction in AoE size on DFA and no interrupt protection for 31ptrs.

/sarcasm

Well hopefully the BG Mercs are a little happier with this news.

that would be nice if DFA wasnt so screwed up.

We should be able to use it on ourself, that would make sense? :p

I think a jet pack escape ability for at least both DPS trees (but preferably any spec) would make sense. New ability is good for healers, though. I'm happy for them.

You're wrong. Its a 61% reduction in AoE size. The AoE will be 39% of what it originally was. Effectively decreasing our Damagenumbers in WZs with 100-200k right there. Good thing sages and other classes still pertain their 8m radius though. im happy for them.

BW doesnt intend us to be an AoE class, that added too much flavor. They intended us to be a 1 button spamming class, and thats what we have to be even more so after the patch as our AoE is gimped. Now just with less damage though.

But I guess we deserve all the nerfs we can get. We are simply too awesome. I hardly never lose a duel ever. Except against evengeared players with interrupts.

Edited by Niconogood

I think a jet pack escape ability for at least both DPS trees (but preferably any spec) would make sense. New ability is good for healers, though. I'm happy for them.

This can not be said enough. Preferably pyro. ^^

Edited by Verraton

About DFA Nerf

Just in case you guys didnt know, DFA was affecting an area MUCH larger than the animation. It was not intended to do so, Other AEs don't do that (or don't do it NEARLY as bad as DFA did) On my merc I could take out entire packs with one DFA... That was a little much.

About DFA Nerf

Just in case you guys didnt know, DFA was affecting an area MUCH larger than the animation. It was not intended to do so, Other AEs don't do that (or don't do it NEARLY as bad as DFA did) On my merc I could take out entire packs with one DFA... That was a little much.

Absolutely. Mercs should never have an awesome ability like Shadows, Sith Warriors, or Sorcs.

Actually Powertechs should not have good abilities either.............

Bounty Hunters should be auto-rooted by Sith Warriors on every attack and have a -30% damage reduction.

All Melee CC should not generate resolve on BH too.

We really need to leave nothing to chance and make sure that as soon as a Melee is on us there is no way for us to win.

I think adding the self-rez to AED is a good solution so that it will allow Melee to farm more.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

I dunno, I never felt like DFA had too big an AOE, or OP in any way. If anything, it's our only real AOE that's any use. Fusion missile is only effective if the mobs are hugging each other in my experience, and sweeping blasters is really only good for mopping up if you've somehow managed to bring a group to deaths door without killing any. Flamethrower is nice, but I like to stay further away than feasible for it to be effective. More often than not the groups aren't close enough for even DFA's big AOE to be particularly effective, I just like the knockdown more than anything.

PTS latest patch notes -

* Mercenary

with the healer nerfs we are going to be needing those BRes's

hope they give us 3 per fight

DFA really was too big.

I know it always sucks when something gets nerfed but...

You do realize its the most powerful ranged AOE in the game, right?

Ever heard of Orbital Strike? Cast and forget.