Jugg or Mara? hard decision...

lokiKnight

I'm making my first empire character and need some guidance (not very familiar with Empire). At this point i have a level 50 dps sage and a level 40 vanguard. Now i made myself a Sith warrior and about to reach level 10. What shoudl be my choice for adv. class?? I love DPS and want to be useful in PVP, PVE and FP... is there any sith warrior that can allow me to do so?

At first look i wanted to be a Jugg for the heavy armor, but they seem to lack the damage output. Are they really that weak? On the other hand, Mara seems to have the best of DPS but nothing more.

Any opinion or spec that can give me great DPS and some sort of survival???

Thanks!

All I have to say is Jugg dps is not what everyone makes it out to be. Sure Jugg is not going to throw up anywhere close to the numbers that an Anni specced Marauder can do. Or remove himself from a fight with predation and Force Camo. I have a Marauder and yea its a solo machine when I want to solo roam. I have pocket healed a dps jugg and have never done things that jugg could do. He doesnt die. He has load of utility. And has guard with the flip of a stance. Good juggs are hard to come by. On Vulkar highway server a jugg named Saul I can tell you has never lost in a 1v1 duel. Just saying.

I'm making my first empire character and need some guidance (not very familiar with Empire). At this point i have a level 50 dps sage and a level 40 vanguard. Now i made myself a Sith warrior and about to reach level 10. What shoudl be my choice for adv. class?? I love DPS and want to be useful in PVP, PVE and FP... is there any sith warrior that can allow me to do so?

At first look i wanted to be a Jugg for the heavy armor, but they seem to lack the damage output. Are they really that weak? On the other hand, Mara seems to have the best of DPS but nothing more.

Any opinion or spec that can give me great DPS and some sort of survival???

Thanks!

DPS with 1.2 = Marauder (probably still Anni spec, but Rage looks quite good too).

There's no reason to go Jugg unless you want to tank (at some point), have a specific role in a pre-made or already have a Jugg.

Edited by Goretzu

not hard anymore.. if i had a chance to simply switch advanced class I`d do that right away.

i killed 3 months building rage jugg , made it have the top damage outcome in pvp gear It can possibly have and now when 1.2 comes out apart from huttball ball running, i`ll feel completely useless..

so if you are asking, go for marauders.. they are going to be probably the most overpowered pvp class in the history of MMO... the hell I`ve played lineage 2 for years, every chronicle had different champion but even there the differences between classes weren't that big...

Vengeance is and will remain competitive in 1.2 don't listen to the sky is falling people, or the people that have no actual proof other than preconceived notions.

I've done timed kills on the world boss on Taris with my 50 Jugg (which is one of the best gauges IMO.) Solo I used to come in a few seconds behind the equally geared (rakata) Anni Mara. So the difference is very small percentage in the 3-5% rage at most. When I get my new comp parts here soon I'll try to do a video of it. ATM Fraps kills my FPS pretty terribly.

I'm hoping to get them before 1.2 so I can do a before an after Video. I'd also like to not have to log onto my old server and do it on that Jugg, as that server is kinda meh atm.

Edited by WarSiren

I've done timed kills on the world boss on Taris with my 50 Jugg (which is one of the best gauges IMO.) Solo I used to come in a few seconds behind the equally geared (rakata) Anni Mara. So the difference is very small percentage in the 3-5% rage at most.

This

Most viable specs come within 5% DPS of each other, so just choose what you feel is more fun

A Jugg can do decent dps, and have pretty good survival to go with it. In Addition Jugg can act as a shield for healers, and help debuff enemies as well.

--Also I think the One Bladed look is way better then two Blades.

Im sorry but most of you guys are so frikin lazy... Jug is a tank lol, ofc he doenst do dps like Mara lol, oh hell yeah he survives...

Seriously... Mara will be the next OP class SO LETS ALL MAKE MARAS!! lolol, easy mode :p

PvP players are the worse thing... My god.

Vengeance is and will remain competitive in 1.2 don't listen to the sky is falling people, or the people that have no actual proof other than preconceived notions.

I've done timed kills on the world boss on Taris with my 50 Jugg (which is one of the best gauges IMO.) Solo I used to come in a few seconds behind the equally geared (rakata) Anni Mara. So the difference is very small percentage in the 3-5% rage at most. When I get my new comp parts here soon I'll try to do a video of it. ATM Fraps kills my FPS pretty terribly.

I'm hoping to get them before 1.2 so I can do a before an after Video. I'd also like to not have to log onto my old server and do it on that Jugg, as that server is kinda meh atm.

Could you (or someone that knows it specifically) post your spec? I am interested to see it as my warrior is almost level 10 and i am making her a jugg.

here's a pretty common PvE spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cMZIGMRMudd0RZG.1

theres a few points that are flexible. Accuracy is one example, depending on gear you may not need it. Rampage is questionable...many currently do not use it so i didn't include it in the spec. But after 1.2 it will be a viable talent to take. And some people will pick lash out in the immortal tree over Ravager in the rage tree. I don't find myself rage starved for most the content in running atm tho, so i prefer the reduced CD on choke.

On that subject, keep in mind that much of this will change with 1.2. I forsee myself putting more points into rage tree as an example, since decimate is moving over there.

Edit: Note that this is solely for PvE. PvP would have a different spec entirely.

Edited by Elyx

jug dps is the worst in the game so is there tanking so go mara

I would love to see the parsing you did to come up with that rather arbitrary assumption.

To the OP, it's more of what suits your style. I've run both. It all the way up but reasonably so through the levels and for me I found the Jugg play style more to my liking. I do pretty good damage and while it may be less then a Maras I am no less important in my guild runs. I add to the overall damage of the party with my sunders, I help with off tanking, and do enough damage to help bring down boss's. Not to mention my CC (albeit single target) that allows the party to wail away on mobs without fear of being hit back. Really it comes down to wether you want to wield one saber or two. Do you want to be able to off tank also or just go all stabbie with your glowsticks. Hell give both a try and see which you like best. For me it's the Tank/DPS combo; as can be surmised by my current compliment of a 50 Carolina Parakeet BH, my 50 Darkness Sin, and my 40 Immortal Jugg.

I have both (the Mara isn't 50 yet) and I would go with Mara if you want to dps and Jugg if you want to tank at some point. Juggs do good single target damage with Vengeance and great multi target with Rage. They really put out nice damage so don't let that scare you away. Juggs also are more mobile and can protect other classes better.

Marauders have 2 viable single target trees and their multi target tree is getting a huge buff. They won't be gods like people say but if you only want to dps that is the best one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.