Zen vs. Transcendence?

SweetOldBob

I've got to be missing something, but in PvP Zen looks much more useful than Transcendence; I like the idea of something hanging around for 6 charges vs. 10 seconds.

If Transcendence is enabled, do you continue to stack centering?

Better question: what is a good strategy for using Zen and Transcendence in PvP? In PvE??

Thanks!

I've got to be missing something, but in PvP Zen looks much more useful than Transcendence; I like the idea of something hanging around for 6 charges vs. 10 seconds.

Better question: what is a good strategy for using Zen and Transcendence in PvP? In PvE??

Thanks!

Bro Zen is what you need to be popping especially if you are watchman spec. Inspiration is the ability you should pop in pve during a raid.

Really transcendence isn't worth it unless you want to pick up some speed during hutball.

What spec are you?

If you're Watchman specced, there is zero reason not to use Zen as often as it is up. The party heals plus the insane damage from six auto-crit burns is your bread and butter. As others said, Transcendence is great for opening Huttball or if you're running the ball; but that's honestly it's only real use right now.

Thanks!

You do not continue to stack centering while Zen is up.

I play Watchman in Juyo form, so I use my Zen just as I'm about to apply my 3rd stack of Overload saber in both PvE and PvP. Use it whenever you can.

I use Transcendence in PvP when my group and I need to move to another objective quickly; it becomes helpful when you need to move from 1 door to another for a Voidstar defense.

Edited by Zellfel

As Combat spec in PVP only, I find I use Trans more than zen because I dont really have room for spamming strikes in my priority list. But the people who say to keep it on cd in watchman are totally right. I have a buddy I run with that runs watchman and when you are fighting on a voidstar door its kind of cool to have group wide heals start ticking off.

Bro Zen is what you need to be popping especially if you are watchman spec. Inspiration is the ability you should pop in pve during a raid.

Really transcendence isn't worth it unless you want to pick up some speed during hutball.

What spec are you?

Transcendece is useful in VS and Alderaan as well. Specifically in crossing points for defense in Alderaan and getting to the initial point to cap or distract.

It's useful in VS by jumping ahead of the rush after a door blows on offense, and popping out the door on defense if you know it'll be close. However it is mostly situational you should Zen if those situations aren't going on.

Thanks, everybody!

For me the take away is that Zen will be my bread and butter but if I'm in a WZ and transcendece gets enabled, I'll save it for when the fighting is hot or for when a gate breaks in VS or if I'm getting killed.

Several folks asked: I'm mostly Focus and I use the Sh-whatever balanced form. I'll probably respec to Watchman after I level up, but I may wait until after the dust from the 1.2 upgrade settles.

I only use Zen ever in solo BGs and then only when my group is to *********** dumb to utilise an 80% infight runspeed.

Whenever you queue with a group Trancendence is better in 95% of the situations. Especially when you got a melee assist buddy.

edit: ofc this is watchman (combat after patch) specc only. 50% runspeed untalented does not quite cut it.

Edited by yningunay

What spec are you?

Inspiration is totally useful in pvp... i keep that sucker on CD, not only am i boosting my damage i am helping my team by boosting the groups as well... if it is on cd then yes Zen over Transcendence cause as watchmen we heal the group with that.

also Inspiration Valorace call zen and you will be unstoppable

Tansendance is good in Hutball, and escaping, or are the start of matches

Edited by Dagimpster

Thanks!

Zen in all specs is a huge DPS/amazing utility spike, but transcendence has it uses.

Like previous posters mentioned, at the start to get the ball helps; but I find it helps when chasing or running away in combat. For instance in Hutball if the team gets the ball and the carrier pops sprint, use this and everyone within range on your team gets 50% faster; watch an entire team catch someone without using charge or pull, root is huge in regards to resolve etc.

Also helps a lot if you or the carrier have full resolve. Pop that and watch them break away from the pack and cant be stopped.

The skill also adds some ranged defense. In matches that have a lot of sniper/gunslinger (which happens sometimes) this becomes a straight up 10-20% decrease in dps for them across the board. THIS IS A RARE OCCURANCE, but it happens sometimes and good to know. The heals from watchman/annihilation Juyo form are nice, but not as high as that stardard decrease in DPS.

In the instance of fighting a ranged character that is good at root/slow and you are having issues getting off a leg slash; this will allow you to catch up and get it off for sure.

Lastly, running to nodes, doors etc. After getting a door in VS running to next objective; this helps a great deal as well.

All situational, but can help.

Edited by RG_jhanlec

Zen always use in combat.

Transcendence is a great utility tool though in all warzones. Whether it is getting to a cap faster, escaping certain death, or getting to the ball or goal line in huttball.

Some personal favorites in huttball when you unfortunately get thrown the ball. Leap to the one inevitable moron standing on the ledge above when you see the closest fire pit shutting off, hit transcendence, run/jump down to next level and run for the goal line with no one near you.

Also, in Void Star when your team arms a door to explode or you are about to extend a bridge start building centering until you are capped and hit transcendence immediately after door goes down or bridge opens up and blitzkrieg your way through if your team is half competent.

If you're Watchman specced, there is zero reason not to use Zen as often as it is up. The party heals plus the insane damage from six auto-crit burns is your bread and butter. As others said, Transcendence is great for opening Huttball or if you're running the ball; but that's honestly it's only real use right now.

You are very wrong. Trans is one of the greatest tools in sent arsenal if it is talented and used properly. WZ is about a team play, you know.

Transcendence is handy in all 3 wzs imo.

When you're defending nodes and someone calls an inc especially if you're rolling with someone that has force speed popping transcdence gets everyone to the objective so much faster.

As far as team based stuff outside of combat it is invaluable. Its even fun to pop it in combat occasionally.. or have that and zen up at the same time using valorous call like a boss!

Edited by AngusFTW

Its simple 95% of the time you will be using zen, and situational when you need a speed boost you use trans.

Zen heals you for something like 18-20% after all is said and done. Its our bread and butter as watch for controlling burst/surviving close calls.

People get rather annoyed when you attack them with 15% health and end up with more then you started, with them a twitching mass of meat on the ground.

Ahh... good times >=)

Zen - This should be your main tool of destructive and minor support healing. You should be using that one pretty much anytime it's available and you're overload is ready to kick in. If you're already engaged into a battle, use it.

Transcendence - Gives your party 10% defense and 50% speed. That skill extremely useful if you need to move from one location to another. You're party has just successfully defended the Left Turret and now you need to get back to the middle, Transcendence will allow your team to keep a good pace around the map. MAP control is extremely important in PVP and Transcendence will help your team keeping that firm control. While 10% seem trivial, that extra defense can make a huge difference in an opening fight where everyone is burning their big cooldowns on each other. Use it wisely but keep in mind that this helps your team and sometimes, it's only that extra drop that makes the entire difference.

Inspiration - This one requires some communication but in a PVP situation where your team is going head on against the opposing force. Let your team know that you're boosting their damage and watch the fireworks. In pre-made, I tell my guys that I'm about to pop Inspiration... the moment I do, they all kick in their relic/stimps and for the next 15 seconds, we are ravaging the other team. Not to forget that healers are suddenly mini gods. I've tested it countless of times and in a stalemate battle, if you pop Inspiration, you'll suddenly see the enemy falling.

Inspiration + Relic of power + Merc Slash = You don't want to be the one getting hit by that.

A good Sentinel thinks above his own self. You are a DPS machine and a solid support character. We have abilities that can change an entire fight sequence. Not using our abilities to the fullest is a huge mistake. I use Inspiration as often as I can and I must admit, the results are often better than my 6 dot crit Zen.

Edited by Zag_Stratos

A good Sentinel thinks above his own self. You are a DPS machine and a solid support character. We have abilities that can change an entire fight sequence. Not using our abilities to the fullest is a huge mistake. I use Inspiration as often as I can and I must admit, the results are often better than my 6 dot crit Zen.

I like this...you may have just inspired a new Sentinel. About time I take a break from the killing free for all on the Imp side.

Now...where to make it...that's the question!

I like this...you may have just inspired a new Sentinel. About time I take a break from the killing free for all on the Imp side.

Now...where to make it...that's the question!

Not sure I understand "where to make it"

Edited by Zag_Stratos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.