What I will do in same faction voidstars ... if they go live

GoldSquadGirl

I'll quit it, my guild will quit it, and I will be encouraging others on my server and in my faction to quit it.

EDIT: quit the warzone, not the game lol. Not sure why that was so confusing. :p

I know many players are driven by an unending need for more loot, and their own faction doesn't matter to them, fine.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

We did this by appealing to factional Pride, and getting Republic Players to stay in Ilum long after their dailies were done. And by getting Republic guilds to agree to not "kill farm", that's why it doesn't happen on PoT5.

We refused to bend over for imps to get our valor, and we're not going to steamroll fellow reps to get it either.

Now Huttball isn't really PVP to us, it's like soccer or whatever. Same faction competition there is OK.

Voidstar is PVP.

And with rated warzones going live, you will hurt your own faction if you compete against them in voidstar, and you win that warzone by killing the other side faster (unlike Huttball where CC's, passing, and sprints rule the game)

Don't make Voidstar same-faction, because no matter how you do, you're breaking it for us.

(Good changes in 1.2 overall btw.)

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, if I understand this correctly, you are saying that "pride" in your faction that you worked so hard to earn will be lost, correct?

This is not true.

The faction pride is there, and if you are on a balanced server like you say, then you should have a lot of opposing faction warzones.

Think of the same faction warzone as "practice" for the opposing warzone games.

I'll quit it, my guild will quit it, and I will be encouraging others on my server and in my faction to quit it.

I know many players are driven by an unending need for more loot, and their own faction doesn't matter to them, fine.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

We did this by appealing to factional Pride, and getting Republic Players to stay in Ilum long after their dailies were done. And by getting Republic guilds to agree to not "kill farm", that's why it doesn't happen on PoT5.

We refused to bend over for imps to get our valor, and we're not going to steamroll fellow reps to get it either.

Now Huttball isn't really PVP to us, it's like soccer or whatever. Same faction competition there is OK.

Voidstar is PVP.

And with rated warzones going live, you will hurt your own faction if you compete against them in voidstar, and you win that warzone by killing the other side faster (unlike Huttball where CC's, passing, and sprints rule the game)

Don't make Voidstar same-faction, because no matter how you do, you're breaking it for us.

umm its called a SIMULATION... the new WZ even treats it as a simulation when its same faction battles, consider it practice....

Any way you slice it:

More and more frequent PvP = more and more frequent valor and comm gains and quicker progression thru dailies/weeklies = more and more frequent loot upgrades for you and your faction.

THAT is the math. If all you care about is who has Rank X, then (imho) you're doing it wrong. Even if you're handing fellows from your faction a loss, they get the benefits of having played. They (and you) can then turn it around and use it to spank the other faction, regardless of your relative PvP ranks within your own faction.

Avoiding playing people in your own faction in some strange attempt to buff the PvP rankings of teams on your own faction will in fact be nerfing your and their ability to take advantage of the more frequent queue pops one would expect from having more PvP options to help create and hold peoples' interest and break up the monotony of the Huttball treadmill. Moreover, trying to keep your rankings relatively even to each other on your own faction says nothing about your rankings relative to the other faction. You want faction pride? Help your faction brethren to gear up and learn the PvP strats as fast as possible and then stomp the other faction. THAT feels good. Just because you avoided playing against each other on the same faction doesn't mean you'll be able to beat the teams on the other faction. Rather, playing against each other will gear you faster for doing so.

I love same faction vs faction warzones. Here's a pro-tip to keep morale up on both sides. Talk in general chat with the other team jokingly. Have fun. Help the losing team have fun. It works wonders. Even if my premade is STOMPING the other imperials it's fun for both sides as we're all chatting it up while playing.

But i love how you threaten to quit over it and also threaten to "TAKE MY GUILD WITH ME!!!!"

I'm sure Bioware will read that and be like "Oh nooooes, he's taking his guild with him! We'd better change patch 1.2 or else it's game over for us!"

How exactly are you hurting your own faction in same faction Voidstar?

Let's say you are Republic.

Republic vs. Imperial - Republic can lose

Republic vs. Republic - Republic wins 100%

Not sure where the hurt is.

Republic vs. Imperial - You have to kill and be killed by Imps.

Republic vs. Republic - You have to kill and be killed by Reps.

There you go.

I'm here to kill Imps and build the Reps into a fighting force. We're not gonna get there farming each other or slaughtering each other either one.

Voidstar is PVP.

If your server is balanced then odds are it will not happen much, they are doing this for unbalanced servers so people don't end up playing Hutball all the time.

There you go.

I'm here to kill Imps and build the Reps into a fighting force. We're not gonna get there farming each other or slaughtering each other either one.

Ok. You have to kill your own faction but I still don't see the hurt. You are getting commendations from playing. You would rather sit in the fleet instead of gaining commendations?

OP, if I understand this correctly, you are saying that "pride" in your faction that you worked so hard to earn will be lost, correct?

Mostly correct.

Pride isn't "earned" by me, it is built because the members of the faction look out for the other members of the faction.

It doesn't take a lot of same faction killing sprees to hurt feelings and turn that around.

This is not true.

The faction pride is there, and if you are on a balanced server like you say, then you should have a lot of opposing faction warzones.

Think of the same faction warzone as "practice" for the opposing warzone games.

We are not on a numerically balanced server. We made it balanced with our own hard work.

There are usually 200+ Imps in fleet when Ilum is kicking. Reps in Ilum will outnumber our fleet Reps, those Reps are doing extra to keep the balance going.

As far as "practice" ... sure I could think of it that way, but I can't demand that other, greener PVPers on the Republic side to see it that way.

There you go.

You're not killing them, it's a simulation -- as in a training exercise. I'm sure no military organization has ever had it's own people "battle" each other as a form of training. Wait...

It's not slaughtering each other, it's practice for the matches where you are up against the Imps.

The whole "factional RP pride" element is for those who get distressed easily by being killed in a video game. Sounds to me your faction is emotionally unstable in that Dept., and I think you encouraging others to quit because "you" don't like it is pretty carebear tbh.

Ok. You have to kill your own faction but I still don't see the hurt. You are getting commendations from playing. You would rather sit in the fleet instead of gaining commendations?

I don't give a womprat's tail about comms.

Mebbe to some people that is strange, but when I play a PVP game, the PVP is what I play for. I'd do it if Bioware didn't pay me comms to.

I've been fully BM geared, fully War Hero for a while, and I still spend my time in Ilum fighting to help the Reps there, and I know many other players who do the same.

I play a game to have fun the way I want to, not to line my pockets with e-loot.

Killing Reps just isn't fun for me.

Voidstar is PVP.

I look forward to other warzones where you can fight your own side, just cause I've pugged with a bunch of them and look forward to playing against them in huttball and other matches.

I view guild based combat differently and as a smuggler my affilation with the republic is far more grey.

That being said on RP servers how do Jedi justify playing huttball? Let alone huttball against same faction.

Or intentionally completing bonus missions?

I find that dynamic more intriquing than fighting your own side.

However, I can see servers where you don't want to punish further your own side.

It might just push that guild/group over the edge loosing to the better same side guild and the imps/repubs again.

I find that Imperials are switching over more and more these days. I think it because our side seems to have a bit more maturity....

You have people who picked the side knowing it was inferior.

I could understand the op's point if pvp in this game was part of a meta game. But has it is now pvp is really well pointless, in the sense that pvp doesn't have any consequences and no gain outside of tokens and gear.

Personally I'm fine with this game if it means less sorc ball.

The same way you build your faction sense of pride, make it an unwritten rule that you don't farm same faction in warzones.

Edited by Lxkane

The whole "factional RP pride" element is for those who get distressed easily by being killed in a video game. Sounds to me your faction is emotionally unstable in that Dept., and I think you encouraging others to quit because "you" don't like it is pretty carebear tbh.

No, it's carebear to mix up the warzones and interrupt the rivalry we're building between the Reps and the Imps.

Carebears all over this thread saying "you get comms who cares" and I am saying, idc about comms.

I wanna kill the Imps, and I wanna get my fellow Reps to kill them, hate them, kill them again, whatever.

You can't get really intense PVP going by pitting you against your own faction like this.

No, it's carebear to mix up the warzones and interrupt the rivalry we're building between the Reps and the Imps.

Carebears all over this thread saying "you get comms who cares" and I am saying, idc about comms.

I wanna kill the Imps, and I wanna get my fellow Reps to kill them, hate them, kill them again, whatever.

You can't get really intense PVP going by pitting you against your own faction like this.

I have a feeling you are in the very small minority here. If there was zero benefit from PvP (except pride), I would think the War Zones would be wastelands as PvE players would have no reason to play and PvP players would have no gear to epeen over.

I could understand the op's point if pvp in this game was part of a meta game. But has it is now pvp is really well pointless, in the sense that pvp doesn't have any consequences and no gain outside of tokens and gear.

Personally I'm fine with this game if it means less sorc ball.

Your point is very good, if PVP is totally pointless in SWTOR then go ahead and same faction the bloodiest warzone in the game, it won't matter.

See the PVP game has failed you, and that's not any disrespect meant to you btw.

On my server, we got a real rivalry going, and it has helped my side build real PVP, the kind you love your side and hate the other, and savagely fight over snow covered rocks.

Then create enough PvP events in Open World to fill your "hate them, kill them" fiesta, then que up for some PvP and profit? Sounds to me, a better way to be proactive with this is to just chat with fellow Republic Guild Leaders and have a chat about it. Quitting a WZ rarely has an acceptable excuse, and honestly, factional RP pride just isn't going to cut it. Sadly, you will find this out when other Rep guilds don't quit the WZ's...and you will have an even bigger issue because others prefer to PvP > Faction RP /quit.

/shrug

GL with that.

I have a feeling you are in the very small minority here. If there was zero benefit from PvP (except pride), I would think the War Zones would be wastelands as PvE players would have no reason to play and PvP players would have no gear to epeen over.

Of course I am in the minority.

But my minority is the one that makes stuff happen for the majority.

We're the few that can balance a server that is very imbalanced numberswise, we're the kind of players who can take 10 new Republic 50's and show them a good time fighting imps on their first day as a 50, whether they win or lose.

My minority can make people feel all e-proud of being a Republic player, laugh at it if you want.

But we have a hella lotta fun doing it, you don't need to toss comms at my friends to keep them subbed to a game.

Your point is very good, if PVP is totally pointless in SWTOR then go ahead and same faction the bloodiest warzone in the game, it won't matter.

See the PVP game has failed you, and that's not any disrespect meant to you btw.

On my server, we got a real rivalry going, and it has helped my side build real PVP, the kind you love your side and hate the other, and savagely fight over snow covered rocks.

Not sure what you are saying here. I find some of the Imperials on my server more deplorable then the Republics I fight.

PvP hasn't failed me, in fact I am LOVING the fact it won't be 80% Huttball now. I like Huttball. I don't mind playing in 2 out of 5 times. Honestly though? I could argue Huttball is nothing more then a game, and has no real relevance to your 'actual war between the sides'.

I think the 1.2 PvP changes are great! 3 out of 4 warzones will be available to everyone now, population regardless. Outfreakin-standing.

If you're going to quit over this, then knock yourselves out. That'd rate in the top 10 most ridiculous reasons to quit I've ever heard.