Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have to ask, but honestly, whats 5 bucks now a days? I make less then 30K a year as a teacher and I still consider $5 a great deal to have my name thrown in a hat to get a chance to get early access. People mad about the $5 have never had to pay a cover charge of any kind, ergo making them either kids or boring people who don't drink.
If you pay a cover charge you get in.

I don't see why people are getting so angry. There is at max a week before you can play, which means sometime within the next 7 days you will get your fix. I've seen too many people bashing Bioware for them not getting in today, why? They are letting you in earlier than the release date, they could have just made you wait until the 20th.

I actually understand why they stopped the waves. As a bunch of people have indicated... a great number of invites sent out haven't even gotten home yet. They are probably waiting to see how servers handle from now to early morning so they can adjust and add accordingly.

I'm cool with waiting to play. I've been waiting years. What's another day? In a week we'll all be up to our eyeballs in the force and all the babies will find something new to be able to cry about.

Wow, people! Hold your horses.

TONS of people whining about not getting again when the "rules" of getting in have been explained countlessly!

I think, for a fact, that getting the slight chance of entering 1 hour before the 20th is already a generous benefit that EA/Bioware/LucasArts are giving us, so instead of whining... THANK them for an amazing game and a fantastic way to start it.

I'm quite curious to know when I'll get in, though.

I don't mind getting in on Friday. I have TONS of exams. :mad:

For the last *********** time, people aren't ************ about not getting in... They're ************ about not knowing when they're getting in...

So stop ************ about people ************...

Since WoW launched EGA has been if you pre-order you ALL get the same advantage. You are giving them your money BEFORE a product even exists. When alot of people pre-order there was no hint of this BS staggering system. If there was alot of us might have ordered earlier or even told them to screw themselves. Now the "lucky" few that got in today have the full advantage and will get ALL world and server first! End of story. That is BS!! Now scrubs will get to 50 b4 people who accually put in hard earned time and research into the game. Bioware screwed this EGA / Launch up royally. During the "stress test" They had ALOT more people coming in at a much faster rate. ***....... Unacceptable!

i'm just pissed because they will end up having to open more servers to get everyone in before launch and they should have just put more up today, whats so hard about merging 2 low pop servers in the future if needed?

i guess they like pissed off customers

i pre-ordered on the 22nd, but didnt enter my code till the 27th (didnt know i had to as i didnt know they would do something as dumb as waves of access). guess its my fault. gg.

no clue why waves stop now tho, figured on the biggest day in biowares history they would be around a bit more and would have at least kept doing waves every few hours to passify the fans who have waited forever. guess not. silly us.

inbeforquotedandtoldtocryelsewhere

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Best quote of the whole forum, bud! +1 Prestige! :cool:

So here is the deal why they are not doing jack:

1) They don't care - the preorders will still fill, the servers will still fill, and the game will still be a resounding success

2) THEY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK/SAY - your money is already spent, and they know they have a major success on their hands.

3) Whining will do nothing because......

THEY

DON'T

CARE

I will likely be cancelling my pre-order - SWTOR was only going to be a holdover until GW2 anyway. The "maybe you get early access" is a ******** way of letting people get into the game before launch. Lets look at some prior MMORPG launches

WoW - early access was fine, launch was horrid because of the major influx of people

Aion - early access was fine, launch was ok, game sucked because of lack of content + grind

Rift - early access was fine, launch was great, content was bland.

Why am I pointing out these three specifically? EARLY ACCESS - the game developers for each of those games did not stagger early access. They did not need to because it was not early access that destroyed the servers (or could have), it was launch.

Now, I understand the business side of why Bioware is doing this, but they -are- alienating many of their customers. Sure, most will not care and still play the game, most will not even post here. The fact is, however, that the silent majority do not like being treated as second class ******* who get no information about what is going on, how, or why. Customers like to be kept in the loop, and being told "wave 5 sent at x, more later" is not adequate.

/rant