StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

REPOST ARMY

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

ok i was in chino state prison when i found out about the pre-order........its not fair i couldnt wait until i got out and play this game. its not fair that i wasnt able to order this game since i was locked up......now i have to wait....this is worse anticipation than my release date.......

If trolling: Good job sir!

If not: Don't do things that can get you put in jail maybe?

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

The funny thing is if they suddenly decided to let us all in tonight there would probably be about 70hours long queues..so instead of raging in the 70 hour queue i can actually watch tv have a beer and come in every 10 min to laugh my *** off at all the weird posts going on here.

Thnx bioware for giving me something fun to do while i wait for the launch the 20th :D

I can't believe it, look the servers load Full, High in most of them. Are you saying that all the persons preordered in July?? if we read around there are some persons that ordered the 28th and didn't get in, what about the other months?? even if we get in then we will have to wait a few time in the queue.

Clearly says the Servers is NOT ready for the release day. I sense alot of server crashed after a day or two.

I'm sorry..... but at 1 month or 100k members a day, there is NO possible way they will even get to even October by the 20th. That's *********** PATHETIC! And I want my money back, cause you are screwing us with the false statement of up to Five Days early. At this rate, there is physical way we will get EGA.

Thanks for nothing. and I WILL fight hard for a refund on your BS statement!

[sAD FACE]

I lost count, are you the 10049th or 10050th player to cancel. I need to now how many people I can jump in front of for EGA.

Thanks BW for a kick - butt game, i just cannot wait to get in and meet all of the good people that WILL play the game. :)

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

"This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out."

P.S. Nothing personal EA/BW but this post NAILS it

Everyone just call in to BioWare support and ask them to tell you when you are getting in.

If you are still excited enough about the game to play it after the way they handled this, the only way I can think to get back at them is to troll them like they are trolling us.

this is total bull **** on your part bioware your invite waves suck **** ball's it was how i came in late on your swtor beta i have a feeling same kind of bull **** will happen for early access shame on you at bioware haul your ***'s and send everyone a invite all at once including myself i'm getting tired of this **** who else agree's with me here

I think the best way to stagger release, would have been to do it according to which version of the game you preordered. I myself didn't bother to buy the Collector's Edition but I believe by paying more money those should be entitled to the game first.

like crap, they paid more to get the items they are getting anyway.

After boasting your servers were coping with 750000 people during the beta you let a trickle of players into your servers and stop after only 9hours of waves. You've let barely 200k in - each server (which you happily boasted about) can handle 80-100k.

Complete joke of a system.

The worst thing is the constant cryptic BS messages your company has posted on twatter and other mediums teasing that lots would get in.. You've failed to delivery epically.

You managed to let in 6 days of pre-order, you've now killed any sort of game economy and given a select "elitist" few a massive headstart and advantage irrespective of server.

Bunch of ***** your company.

I also don't wholly disagree with this post. SOME of this is right on.

COPY AND PASTE!