Are rocket boost useable in WZ's?

Tipkaee

We had a very long developer blog recently released talking about a whole bunch of stuff that has very little impact on lategame pvp or pve, most of the stuff was convenience or cosmetic. However does anyone know if their is proof that the high legacy unlock "rocket boost" is useable in pvp or not? Nothing was said if it could be, and offering a legacy advantage to end game content does not sit well with me, even if it is out of combat only, that is still a big advantage.

THREAD HAS BEEN ANSWERED in this weeks Q&A, not much more to say now.

"AetherMcLoud: Is the Legacy Rocket Boost usable in PVP? I sincerely hope not, because if it is that would extremely unbalance Warzones between stinking rich people and people with a more moderate amount of credits.

Daniel Erickson: The Legacy Rocket Boost is most definitely not available in Warzones."

Edited by Tipkaee

I expect yes. It is not tied to heroic moments.

and i quote:

Some of you may be concerned about Heroic Abilities making the game unbalanced or just looking wrong if used frequently. We had this in mind during development, so as a result Heroic Abilities can only be used while you are using your class’ Heroic Moment ability. These are abilities you already have that require an active companion to use and that currently boost your regeneration while active, allowing you to take on tougher opponents.

By requiring you to use these abilities with a companion present, we ensure that people who play multiple characters do not gain an advantage during the end game or in Warzones. By also only allowing Heroic Abilities during the brief window of time that a Heroic Moment ability is active, they remain a relatively rare occurrence. You won’t see Jedi running around spamming Force Choke all the time.

taken from: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120329

and i quote:

taken from: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120329

In that text, they are only strictly talking about the Heroic Abilities -- which are the unlocks based on class (someone with a 50 Sith Warrior being able to use Force Choke on a Smuggler, for example).

The section in that post about the Rocket Boost is much further down under "Other Unlocks." Nothing in that blog post indicates that Rocket Boost will have the same restriction as the Heroic Abilities. We need a direct dev answer on this one.

In that text, they are only strictly talking about the Heroic Abilities -- which are the unlocks based on class (someone with a 50 Sith Warrior being able to use Force Choke on a Smuggler, for example).

The section in that post about the Rocket Boost is much further down under "Other Unlocks." Nothing in that blog post indicates that Rocket Boost will have the same restriction as the Heroic Abilities. We need a direct dev answer on this one.

Yep exactly what i saw. The post implies no advantage is to be gained by the legacy system, but its possible this may have been overlooked or deemed acceptable. Clarification could be helpful so I could know now if I need to start doing alts and PVE content to gain legacy levels faster.

Yep exactly what i saw. The post implies no advantage is to be gained by the legacy system, but its possible this may have been overlooked or deemed acceptable. Clarification could be helpful so I could know now if I need to start doing alts and PVE content to gain legacy levels faster.

Im hoping now, having that unlock would be mandatory .... which really should never be the case.

Besides, its game breaking ....

If it's useable out of combat i don't see the difference between it and regular sprint now. everyone can have it, they just have to unlock it.

Don't ruin this for everyone, guys. Last time a community whined about a "gamebreaking" ability, it was never put in... in any shape or form.

If it's useable out of combat i don't see the difference between it and regular sprint now. everyone can have it, they just have to unlock it.

Don't ruin this for everyone, guys. Last time a community whined about a "gamebreaking" ability, it was never put in... in any shape or form.

Something that would require 500+ hours of gameplay is not avaible to everyone, I think at the guild summit they mentioned around legacy 35 you would unlock this perk.

Also you must not be familiar with the advantages of reaching the hut-ball or nodes first. If this is only useable outside of combat they still play a huge role in determining the winner of a WZ.

I don't want this excluded from the game, I want cool additions like this, I just don't want advantages awarded that are unreasonable for the majority to easily obtain. I am all for this perk being added, just have it disabled for WZ's.

Edited by Tipkaee

Something that would require 500+ hours of gameplay is not avaible to everyone, I think at the guild summit they mentioned around legacy 35 you would unlock this perk.

Also you must not be familiar with the advantages of reaching the hut-ball or nodes first. If this is only useable outside of combat they still play a huge role in determining the winner of a WZ.

I don't want this excluded from the game, I want cool additions like this, I just don't want advantages awarded that are unreasonable for the majority to easily obtain. I am all for this perk being added, just have it disabled for WZ's.

lucky me im about to hit legacy level 35 :cool:

lucky me im about to hit legacy level 35 :cool:

I was wrong, according to http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19982-guild-summit-patch-1-2-hands-on-highlights

its "Rocket Boost – Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20" so if the boost are useable in pvp be ready to dish out 5 million to be on an equal footing.

so if rocket boots arent the bh unlock then what is?

We really need a Dev answer on this issue.

Rocket Boots in PVP would start a slippery slope of giving every unique class ability (Charge, Pull, Push, ...) to every class via legacy for PVP usage.

Also it would mean every new player would have to farm 5 million credits to be on equal footing in PVP warzones which would be beyond ridiculous.

Flame sweep.

Nothing gained through legacy is usable in PvP.

/thread

They explicitly stated the buff unlocks (gain a class buff when you level another character to 50) were usable in PVP. So I expect the speed boost would be, as it's not tied to heroic moment which was their method for keeping it out of PVP/instances.

Everybody will be speeding up around like sorcerers.

The BH will use his so far useless jets.

Smugglers will roll with skates.

Troopers will fart and speed up.

Vanguards will hook on the wall like spider man.

Agents will call a tie-fighter for a ride.

Knights will use magical Mario Bros boots.

Everybody will be speeding up around like sorcerers.

The BH will use his so far useless jets.

Smugglers will roll with skates.

Troopers will fart and speed up.

Vanguards will hook on the wall like spider man.

Agents will call a tie-fighter for a ride.

Knights will use magical Mario Bros boots.

haha lol

How about some gorram answer from Bioware on this issue? this isn't the first thread asking this, and this is pretty much a make-or-break issue for a lot of PVP players. We really need a dev answer stating clearly if rocket boots will be usable in warzones or not.