Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well gee sorry. I guess I was talking to the OTHER angry mob. People should be happy there IS an Early Access instead of ************ about it. That's all I'm trying to say.

I would be happier without an early access if it meant everyone was on an equal playing field. To a lot of people it's a race, and in this instance it's a race that some get an early start. Now the people not in get to have the feeling that they are behind.

To be honest I think it's unacceptable, this isn't a small gaming company we are talking about. They should have gauged it off of WoW. WoW should have been the last major game allowed to have servers crashing. If the servers can't handle the numbers now, then they are going to have a huge problem on the 20th when everyone is logging back on.

Lets also not forget this is the most expensive game ever developed. Server stability should have been one of their priorities. Also, you would assume that the number of players would increase over time, so they should have had better preparations.

I personally think they should have stuck with the usual queue method. They could have done waves with people in queue, at least then you would know your number in line.

Lets all hope they keep sending invites throughout the day.

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

This post is EPIC. Thank you for saying what everyone is thinking.

Registered July 28th- no access.

I don't seem to understand if everybody who per-ordered had to pay an extra $5, why don't we are all get to play the game on the same day. I paid an extra $5 and I don't think that its reasonable that some people get a week while others get a day, and there is no grace period either, which means that I just wasted $5.

I don't care about your "server issues" and other crap thrown out there, I paid a lot of money for this game and I want to play without lag or anything else considering that my computer, internet access and everything else is far above the system requirements which were stated when I bough the game.

dunno about our retailer politics, but in my country they charge equivalent of 5EUR for pre-order... but these will be deducted from box price..., so I DO NOT PAY MORE for my copy, just a few coins in advance...

Invites stopped this early in the day? Well I've gone ahead and cancelled my preorder. They had the time to stress test in beta, I have little interest in logging in and having half the server already max level and already wearing raid gear.

And the thing is, all the servers are almost full. I do not think TOR was even ready for a release. What was the so called "Stress" test was about then? Some LAME excuse not to have open beta?

I thought Early Access meant is everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who pre-ordered the game gets the access at the same time, not like staggering like what they have proudly done with the Release date for the rest of the globe.

Early Access day should be determined as the type of Pre order: 7 days gets the CE, 5-6 days get (Digital Edition), and 3-5 days SE.

Is bioware really not confident that their server can hold? Maybe they should have done more "testing?".

How is this fair when a part of people got in today, they get ahead in leveling there toons? So much for first toon to reach level cap, this is BS

This thought process is flawed at best, that's most likely what everyone who did not pre order is thinking... Chillz We are all getting in many days before the game even launches. I'm not getting to play today, hopefully tomorrow :)

Remove this : Early Game Access Has Begun

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

It's up on the main page. Kinda umm falls ads?

its not an add its a statement... and it doesnt say everyone... just a broad generalization...

No matter what, everyone needs to stop ************ about not being in the game already. The entitlement some people feel here is absolutely astounding. Cancelling preorders like promises were broken and dreams were shattered. Fact is, the terms of early access have been quite clear.

THAT SAID, it would be nice if they would just continue to let people in as long as things are moving forward and all. I don't see what they gain from not doing it, but obviously there's a reason.

No a gift was 1 million preorder money sitting in biowares bank acount.I have never been given a gift on a string that i have to chase to get.

Then maybe you should read next time you buy something to make sure u understand what you get. Cuz obviously you didn't.

kk thx bai.

God this Thread has been a laugh.

Just how many of you act like a bunch of JarJar's.

Mesa order this game, mesa what access, mesa gona kill mesa self if mesa not getting access.

Let me share this with you, Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

After all its just a game.

Wow, people! Hold your horses.

TONS of people whining about not getting again when the "rules" of getting in have been explained countlessly!

I think, for a fact, that getting the slight chance of entering 1 hour before the 20th is already a generous benefit that EA/Bioware/LucasArts are giving us, so instead of whining... THANK them for an amazing game and a fantastic way to start it.

I'm quite curious to know when I'll get in, though.

I don't mind getting in on Friday. I have TONS of exams. :mad:

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

why would you even have thought you were going to play today anyways? early game access was pegged for Thursday. this should have surprised everyone.