Swap out your enhancements on your BM gear and not keep them? You're screwed.

SliggXx

Per George Zoeller:

"Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions."

------------------------------------------

So, if you didn't keep your original enhancements, you will start patch 1.2 with 150 missing expertise, as the enhancements will be carrying with them 25 expertise each.

Have fun farming new gear.

Another fantastic example of BW not understanding their playerbase.

Edited by SliggXx

Per George Zoeller:

"Hey, some answers.

1. Yes, we have updated the stat distribution on Rakata gear with 1.2.

2. If you have not modified your gear, it will seamlessly update the mods inside when you log into the game the first time after the patch has been applied.

3. If you have modified your gear, it will retain any changes you have made. Any mods you didn't change out will update.

4. Restoring the original mods into the item, before 1.2, will cause them to upgrade at the time of the patch.

The problem, of course, is that if you hand modified your gear, we ultimately have no way of knowing what your intention was. Maybe you wanted to use the mod you removed somewhere else, maybe you just wanted to replace it. We cannot make any assumption as to the intention of individual users when modding the item, preventing us from upgrading already modified items post fact.

TL;DR: Any 'original' mod in an updated item will upgrade with the patch. Any 'foreign' mod added to an item will be left untouched.

Hope that answers your questions."

------------------------------------------

So, if you didn't keep your original enhancements, you will start patch 1.2 with 150 missing expertise, as the enhancements will be carrying with them 25 expertise each.

Have fun farming new gear.

Another fantastic example of BW not understanding their playerbase.

Well guess that's one plus to my having a pretty low BM token drop rate from the bags I've opened, so far only have weapon and chestpiece so it looks like I am only out one enhancement. Guess I'll look to some of the non moddable pieces like the offhand for any tokens between now and then.

Well guess that's one plus to my having a pretty low BM token drop rate from the bags I've opened, so far only have weapon and chestpiece so it looks like I am only out one enhancement. Guess I'll look to some of the non moddable pieces like the offhand for any tokens between now and then.

It doesn't excuse this bad implementation. They really should allow us to turn in modded pieces for an original BM piece. They gave us no indication this was coming and I had no intention of ever using them again, so why spend hundreds of thousands of credits to keep them?

Stupid.

if youve taken a look at the new stats that BM gear will have, youll notice that BM gear still has a crap load of accuracy on it, even though bioware told us they were aware they overstacked accuracy.

its still pretty bad that bioware is shafting us like that, but its more bearable knowing im not missing out on much. the only big thing you'll be missing is the extra expertise

The exact mod I removed or the one with the same stats?

Same stats.

In all seriousness, though, why would anyone ever destroy a mod/enhancement? Were you guys so sure that Accuracy would NEVER be good? Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense would have kept the mod just in case. And no, 30k per mod isn't that much.

Same stats.

In all seriousness, though, why would anyone ever destroy a mod/enhancement? Were you guys so sure that Accuracy would NEVER be good? Anyone with a tiny bit of common sense would have kept the mod just in case. And no, 30k per mod isn't that much.

accuracy WILL never be good. there is zero reason to stack any, ever.

and for some people, the extra 30k per mod IS too much. not everyone likes running dailies every day

Except some of us have modded ALL our gear and we pvp and pve so I already had a ton of mods and didn't feel like I needed to hang on to 10 accuracy enhancements "just in case". 300k gets me my new lightsaber crystals that I wanted to buy. I was pretty mad when I saw this at first, but then when I saw that the Jug gear has pretty much the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF ACCURACY I am still very glad that I took the time to grind all those extra BM pieces to optimize. Edited by DarthxRage

Same stats.

It's hilarious because I have 3 crit/accuracy enhances from by BM gear stored in my bank... same exact stats but one of them has a different name.

Guess I have to guess which one goes to which piece and hope it isn't considered "foreign" because of the name!

It's Bioware's fault the mods / enhancements needed to be replaced in the first place. Why does a class with no need for accuracy whatsoever have a full set of BM gear that gives hundreds of accuracy points? Players shouldn't be blamed, and certainly shouldn't be punished, for customizing their gear to what it should've been in the first place.

Why would I keep enhancements I'm never going to need? Accuracy is pointless now, and it's going to pointless six months from now. This update doesn't change that, anyone swapping them back in still doesn't want the accuracy, they just want the expertise boost.

If people were stupid enough to overwrite the mod, you should lose it. Do you want bioware to rollback items you've destroyed too? How about last weeks deleted item?

You have the option to replace the original mods back in, what more can you ask for?

Edited by Orangerascal

I kept my enhancements, but how 'original' are they supposed to be? Haven't chekced, yet, but one guy above claims some had same stats, different name - which slots do they belong to?

Or is it even restricted to the very same mod, you extracted, tied to the individual id of the armor and mod in question? Let's say head and boot enhancement have the same name and stats, but head enhancements needs to go to head slot again (maybe even the very same head if someone actually has modded duplicates for some reason).

There are still questions, to say the least.

I have modded my BM gear, but this is hardly something to cry about. You're (we're) the ones who decided to change the mods on our gear to try to give ourselves an advantage above unmodded gear. Nobody told us to. They are the ones in charge of changing the system at any time, so live with the choice.

Their decision has absolutely nothing to do with "understanding their playerbase". That's just ridiculous of the OP to state. It's more that your decision shows that you don't understand the way MMO systems work -- they are dynamic, by nature.

Hey at least you are not stuck with bad rng and have 90% champ gear which is getting zero expertise upgrade.

Full bm players are going to feel like its the 10-49 bracket again having literally double the expertise than champion players. Unless you did what star wars suggested and modded your gear with useful stats.

So what? We'll be trading it in for war hero gear. And anyone that cared about their performance swapped their enhancements out, it's not like you're alone on that.

Sure, but will you get your war hero gear overnight? You will be severely gimped in the process of trying to obtain it. Especially if you consider that many people will wish to begin rated WZs as soon as the patch hits and in a min-max environment, 125 expertise is a big deal.

I have modded my BM gear, but this is hardly something to cry about. You're (we're) the ones who decided to change the mods on our gear to try to give ourselves an advantage above unmodded gear. Nobody told us to. They are the ones in charge of changing the system at any time, so live with the choice.

Their decision has absolutely nothing to do with "understanding their playerbase". That's just ridiculous of the OP to state. It's more that your decision shows that you don't understand the way MMO systems work -- they are dynamic, by nature.

If people were stupid enough to overwrite the mod, you should lose it. Do you want bioware to rollback items you've destroyed too? How about last weeks deleted item?

You have the option to replace the original mods back in, what more can you ask for?

You do realize that before the patch notes hit, there was absolutely no reason to keep the enhancements, right? So, people should have dropped a few hundred thousand credits to remove the mods just in case BioWare decided to require them for item conversion later down the line? I can guarantee you that not a single person on all the forums guessed that this was how hey would implement the gear conversion, nor that the enhancements would carry with them an expertise bonus. And if you wish to challenge this notion, please show me evidence of ONE person that hinted that we might need to keep the gimpy, useless enhancements.

So, we are stupid for not being clairvoyant? Bad posts are bad. You can disagree, but don't be insulting. To be honest, based on the state of the game before the patch notes came out, the stupid thing, was to pay to pull the mods out. Just because Bioware has no problems screwing its min-maxer playerbase over in this implementation doesn't change that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.