Who thinks this game will last 10yrs?

Rastellon

In my opinion. This game will be free to play at best in 5yrs if they do not do a massive overhall . With the legitimate effort being made by other mmo companies this year to make a game that will last 10yrs its shocking that this game has not come out with the 1.2 patch yet.

For them to say this game will last 10 years is interesting. I hope they live up to the hype.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance it will last 10 years with the current mentality/approach that Bioware is taking. The main MMO components are being sacrificed for "story and immersion" and they don't seem to be hearing the community/fan base. They gave the appearance of listening by hosting a guild summit, but that was basically just a big PR event. I won't bother with details, as that same sentiment is all over this board.

I had and still do have high hopes for this game, but those are fading fast.

Here it is again, you see these doomsayers on sto, wow, and just about every mmo on the planet lol. Heres a clue is this game what people were looking for, I think its a mixed feeling. Me I was looking for more sandbox, and a space set up like swg. Also a real star wars warzone with many players and something out of episode 2. This being said I also see the good. Swtor has some of the best animations to date, they also have some good graphics, and a good solid storyline. There crafting system is unique, and honestly I like it.

As for 1.2 will you guys give it a rest, no mmo on the face of planet rolls out fast huge updates, and thats what 1.2 is its a big update. Not even blizzard has been able to achieve that despite there best efforts. I wont become a doomsayer yet not until i see lots and lots of pointless updates. So far I have not seen or heard anything like that.

One last thought you might want to consider getting your heads out of your arse and look around. The legacy system there talking about is similar to the elder days of swg. Where a person could be multiple classes, with sub classes. Note I said similar, its defiantly not Identical. They are giving you a chance here to be a trooper and wield force powers via the legacy system.. Obviously not for pvp, because that would cause one major mess.

So give them some slack. I loved space in swg, and ill keep posting in support of something like that, but even I know every mmo on this planet takes forever to change and update there games.

Everquest is still chugging. So is City of Heroes and DAoC. Even Vanguard is still going.

Only really bad MMO's go away, like Shadowbane.

Also, I love how you post the same topic over and over from other forum accounts with the exact same tone and slightly different words. Really classy.

Edited by maxetius

In my opinion. This game will be free to play at best in 5yrs if they do not do a massive overhall . With the legitimate effort being made by other mmo companies this year to make a game that will last 10yrs its shocking that this game has not come out with the 1.2 patch yet.

For them to say this game will last 10 years is interesting. I hope they live up to the hype.

SWG lasted 8.5 years. SWTOR is much better, and has a lot more subscribers and money going into it.

Edited by Kourage

Strange, could've sworn the /v/irgins subscriptions ran out last month. Guess they just love to support what they hate.

I do not see this lasting more then a few years! The player base already seems to be dying off at great rates and with the way the game is going it will be like when Star Wars Galaxies launched NGE almost dead in less then a year or so!

They like many said are going for story based immersion and honestly it is fun but gets really boring after a while, and not giving the players a better gaming experience is going to be one of this games biggest downfalls!

It seems almost everything in this game is a HUGE credit sink. I mean it costs upwards of 30K just to remove a mod from a piece of armor and that is just plain stupid.

Plus from day one there should of never been a cap on the number of WarZone & Mercenary commendations you could have. Maxing out at 1K each till 1.2 was a HUGE mistake.

Plus not giving the players the ability to pick and choose which WarZone we wanted to go to also was a HUGE mistake. Because I for one hate HuttBall and if i had the option to never play it again or load into it i would!!

And why do we need the cut scenes when we are getting off or onto our ships? I mean that is just a waste of time, and even so we should of been given from the get go the option to load into the Space Station over the planet or just go right to the planet!

And do not get me started on the levels for WarZones, honestly making a level 10 player go in with a level 49 was just wrong after they changed the system! They should of stuck 10-19 & 20-29 & 30-39 & 40-49 all in there own WarZones. And i know what some people will say, well you will wait a long time to Queue or start off with uneven teams, well welcome to being level 50 when you are that level it happens alot!!

Everquest is still chugging. So is City of Heroes and DAoC. Even Vanguard is still going.

Only really bad MMO's go away, like Shadowbane.

Also, I love how you post the same topic over and over from other forum accounts with the exact same tone and slightly different words. Really classy.

Yeah, I thought Shadowbane was going to be the PVP game. Guess not. EQ is still going. While they just went Free to Play, it is very limited. I wonder how many subscribers they have. DAOC is down to like 1 server and 5000 people. It was another PVP game. I think SWTOR will last quite a while from what we have seen with these past games. One thing that I see though, they better concentrate on their PVE. EQ has pretty much outlasted some of those other PVP games.

At this rate if bioware keeps this crap up this game wont even last 3 years. If Bioware actually listens to its players, merge servers or allow transfers i can see this game going for 10 years.

I doubt the good doctors are willing to set aside their pride long enough to listen to to us mere mortals.

I doubt the good doctors are willing to set aside their pride long enough to listen to to us mere mortals.

They likely won't listen to the players, but chances are they will listen to LA if they come barking because TOR isn't up to their satisfaction.

Same thing happened in SWG and the result was the CU/NGE.

Edited by Bluerodian

Of course not! Dont you know the world is supposed to end this year?

yep Dec 21, we implode..

But really who knows, i figure wow will be free to play in a couple of years I am sure it will get 10+ years, Eq an UO still going past 10 years, it could happen, I am sure it wll be free to play by then if it makes it, games and people are changing, how do we know if the mmo genre will be around at all in 10 years, if it is, with the advances being made in cloud technology, and a few other things looming out there, who's to say the way we game will not be something completely different..

SWG lasted 8.5 years. SWTOR is much better, and has a lot more subscribers and money going into it.

I'm going to laugh hard when swg's 8.5 year run beats this game by a mile before it dies. At the rate this game is going with all the current problems, I highly doubt it will last even 2 years. It's just another themepark mmo flop sadly enough.

I had hoped this would be a good mmo, but I'm bored of end game, don't feel like rolling any more toons, already have 2 50's, and other 40ish toons. UI is horrible, targeting is broken, content is bugged, piss poor performance (ilum pvp anyone? yeah right...) crafting is boring and useless except biochem, etc, etc. The list could go on and on. My friends in my guild are the only thing keeping me here atm, as I enjoy their company in game, but many of them are as frustrated as I am with the game.

As others in this thread have pointed out, this game needs a MASSIVE overhaul if it wants to survive, but with EA/BW attitude to it's customers, and the multiple problems this game has, the death throes of this game have already begun.

5 years? I give it 5 months at best.

The hype is already gone, its another (lousy made) theme park, point and click mmorpg, with a "star warsy" cover.