Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had a story which worked perfectly until that Legacy came along. Most of my chars were connected in some way (won't go into details, too long to write), they all take part in the same main events, some help each other, others get in a way, and they all are in early 20s-mid 30s age range. Some are family, but they are brothers/sisters.

But now, apparently, I have to rewrite it all just because I want a force choke for my smuggler?

Or am I missing something and force abilities can be unlocked not only through parent-child relationships but through allies/rivals connections too?

Nono, you don't *have* to have fathers and mothers to be able to do that. If they're siblings, that'll work, too.

sorry buddy...swtor isn't a pvp game. Yes there is pvp in it, but that doesn't mean it's a pvp game :)

According to the Devs SWTOR PvP is very much more popular than it's PvE.

The PvE is laughable in this game but that doesn't change the fact that server transfers are not just for pvp players so I don't see your point.

Legacy is all good I don't hate it I like it but it's not that important compared to soooo many real issues the game has. That's all I'm saying and wasting time on it while people are really concerned about not having any one to play with is foolish.

Huh...cool I guess. But...how does this add more than a few minutes of content while I shuffle around trees?

The new content coming with 1.2 is not part of the Legacy system. This blog was only featuring a small part of 1.2 - The Legacy System.

There is also a new flashpoint, and a new Operation coming.

Why is everyone forgetting Shmi? Shmi's at the head of the Skywalker clan...

I hope the Legacy update comes out soon, but I have to ask: different classes get different Cyborg gear? That sucks. I hope once my Cyborg BH reaches 50 I can get a Character Recustomization...

P.S. Cats go "Meow," Dogs go "Woof," MMO Players go "The PVP Is Unbalanced."

Edited by Jarjarsgenius

The new content coming with 1.2 is not part of the Legacy system. This blog was only featuring a small part of 1.2 - The Legacy System.

There is also a new flashpoint, and a new Operation coming.

HM flashpoints take 30min to complete, Ops can take a full night...Legacy (which seems to have Bioware giddy with excitement), takes less than that and isn't even "content"...just a flow chart?!

Edited by TUXs

No one cares about constructing a family tree. Thanks for wasting development resources on a poorly disguised credit sink for useless perks that no one asked for.

Don't worry there will soon be about 4 SWTOR servers left with all the legacy the 4000 or so people that will play this game can handle.

sorry buddy...swtor isn't a pvp game. Yes there is pvp in it, but that doesn't mean it's a pvp game :)

Really? cuz the only people I see in the Fleets anymore are the PVPr's who are still fighting the good fight every day.

I've said it many times-- without a viable PVP endgame, and eventually territorial PVP-- an MMO is destined for the junk heap with all the other F2P games.

Well, I had a story which worked perfectly until that Legacy came along. Most of my chars were connected in some way (won't go into details, too long to write), they all take part in the same main events, some help each other, others get in a way, and they all are in early 20s-mid 30s age range. Some are family, but they are brothers/sisters.

But now, apparently, I have to rewrite it all just because I want a force choke for my smuggler?

Or am I missing something and force abilities can be unlocked not only through parent-child relationships but through allies/rivals connections too?

You do not need to make your family tree any certain way just to get the abilities.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3645559#edit3645559

HM flashpoints take 30min to complete, Ops can take a full night...Legacy (which seems to have Bioware giddy with excitement), takes less than that and isn't even "content"...just a flow chart?!

I'm almost as excited about Legacy as I was with Storyteller tokens in SWG.

You may not be particularly excited about Legacy, but that does not mean, in any way whatsoever, that no one is.

Really? cuz the only people I see in the Fleets anymore are the PVPr's who are still fighting the good fight every day.

I've said it many times-- without a viable PVP endgame, and eventually territorial PVP-- an MMO is destined for the junk heap with all the other F2P games.

Yeah, kinda like EQ, which is still sub-based, no real PvP to speak of, and is still going quite strong all these 13 years later, right?

50 cents a day? For more content than any other MMO has ever launched with? And with more content coming? 1.2 has a new flashpoint, a new Operation, more content to ALL 8 storylines is coming, content has already been written a year in advance....

Seriously, bring your head back into the light so you can see what's right in front of you.

Buddy this is either your first MMO or you're just trolling.. The PvE in this game is laughable, they need to fix things before they can continue to bring out more bugs.

Don't compare this to any MMO launch from 7 years ago cause it's not 7 years ago. If you want to sell me a car for the price of a Benz then it better have all the features a Benz has or... I guess I'm a sucker that likes to get played...

Edited by Quintan

In your Legacy picture example I see 3 men and 1 woman followed by a ring that contains the option to add children, with one child already added.

!) Whos child is that from? Do the other 3 characters know which one got her pregnant

2) Is it possible to have 4 men in a family tree and still have children?

3) if you have a child, does he look like a child in game as well?

I dunno if you're tracking when people quote you or not but... you are really misinterpreting the family tree in that image. =)

The top two men are connected as brothers. The woman is connected to the brother on the left as an ally. She is married to the man to the right of her. The player is adding the children of the married couple.

As for the 4 men and still have children... I don't know for sure but I would assume you could do that since any one of those men could go knock some random woman up. I doubt we'll have to make BOTH parents as characters before being able to add a child in the mix, especially considering there's only 8 slots per server. D: Hope this helps!

Buddy this is either your first MMO or you're just trolling.. The PvE in this game is laughable, they need to fix things before they can continue to bring out more bugs.

I've been MMOing for over a decade, and you, sir, are throwing around opinions like it's fact. Stop.

The PvE in this game is the best I've experienced in those 10+ years.

Don't compare this to any MMO launch from 7 years ago cause it's not 7 years ago. If you want to sell me a car for the price of a Benz then it better have all the features a Benz has or... I guess I'm a sucker that likes to get played...

I was actually comparing this to an MMO launch not even a year ago. TOR already has, and is adding, more content than even RIFT did. Now that IS measurable.

Another poster said this earlier, but no, you don't have to make them through parent-child relationships. That was just an example that was used. As long as they are in the same legacy, all unlocked abilities are available to all characters that have completed Chapter 3.

I've been MMOing for over a decade, and you, sir, are throwing around opinions like it's fact. Stop.

The PvE in this game is the best I've experienced in those 10+ years.

I was actually comparing this to an MMO launch not even a year ago. TOR already has, and is adding, more content than even RIFT did. Now that IS measurable.

Come on now, this is the real lie wth lmao

The one thing I find funny is how they omit the fact that Padme and Han both kept their own last names, but that is something we are unable to do with the legacy system.

There are some great things about this I'm looking forward to, but in other ways there are fundamental flaws in how the system works, flaws that detract from the "Star Wars-ness" of the game.

As to the argument that this is fluff. Yep it is fluff, but fluff keeps games going and 1.2 is not just legacy updates. There is new content (PvE and PvP) coming in this update as well as others down the line.

The game is not perfect, no game is, but to pick it apart for now having a huge content update when it has been less than six months since launch is just plain silly.

I'm almost as excited about Legacy as I was with Storyteller tokens in SWG.

You may not be particularly excited about Legacy, but that does not mean, in any way whatsoever, that no one is.

So you're equating a family flow chart that ONLY you can see, to the storyteller system in SWG that allowed players to create and sell their own quests? LOL! You can not be serious. At least Storyteller benefited the GAME...this a PURELY invisible and cosmetic thing.

Getting rewards such as mailboxes in ships and stuff like this is fine. But having chararcters get skills that normally are not in their class does not seem right.

Hope I'm wrong but it feels like they're getting a bit desperate and they're changing the game around. Not a good move.

Another thing, considering the low population on servers, being able to get social points is really tough to do. Getting groups is terribly hard and when you do get lucky, usually when the mission ends, everyone leaves the group so there's no chance for social pts.

Requiring social points for rewards will be difficult.