The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I love SWTOR

Nebachadnezzer

I cant help it. Tried not to. I actually planned to hate it. Now, 4 months in, I cant wait to get home and play. Curses!

Wish my wife would hit 50....

Then this game is not for you, go play something else.

just kidding :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as Fanbois who will throw just as big a tantrum if anyone has a valid issue.

Stop disguising "valid issues" with hyperbole such as "the game is unplayable" "the engine is broken" "no one is online" and you might get better responses.

Because they did not fail, STO is just a great game-

people are here to complain about TOR and the six foot list of missing features. I am a little unhappy about paying full price for half a game, too.

Space combat was alot of fun, but other then that the game felt hollow to me. I did not get a sense of a massive universe. Since my expectation of trek is to have a vast massive universe, and this game did not deliver that to me, it failed my expectations. Thats ok though and I wish them well, it just wasnt what I look for in a game. It failed me.

I like the SWTOR players and hanging around them. I just dislike the game.

I won't be done here until GW2 releases.

And when they actually open up forums you will be on there talking about how the game failed.

;)

This is another thing. The game will keep getting better and better. Very encouraging.

Just curious, and this is an honest question. What exactly do you find so engaging that you can't wait to get back home to play? We've all had that feeling with our favorite games, and unfortunately it didn't happen to me at all with TOR. So I am trying to understand. What compels you?

Just curious, and this is an honest question. What exactly do you find so engaging that you can't wait to get back home to play? We've all had that feeling with our favorite games, and unfortunately it didn't happen to me at all with TOR. So I am trying to understand. What compels you?

So none of your other questions have been honest?

(sorry, couldn't resist that.)

I look forward to kicking some Imps around, leveling an alt with my significant other, doing some FPs and OPs, maybe even a railshooter space mission from time to time.

Still haven't collected all the datacrons yet, either...I'm a slacker.

I have several things I am working on. Its hard to explain, but Ill do my best. First of all my ultimate goal is to have 2 of each class so i can play the advanced classes on each side. That is a LONG term goal which I dont know if I will ever reach.

My short term goal is to get my BH to a somehwat "finished" state. For me that means getting to rank 60 valor, which I am very close to, and then getting into at least all BM gear. I also plan to use this character to generate money which will be responsible for boosting up my legacy holdings. Things like mail boxes, vendors and so on. He is also responsible for the Imperial side cybertech goods, such as ship parts, mods, and so on. I am continueing to craft and re-enginner mods so I will have sets for my future classes. In that I am also preparing for the juggernaught I will be making next. This is a medium term goal as I need to finish the gear mods he will be using. I havent yet planned what things he will be doing for my personal empire.

When I get home tonight i will be mostly PvPing, sending comps on missions for tommorrows sale on the galactic market. weekends are best for selling. I will also most likely be asked to go help my wife with some of her level 30ish heroics she has on alderaan.

Thats the quick version of my plans in this game. I hope that helps. There is much more but I simply dont have time to type it all out.

I have several things I am working on. Its hard to explain, but Ill do my best. First of all my ultimate goal is to have 2 of each class so i can play the advanced classes on each side. That is a LONG term goal which I dont know if I will ever reach.

My short term goal is to get my BH to a somehwat "finished" state. For me that means getting to rank 60 valor, which I am very close to, and then getting into at least all BM gear. I also plan to use this character to generate money which will be responsible for boosting up my legacy holdings. Things like mail boxes, vendors and so on. He is also responsible for the Imperial side cybertech goods, such as ship parts, mods, and so on. I am continueing to craft and re-enginner mods so I will have sets for my future classes. In that I am also preparing for the juggernaught I will be making next. This is a medium term goal as I need to finish the gear mods he will be using. I havent yet planned what things he will be doing for my personal empire.

When I get home tonight i will be mostly PvPing, sending comps on missions for tommorrows sale on the galactic market. weekends are best for selling. I will also most likely be asked to go help my wife with some of her level 30ish heroics she has on alderaan.

Thats the quick version of my plans in this game. I hope that helps. There is much more but I simply dont have time to type it all out.

Thanks for response, that is truly great! Many players don't consider certain things you're doing "things to do" but instead complain that there's nothing to do, when in fact there is TONS to actually do, as you just pointed out.

Can I ask one more question... is this your first MMO, or do you have previous experience?

You had the right attitude, no high expections, no day dreaming about playing the game to find out it did not play the way it did in your dreams. I see so many posts how people had high expections and now in the forums raging because the game did not live up to those HIGH expections, and thing is no matter how good the game it could never live up to them, i see the same thing happening to GW2 and Diablo3. I learned along time ago high expections will kill your gaming fun faster than lost internet connection. I told myself another Star Wars game oh joy, and expected nothing, now I am having a blast in the game.

Indeed. I didn't even intend to play this game. I was perfectly happy over in Rift and my husband dragged me over here. He would not shut up about it and I finally caved in just so I could prove to him I tried it and didn't like it.

That was on 27 December.

Ooops. :o

Um...No. Source? This is so much and MMO. In my experience, so far. My Gf love's logging in and seeing 50-60 online(in guild). I think BW nailed it right on the head when it come to the design of their game. I for one am so glad the have resisted the whine from the boards and are going full steam ahead with their design

Console? NO! (had to get that out there)

I'm surprised by how much I am enjoying this game especially since I don't care for sci-fi and wasn't a particular SW fan.

Bioware and their damned stories. :p

Thanks for response, that is truly great! Many players don't consider certain things you're doing "things to do" but instead complain that there's nothing to do, when in fact there is TONS to actually do, as you just pointed out.

Can I ask one more question... is this your first MMO, or do you have previous experience?

Yes I am an MMO player. I have been playing since SWG beta. Played SWG up until the major combat patch when the game lost its unique flavor. I went to play wow under protest about 6 years ago and played up until spring 2011 when i realized that every expansion was just going to be the same thing as burning crusade only progressivly lower on the quality bar. So i tried black prophecy, war, eq2, sto, and a bunch of smaller mmos i cant remeber the names of. STO was the one I played the most at an entire month. I LOVE star trek, maybe more then star wars. The space combat reminded me of the old SFC series of games. but overall I was unimpressed. The game launched in a VERY unfinished state, and even the finished product didnt really give me what I was looking for which was a large, immersive, evolving world.

Then I played SWTOR which I had already decided was going to suck because it wasnt SWG2.

Haters are never gonna let any thread stay positive. For some reason they love goin around trashing the heq out of this game.
Probably more of a compulsive need than love.

But I too am really enjoying this game. Whether I'm only on for an hour or can devote a whole day, night or weekend to playing, there is always fun stuff to do - solo and with friends. Though playing with friends is much more fun for me.

TIP: find yourself a full time dance partner to play with. TOR's companions allow two players to experience almost all of the leveling content at their appropriate levels - heroics & Flashpoints included. Though the Heroic 4s can be tough for just two level appropriate characters. Especially when companions have to be micro'd to beat advanced boss fight mechanics ... a REAL challenge. What's too difficult now can always be revisited after a couple more levels and better gear. Plus, having a leveling dance partner helps when you get to 50 and start doing HMs, because you'll be able to feed off of each other's forged play styles and tendencies - a "plays well with others" teamwork bonus. :)

Edited by GalacticKegger

I love the game. I have characters on 2 servers... one server for Republic and second for Empire.. all 8 character slots each. I got so far Jedi Sage to 50 and Sith Juggernaut to 50, I love Sith Warrior so much that I am working now on marauder (what a blast) and I think I will level more of them just for fun of the force choke /grin ... and some other things LOL

I love the story, I know there are things which needs to be worked on but I am patient. It is obvious to me that Devs placed a lot of love into this game and that means only one thing... it is going to be better...

I am willing to give them that time.

I Absolutely Love my Companions.... big kudos for Devs

I played EQ2 from 2004 to 20010... excellent game, but I have so much more fun here...

I still remember LU13 which nerfed almost every class in EQ2 (especially warden). But in time all stuff getting fixed... just let Devs do it...

Anyway... everybody is different and finds fun different way...

People who don't like the game are free to go and maybe try it later when it has more content...

I know that I am staying here for good... this is my kind of game and something I was waiting for years. I thought it would be LOTRO, but it's just too boring... could not level my character even to max...

Probably more of a compulsive need than love.

But I too am really enjoying this game. Whether I'm only on for an hour or can devote a whole day, night or weekend to playing, there is always fun stuff to do - solo and with friends. Though playing with friends is much more fun for me.

TIP: find yourself a full time dance partner to play with. TOR's companions allow two players to experience almost all of the leveling content at their appropriate levels - heroics & Flashpoints included. Though the Heroic 4s can be tough for just two level appropriate characters. Especially when companions have to be micro'd to beat advanced boss fight mechanics ... a REAL challenge. What's too difficult now can always be revisited after a couple more levels and better gear. Plus, having a dance partner helps when you get to 50 and start doing HMs because you'll be able to feed off of each others play styles and tendencies - a "plays well with others" teamwork bonus. :)

Regarding your tip that is what a friend of mine does. She will even wait for him to get on when he's has to be gone for awhile. She will craft until he's able to play. She says it more fun that way.

Haters are never gonna let any thread stay positive. For some reason they love goin around trashing the heq out of this game.

Theres been more posts in this thread criticizing critics than actual critiques.

In otherwords, I see more of and more passionate hater haters than just haters in these forums.

For some reason they love going around trashing people over their keyboard and under the comfort of their anonymity.

I love it too!

I have...

Vanguard, 36

Guardian, 31

Commando, 23

Gunslinger, 22

Shadow, 18

Scoundrel, 16

Sage, 13

Sentinel, 11

Powertech, 24

Mercenary, 20

Assassin, 19

Sorcerer, 18

Sniper, 17

Operative, 14

Marauder, 14

Juggernaut, 11

.... yes, I'm an altaholic... I seriously can't help myself.