No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

Are you playing WoW or TOR lol?

I'm asking because your acting (and not only yours) towards this discussion demonstrates that you want the same identical features, copy-pasted from WoW to TOR.

BW could do a lot worse than to implement their own LFG feature exactly as it's implemented in WoW.

For example, they could do nothing and leave players on every server that's not High population with great difficulty in finding groups.

Or they could implement a single-server tool and leave players on low population servers (over 80% of NA servers) screwed.

So, yah, let's start with the WoW tool as a blueprint and see if there's anything we can to to help reduce the occurrence of bad behavior, like maybe making our roll-for-loot tool a bit smarter or changing the way loot is distributed in flashpoints.

Edited by DarthTHC

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW could do a lot worse than to implement their own LFG feature exactly as it's implemented in WoW.

For example, they could do nothing and leave players on every server that's not High population with great difficulty in finding groups.

You know they will not.

So, yah, let's start with the WoW tool as a blueprint and see if there's anything we can to to help reduce the occurrence of bad behavior, like maybe making our roll-for-loot tool a bit smarter.

You see?

You said what i stated. You want TOR to be a WoW clone.

The community doesn't want that.

Edited by DeadlyConqueror

Are you playing WoW or TOR lol?

I'm asking because your acting (and not only yours) towards this discussion demonstrates that you want the same identical features, copy-pasted from WoW to TOR.

Both. :) And what is wrong with TOR having some of the good features of WOW or vice versa? I am not a WOW hater. And I want TOR to succeed and be around for a long time to come.

You know they will not.

You see?

How is this not a WoW clone already, pretty much feels the same to me. What's wrong with copying the most successful MMORPG of all time? Are you up in arms over combat logs and dual spec coming as well? They're coming here, or you just trying to gloss over your hatred of the LFD with an idealistic stance that makes you come off as noble?

EDIT: And how on earth do you know what the "community wants", I see 3-4x more times the interest in WoW related features from people who oppose them. I know several people who play both games concurrently and wish they could switch full-time to SWTOR but can't because it's still lacking in certain areas

Edited by Touchbass

You know they will not.

Or they could implement a single-server tool and leave players on low population servers (over 80% of NA servers) screwed.

You see?

Nope. I never said I want all of TOR to be a WoW clone. Stop putting words into my mouth and making assumptions.

I want TOR to have useful features that WoW has, that make the game more fun, more pleasant, less boring, and less frustrating.

I don't want the WoW setting. I don't want the WoW crafting system, though SWTOR's is pretty close to it.

I would actually be completely in favor of any sort of implementation of anything that would help me find a flashpoint group in 15 minutes or less. But of the different things I can imagine, cross-server LFG is the most reasonable to solve the problem.

I also want other features from WoW to be implemented into TOR, like guild banks.

But, hey, if you hate WoW so much that you want to ensure SWTOR never gets any features WoW has, you probably hate TOR so much you shouldn't be playing it. I mean, there are button bars and quests and it's an MMO and there are 2 sides with a built in conflict and there's pvp and there's a pvp group finder tool and there's ingame mail and a way to sell goods to other players and there's crafting and the trinity and... my fingers are getting tired.

Just because a feature is in WoW doesn't mean it's evil. Actually, it means it might be pretty good or 10M people would have raised Caine when the feature went in, right?

Nope. I never said I want all of TOR to be a WoW clone. Stop putting words into my mouth and making assumptions.

I want TOR to have useful features that WoW has, that make the game more fun, more pleasant, less boring, and less frustrating.

I don't want the WoW setting. I don't want the WoW crafting system, though SWTOR's is pretty close to it.

I would actually be completely in favor of any sort of implementation of anything that would help me find a flashpoint group in 15 minutes or less. But of the different things I can imagine, cross-server LFG is the most reasonable to solve the problem.

I also want other features from WoW to be implemented into TOR, like guild banks.

But, hey, if you hate WoW so much that you want to ensure SWTOR never gets any features WoW has, you probably hate TOR so much you shouldn't be playing it. I mean, there are button bars and quests and it's an MMO and there are 2 sides with a built in conflict and there's pvp and there's a pvp group finder tool and there's ingame mail and a way to sell goods to other players and there's crafting and the trinity and... my fingers are getting tired.

Just because a feature is in WoW doesn't mean it's evil. Actually, it means it might be pretty good or 10M people would have raised Caine when the feature went in, right?

None could have said it better. Well done. :)

Sometimes when I get home from work at 2am in the morning I'd like to be able to find a group consistently instead of being SOL most of the time. You'll have to excuse me though, where I'm from women are allowed to vote so it's confusing for me not being able to vote in this country

You donot have to miss that with a LFG tool. Plus....remember your experences are not the only ones Bioware has to consider. And not everyone PVP's. BioWare needs to consider the amount of players who are flustrated in trying to find groups to experence end game content in TOR. If they ignore that, then they will fail.

You completely missed the point. Unless you start seeing people on a regular bases trust me you don't really remember them. It's not about me. This was just an example from my personal experience. This extends to PvE also. It has been said before that people remember the movers and shakers on their server, both in PvP & PvE.

How is this not a WoW clone already, pretty much feels the same to me. What's wrong with copying the most successful MMORPG of all time?

I could say they took the concept of the KOTOR series and applied it to a MMO which is what they did. If anything, they cloned their own game and turned it into a MMO using a different engine.

no cross server lfg tool please, and no cross server battlegrounds too, specialy not in pvpRP servers! it will kill life on the server, it happened in wow... you're warned!

Will it kill the servers faster than people unsubscribing because they can't find enough players to play with in an MMO?

no cross server lfg tool please, and no cross server battlegrounds too, specialy not in pvpRP servers! it will kill life on the server, it happened in wow... you're warned!

Well...hate to break it to you..but it is coming for PVP warfronts. Consider yourself warned. :cool:

You completely missed the point. Unless you start seeing people on a regular bases trust me you don't really remember them. It's not about me. This was just an example from my personal experience. This extends to PvE also. It has been said before that people remember the movers and shakers on their server, both in PvP & PvE.

No..I did'nt. I was trying to be kind and not mention why should one .....nvm. Besides...Bioware has allready said they are going to improve Open World PVP, so the options will still be there for you to be remembered by some on your server. :cool: Even today in WoW..if you want to go to Crossroads for example and battle the other PVP players...you still can.

Lady Deathwhisper

I would run in to the pack of trash and iceblock so as to group every one of them (affectionately known as the "mage pull") and then the tank(s) would come and peel them off, hopefully before iceblock wore off... otherwise I was faceplanted for the duration of trash clean up (rare)! :D

Well that's an interesting strategy. I was hoping you weren't running in saying "LEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEENNNNNNNNNKINS!" *Pyroblast*. :D

If the LFG tool is such a standard for today's MMO's I challenge any of you to show me an MMO that has ever launched with it?

(I'm not against the tool, but I honestly cannot think of one single game that launched with it.)

Well that's an interesting strategy. I was hoping you weren't running in saying "LEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEENNNNNNNNNKINS!" *Pyroblast*. :D

I left out that I was invisible while I got in the center. It was a planned strategy so that we could just kill all middle trash on one pull. Otherwise you had to pull two groups and then the two side mobs separately.

It was exciting for a lil mage. Although, I should have added "LEEEEEEEEEROY JEEENNNNNNNKINS" as well! :D

If the LFG tool is such a standard for today's MMO's I challenge any of you to show me an MMO that has ever launched with it?

(I'm not against the tool, but I honestly cannot think of one single game that launched with it.)

SW could have been the first... what a blown opportunity! :D

So no game has EVER launched with a LFG and the MMOs coming out this year will not have them at launch either.

Rift put it in fairly quickly after launch.

SWTOR is putting it in fairly quickly after launch for single server and as soon as the devs figure out it did nothing to help anyone not on a heavy pop realm, they'll make it cross-server.

What does launching with a tool have to do with anything?

So no game has EVER launched with a LFG and the MMOs coming out this year will not have them at launch either.

I love the smell of Biodrones in the morning ...

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/477/feature/6168/TERA-GDC-2012-HandsOn-Preview.html

This is Tera Btw ...

"Improved Grouping: En Masse has gone ahead and bumped up experience bonuses for grouping to encourage players to get together and adventure. Additionally, the developer has also added an instance finder functionality to allow players to queue up and get right into instanced PvE content where they will also find new bind-on-pickup gear. En Masse explained that the bind-on-pickup aspect was important as they wanted to be able to reward players with powerful items without breaking the in-game economy."

Bioware really messed up with not putting in a better LFD tool and thought they could get away with it. I promise you that this game would be over the cusp of 2million subs back in February if they had better group management. HOWEVER they can redeem themselves with 1.3 if it doesn't take forever and it works.

Edited by Touchbass