What do you think Guild Ships should be like?

Pcolapat

Here is what I would want.

Personal quarters for each member complete with trophy rooms. Officers quarters are a bit nicer.

A hanger bay that actually shows each members ship.

A cantina with pazzak tables.

A cinema that automatically replays your last operation from a cinematic perspective or at least the highlights from your last operation.

Gear lockers that have your toons name on them.

Banners that are customizable with your guilds logo, up-loadable to the game from your own computer.

A fully operational battle ready guildship. Gun turrets, small fighters that can be manned for multiplayer space combat verses other guilds.

Unique vendors that sell items that can be unlocked through guild achievements.

Different tiers of guild ships that can be upgraded by the guild through crafting, pvp, and operations.

A space PVP area that you can take the guild ship into and fight other guilds from the other faction. You ship takes damage during these fights and must be repaired through either credits or repairs itself over time for free in a shipyard. (24 hours for a full free repair)

The bridge has a display that monitors the entire battle with a cool holo display in real time. The guildships should be slow moving but can move.

Turrets are short ranged, but very accurate and powerful. They can be destroyed and repaired during the fight.

During space combat the other team can board your ship and cause internal damage. They can even destroy the spawn point inside your ship forcing you to travel back to the fleet station where you are locked out of the fight when you die.

NPC guard droids inside your ship can be purchased and upgraded over time. There could be multiple types to defend against different kinds of attackers. Healing droids, tank droids, dps droids. They must be repaired or replaced after each fight. You can even purchase and deploy these droids during the fight from a vendor inside the ship. There is a cooldown on each purchase though so your guild cannot just endlessly spawn new droids as they are being destroyed.

Guild ships should be named by the guild, and colors on the inside and outside should be customizable.

I could go on forever so I will stop there.

what your asking for is pretty much a whole new game and beyond realistic expectations even if anything near that was to happen..

I agree that the OP is asking for too much in some respects, but on the other hand right now there is nothing so somewhere between would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...

i do not expect to have a personal room, unless they did some cheesy instanced area for everyone on the guildship.

i would basically expect a large area to serve as the ship, and would have the option for the guild to upgrade it using credits. we could install many of the legacy functions already available, such as the operations and combat dummies, vendor, mail, etc.

the rest of the upgrades would just be superficial stuff, like a rakata fern tree or something.

i won't be expecting much beyond this.

This Guild Ship thing is a very good idea, that I and everyone would enjoy. But we have to take in mind that this will probably be very time consuming for the developers, and at start it would probably be glitchy/buggy, which they would need a lot of hours to fix. But overall this is a very good idea, that I think everyone would enjoy.

I don't think it would be hard at all. Just another hanger bay that is instanced.

And if you are dealing in reality, you could have whatever is needed to maintain the "hanging out" part of the game.

You'd need:

1) Trade chat

2) PVP vendor -- to trade in commendations

3) PVP and PVE daily/weekly terminal

4) Repair

5) Auction house

6) Upgradeable cantina

7) Training dummy

8) Guild bank

And this would be super nice but probably would be beyond the scope of reality -- an area to duel

LOL, hence something that I always wanted in World of Warcraft: Guild Halls or Guild Ships. I thought it be awesome to have an instanced area for guilds to showcase raid trophies (like end boss head or item), PVP banners and have a neat place to hang out with your guild that is not in a general or trade chat area. But you would still have to go outside of it to craft, auction, and other activities.

But how much would it support population wise and would there be all sorts of bugs with it. I always thought it would be absolutely awesome, and I would say that it would be the ultimate fun collective group gold sink and guild achievement. This post just reminded me of how I thought MMOS should have worked for guilds 4 years ago.

• A toilet, I currently take a dump in the woods on Alderaan when I need to go
  • A lounge area with chairs I can sit on
  • A coke machine - where the hell can I get a coke in space?
  • A beer machine, they have them in Japan, why not in space?
  • Showers! I stink, I'm covered in severed body parts from my cool lightsabre tricks
  • A stereo, c'mon, space is dull - get the party started!
  • Doors on the private cabins so I can get busy without other crew standing in the opening peeking
  • A cupboard for that stupid robot to be stuck into
  • Roller-derby rink, with the ability to team off and play against other guildies, it is the 70's after all!
  • A basement for my 'hobbies'
  • Wookie throw rug
  • A working lightspeed drive
  • A chart for converting parsecs to a measure of time
  • Flight attendants
  • Shields that are up all the time, I don't have to tell my second in command to put them up after we take a few hits
  • Lasers with laser targetting like modern guns have - no more silly misses
  • Internet kiosks so I can FaceBook while I travel or to give the cold shoulder to Darth Halitosis
  • Artificial gravity units that don't bounce me around like I'm in a box if the ship takes a hit - maybe put the things on gyros like the Segway

And more sensibly -

• A meeting hall where we can talk over guild business, give presentations, etc. A working 'projector screen' would be a big plus for watching vids (YouTube, etc) and slide shows. This would be a great place to meet for learning new boss encounters.
  • Lounge with decorations, trophies, and seating that works.
  • Repairs + vending
  • Mail
  • GTN
  • Test Dummies
  • Fight Club
  • Transport ships to main hub worlds
  • Dock with access to your personal ship
  • Guild quests which need a full crew to complete (8/16) for shinnies, guild mats, etc

Big Ask Wish Lisk

• Space combat against other guilds in massive battles requiring a crew of 8-16 to man all the combat and control stations. This should include fighters which can be launched and fly missions on the other ships.
  • Ship professions: Pilot, Gunner, Fighter Pilot, Technician, Engineer, etc - with training quests and a minor grind to get decent at each your interested in. A rank 5 pilot for instance might have better manoevres than a rank 1.

Personal quarters for each member complete with trophy rooms. Officers quarters are a bit nicer.

A cinema that automatically replays your last operation from a cinematic perspective or at least the highlights from your last operation.

Banners that are customizable with your guilds logo, up-loadable to the game from your own computer.

A fully operational battle ready guildship. Gun turrets, small fighters that can be manned for multiplayer space combat verses other guilds.

Different tiers of guild ships that can be upgraded by the guild through crafting, pvp, and operations.

A space PVP area that you can take the guild ship into and fight other guilds from the other faction. You ship takes damage during these fights and must be repaired through either credits or repairs itself over time for free in a shipyard. (24 hours for a full free repair)

The bridge has a display that monitors the entire battle with a cool holo display in real time. The guildships should be slow moving but can move.

Turrets are short ranged, but very accurate and powerful. They can be destroyed and repaired during the fight.

During space combat the other team can board your ship and cause internal damage. They can even destroy the spawn point inside your ship forcing you to travel back to the fleet station where you are locked out of the fight when you die.

NPC guard droids inside your ship can be purchased and upgraded over time. There could be multiple types to defend against different kinds of attackers. Healing droids, tank droids, dps droids. They must be repaired or replaced after each fight. You can even purchase and deploy these droids during the fight from a vendor inside the ship. There is a cooldown on each purchase though so your guild cannot just endlessly spawn new droids as they are being destroyed.

Guild ships should be named by the guild, and colors on the inside and outside should be customizable.

I'm not sure that a single one of these suggestions is in any way realistic. Claiming that MMO's need to exceed expectations misses the point. You are asking them to put more work into guild ships than they have put into any aspect of the game....thus making an entire new game that anyone that isn't guilded won't get to play.

None of these suggestions will ever happen. If you ask for realistic things you might get them. If you ask for absurd things you are just playing pretend.

Edited by RDeanOU

This is what your personal ship is for.

Not going to happen. What if you have a few hundred members?

Kind of like the idea...but I'd prefer when they implement minigames that they keep them to a few cantinas so as to create social hubs that lots of people frequent, instead of everyone just isolating themselves on their guild ships.

Very cool idea. Probably won't happen though. : /

We have lockers on our ships.

I like this idea, but I seriously doubt a game of this scale will allow personally customizable anything. Choosing from various options to create something more personal? Probably. But they would have to spend a ton of time looking over everyone's submissions to babysit the thousands of idiots who will submit inappropriate content because they think they are clever, so it won't happen.

This would be freaking awesome if they expand the space game.

Sweet.

OMGYESLOL

Love all these space combat ideas, hope they change things so stuff like this can be added in the futire.

This would rock.

Made some comments in larger font. :)

EDIT: haha I didn't realize how large size 6 text was, guess I created an eyesore my bad. :p

Edited by Cancrizans