The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I love SWTOR

Nebachadnezzer

Theres been more posts in this thread criticizing critics than actual critiques.

In otherwords, I see more of and more passionate hater haters than just haters in these forums.

For some reason they love going around trashing people over their keyboard and under the comfort of their anonymity.

You just said hater haters.....

perhaps we have gone too far?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really wanted to love this game. And for a while, I did.

But the server population is what's killing the experience for me; I had to skip out on most of the flashpoints while leveling because I could never find a group. And now that I'm at 50, even trying to find a PvP match can be an issue. At best, I can remember seeing the fleet have 50 some players, now it can be as low as a dozen.

So now I'm patiently waiting for a server merge; anything to change my experience from single player to an MMO.

Yeah I said hater haters, and many fanboys who run apologetics campaigns in mmo forums take it too far. They don't help their cause.

And so, the wise person reading the forums learns to reject the extremes on both sides and deal with the far more rational middle.

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

I love this game too!

Although I wish my husband would hit 50... We've been playing through story together since day one as a Knight (me) and Consular (him). Occasionally we'll veer off from story and do PvP warzones, space missions, or other things if one of us isn't online but we never do the side missions/story missions without each other.

Thank Bioware for alts, each having different engaging stories I could play with while he's not around!

I love this game too!

Although I wish my husband would hit 50... We've been playing through story together since day one as a Knight (me) and Consular (him). Occasionally we'll veer off from story and do PvP warzones, space missions, or other things if one of us isn't online but we never do the side missions/story missions without each other.

Thank Bioware for alts, each having different engaging stories I could play with while he's not around!

yeah i do the same with my wife, when she was not on i would level my alts. now that we both have 50s, she moved on to her alt and im playing my BH :)

I love it too. But in the last week my guild has dwindled out. Dunnow what the deal is, but two weeks ago we had 15-20 people on every night. Then a few people quit because of drama, and now everyone has stopped logging in... We were just slamming raids, pvp and all kinds of crazy ****. Dunno what went wrong...

I absolutely love the game, but perhaps it's because during college/pharmacy school I knew better than to get into MMO's since my love of old-school D&D and online MUD's nearly destroyed my high school GPA. I resisted my friends' attempts to get me into WoW (although I did join them in a SW D&D game for a few weeks right before graduation), and now most of them have moved on to SWTOR... We started a guild pretty much immediately after the game was released, and we all continue to game together even though we're all in different cities now. It seems like SWTOR and Ventrilo have replaced the phone or even Facebook as our primary contact method.

Then again, I have no say on End-Game Content, as I only recently reached level 50 with my BH and I still have a lot of stuff left to do. But if it's lacking, I still have 7 more unique Star Wars stories (15 if you split up the Light\Dark sides for each character)... that's more than plenty to keep me busy until the first expansion comes out. Now if I can only get my fiancee to join up as I level my smuggler... :cool:

Then again, I have no say on End-Game Content, as I only recently reached level 50 with my BH and I still have a lot of stuff left to do. But if it's lacking, I still have 7 more unique Star Wars stories (15 if you split up the Light\Dark sides for each character)... that's more than plenty to keep me busy until the first expansion comes out. Now if I can only get my fiancee to join up as I level my smuggler... :cool:

From 28:22 onwards, someone suggested a "Lucas style" operation that will blow away what WoW has to offer. 2 people fighting a Sith Lord, 2 people in starships space combat, and the rest on some undercover operation.

Surprisingly, the devs have thought about this! So I hope we do get to that point where such a unique type operation exists.

Because they did not fail, STO is just a great game-

people are here to complain about TOR and the six foot list of missing features. I am a little unhappy about paying full price for half a game, too.

I'm really not sure if you are serious, I cant see how you could call STO a 'good game' and then say SWTOR is missing features. STO was not a good game at all and if you think it was you should think SWTOR is god's gift to man. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending, but that comment just blew my mind.

I'm really not sure if you are serious, I cant see how you could call STO a 'good game' and then say SWTOR is missing features. STO was not a good game at all and if you think it was you should think SWTOR is god's gift to man. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending, but that comment just blew my mind.

It's because he is an STO fanboi. BioWare always advertised this game as being a themepark. Yet people still come here and cry "where is my sandbox I was promised!"

Don't bother trying to figure them out.

STO shipped with a faction and a half. NO unique level experience for Klingon at all. and no romulans, cardassians, borg or anything else. You literally HAD to start federation characters to play STO. That alone is pretty bad. That would be like SWTOR launching with only republic and you have to play them to level 10 to "unlock" empire characters with no storyline so you have to grind on world mobs and pvp.

The missing features of STO were pretty bad. the ground game alone was bereft of descent content. about every other ground mission, my companions would be beamed into rock or a tree and become unusable forcing me to beam back up, which resets the mission.

The space game was pretty good and I would even say polished, but the support systems didnt exsist, such as pvp matching, battlegrounds, dungeons and raids, and so on. They eventually added a raid with a patch just as I was leaving but at that point it was too late for me.

Its also worth a mention that memory alpha had to be the uglist zone I ever visited in any game. most of thier interiors were questionable at best, except ds9. but memory alpha was terribad. It was really really bad. the layouts for interiors were not good either. If you think swtor zones felt a little on the large side, try playing on a starship at the size of a 3 year old. Those halls were so big my character felt like he needed adult supervision. The only zone even close was ds9. I have to wonder who made the ds9 station because it was really quite good. that person should have been the art director.

Yeah I gotta say I'm hooked and enjoying it. The potential is great and Iv lost many hours to pvp and stupid **** like running a lowbie fp and feeling biblical just for the **** of it.

Gonna play loads but I'm still aware that if wasn't star wars I doubt I'd put up with silly easy mistakes made.

Edited by DakataTan

Sure seems like a lot of the "I love it!" people aren't 50 yet or don't have empty servers, it is good to see your all enjoying yourselves and have busy lives. ;)

Had empty server-itis. Moved. :) MMOs are something to play for quite awhile (assuming you like 'em) so starting over wasn't a horrible thing.

Closest to 50 is a 42 and I'm in no hurry at all. I enjoy the journey and don't worry much about the destination. ;)

Remember, "/ignore" is your friend, and it works on the forums as well as the game. Just right-click on the portrait.

It's reduced my blood pressure an amazing amount.

This, Ignore is a godsend for these boards.

I made a copy of every I quit post and it is funny to see that a lot of the "quitters" are actually still playing and posting after they swore they were leaving and never coming back. You all know who you are, and so do I ;)

To the OP: I agree 100%. I love the game and find new things I love about it everyday. I am not immune to it's flaws though, but Bioware seems to be addressing most of my concerns in 1.2 so I am a patient boy, I wait , I wait , I wait, I wait and enjoy the game in the meantime.

Star Wars is growing on me. I came here because I was bored out of my mind after 7 years in WoW.

The change from WoW to SWToR was jarring for a while. I'm not a Star Wars lore geek, so I don't get all the references to the lore. OMG, I miss dragons; will always miss dragons!

I found a great guild with great people here. I'm raiding again, which is what I really enjoy doing in an MMO. There is always something going on.

Don't believe the folks who say that Star Wars is more buggy than Vanilla WoW. I started WoW shortly after it's release. I remember dying to invisible mobs, falling through the world for more than 24 hours, awkward qualification processes to enter instances, long long server crashes, etc etc. I admire how well Star Wars was implemented.

WoW's Pandaland expansion? Companion pet battles and pandas simply don't thrill me.

I'm hoping SWToR continues to add new content. I look forward to getting super addicted to ToR. :)

Star Wars is growing on me. I came here because I was bored out of my mind after 7 years in WoW.

The change from WoW to SWToR was jarring for a while. I'm not a Star Wars lore geek, so I don't get all the references to the lore. OMG, I miss dragons; will always miss dragons!

I found a great guild with great people here. I'm raiding again, which is what I really enjoy doing in an MMO. There is always something going on.

Don't believe the folks who say that Star Wars is more buggy than Vanilla WoW. I started WoW shortly after it's release. I remember dying to invisible mobs, falling through the world for more than 24 hours, awkward qualification processes to enter instances, long long server crashes, etc etc. I admire how well Star Wars was implemented.

WoW's Pandaland expansion? Companion pet battles and pandas simply don't thrill me.

I'm hoping SWToR continues to add new content. I look forward to getting super addicted to ToR. :)

actually SWTOR was probably one of the most bug free launches I have been in, followed closely by DCUO which was also pretty tight launch.

I started playing because of the second weekend trial they ran. At first i wasn't too thriller by the game; but once my friends joined in the trial and we started to run around doing stuff together it became quite fun.

Once the trial ended me and my friends payed for the activation key giving us 30 days of play and i can honestly say i am slightly addicted to the game.

My only slight annoyance is that the character modification isn't very good and it would be nice to be able to edit your character as well as have lots more options (voices would be nice)